+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mage DPS Thread - Goloch

Default Mage DPS Thread - Goloch

I'm sure some people remember we used to have an Ituziel dps thread here where alot of mages posted defilemancer parses so we could see where we are at in terms of dps. So I'm starting one here!

http://www.hypatialogviewer.com/dama...cc5403c&eid=11

Any criticism, advice, etc is appreciated, let's help mages l2dps, or just brag about your parses

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

I think you might be able to get more dps out of that if you put Shocking Touch higher up your Ascension macro (but still below the other 3)...or whatever your priority list while transformed is..... Every parse and fight I've done recently it does about 12-13% of my dps.

3x Countdown? If you're at range (and phantom blades is unavailable), I think Flame Bolt is slightly better.
    Elemental Forces... do you drop this if you ever have 100% charge?

Otherwise.... pwetty numbers
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

http://www.hypatialogviewer.com/dama...514c34a&eid=13

I did 22k on Goloch today playing Warlock.

With no buffs up I have 4152 sp, 1868 sc and 516 cp. I know a lot of mages who have maxed their reps and have close to BiS sigils have significant more sp and cp then I do (like 2 - 300 maybe). To get a really good lock parse, you need to min/max the death's door portion of the fight. I suggest going on PTS and fooling around with the sub 50% dummy. The less times you need to refresh deaths door the better.

I haven't played melee on goloch but I suspect only a perfectly played pyrobringer during the disconnects can beat warlock.

Scratch my stats above, only have 1772 sc

22k is pretty damn good Bearz.
    I'm calling 26-27k as the top we will see this tier assuming no gear buffs aside from those currently on PTS.

Ive always played Chloro on Goloch but hopefully I get to dps next week. I managed 18.2 with no Lock crystal and only blue essences on Kain tonight before i got my Rend the Heavens upgraded. Off the top of my head my stats are pretty similar to yours Bearz.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-21-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    http://www.hypatialogviewer.com/dama...514c34a&eid=13

I did 22k on Goloch today playing Warlock.

With no buffs up I have 4152 sp, 1868 sc and 516 cp. I know a lot of mages who have maxed their reps and have close to BiS sigils have significant more sp and cp then I do (like 2 - 300 maybe). To get a really good lock parse, you need to min/max the death's door portion of the fight. I suggest going on PTS and fooling around with the sub 50% dummy. The less times you need to refresh deaths door the better.

I haven't played melee on goloch but I suspect only a perfectly played pyrobringer during the disconnects can beat warlock.
    Very nice sir! I agree that a perfectly played Pyroharb would top out any of our specs

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I think you might be able to get more dps out of that if you put Shocking Touch higher up your Ascension macro (but still below the other 3)...or whatever your priority list while transformed is..... Every parse and fight I've done recently it does about 12-13% of my dps.

3x Countdown? If you're at range (and phantom blades is unavailable), I think Flame Bolt is slightly better.

Yeah I accidentally stepped out of range during stomps a couple times

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

the more gear we get the less the dps will actually be, warlock parses much better sub 50%, we can all agree that we get a mighty boost from there on in, the more gear the raid gets the faster the boss dies, meaning less time sub 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarz View Post
    the more gear we get the less the dps will actually be, warlock parses much better sub 50%, we can all agree that we get a mighty boost from there on in, the more gear the raid gets the faster the boss dies, meaning less time sub 50%
    Sounds like a good reason to nerf warriors

Shouldn't really make much difference though should it since the proportion of time sub 50% should be the same.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-21-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to nerf warriors

Shouldn't really make much difference though should it since the proportion of time sub 50% should be the same.
    im not quite sure i understand you? the time wont be the same, it would be less time overall, and even more time sub 50, the lock spec is like a lame range spec until sub 50% then it starts to ramp up, the more time sub 50 the more dps you will eventually pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarz View Post
    Such... awful... logic.
    lol

In almost all fights, the same portion of the fight will be spent sub 50% regardless of your total dps (roughly, you guessed it, half the fight). This means that if before, your kill took 6 minutes spending 3 minutes before 50% (say @12k dps) and 3 minutes below 50% (say @14k dps). You then average to 13k dps for the fight. Now, reduce that kill down to 4 minutes! *gasp* you've lost a third of your <50% time... but you lost a third of your >50% time too. So, if you spend 2 minutes @ 12k dps while >50%, and then 2 minutes @ 14k dps while <50%, you'll average out to 13k dps.
    Funny how that works.

Some fights, like Matriarch, may actually see a change due to the stacking toughness that applies only sub-50% and the fact that higher dps will mean that she gets less stacks of this damage-reducing ability which means that the sub-50% portion will change differently in proportion to the >50% portion; but that's a specific fight's mechanics, and not your average fight.

Edit: Apologies for being off-topic from the OP's intention.
    Last edited by Crovack; 02-21-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post

I will try the shocking touch thing, and flame bolt, thanks. In 61 Harb you should have more than enough charge to always use EF, and no I never drop charged blade with It's use.

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    In almost all fights, the same portion of the fight will be spent sub 50% regardless of your total dps (roughly, you guessed it, half the fight). This means that if before, your kill took 6 minutes spending 3 minutes before 50% (say @12k dps) and 3 minutes below 50% (say @14k dps). You then average to 13k dps for the fight. Now, reduce that kill down to 4 minutes! *gasp* you've lost a third of your <50% time... but you lost a third of your >50% time too. So, if you spend 2 minutes @ 12k dps while >50%, and then 2 minutes @ 14k dps while <50%, you'll average out to 13k dps.
    Funny how that works.
    I don't think he's talking about the proportion of the fight, but about the inherent ramp up time of DoT specs. Longer fights in general are better for DoT based specs. Which I guess, unlike old Defilemancer, doesn't really apply as much to 61 Lock since you have Empowered Darkness. I guess 'good' parses will basically be based around kill times to maximize Empowered Darkness uptime and convincing your Archon to Flaring Power sub-50% (when you have Empowered Darkness up), but not sub-30% if you have NB/Sins and managing to stack that with Power Core/Orchestra of the Planes/Lavafield and Wild Growth. ie. Getting the stars to align.

You can see in Bearz's parse that he did an Empowered Darkness Void Barrage refresh a few seconds before Flaring Power (and by extension, Wild Growth + one of the other ones) went off. Would be worth delaying first ED refresh for a few seconds for Flaring Power if your kill times are convenient enough that you don't lose any uptime on ED and SLD? Someone amazing at math should figure it out.

@lol r u mad, I'm pretty sure it's a DPS gain to never let 3x Rending Slash drop even during EA.

Rift Chaser

These parses will also rely on a guild's uptime on the dmg buff. We did the achievement yesterday with only 5 buffs and one of our mages still managed 21.7k in 61lock. I think Lock should be brought down, especially if they wish to keep melee specs a bit ahead. Think kervik gets back from vacation this week so we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Hadezz; 02-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Plane Walker

ok so I will continue then.
    61 Warlock.

Stats unbuffed:
    4126 sp
    1722 sc
    662cp

22 400 DPS.

Anyone got a higher so far?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast