+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CrystalFlame

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ability is blocked: Burning Ground bugs out after death?!

Soulwalker

Default Ability is blocked: Burning Ground bugs out after death?!

Hi guys,

I don't know whether this has already been reported, discussed, addressed or whatever, but there you go:

After every death on my Necromentalist my AoE "Burning Ground" bugs out. I get a screen message "Ability is blocked", good bye AoE.
    It's not only me, other mages in the guild are experiencing the same issue. I've first registered this on the weekend, probably after the patch?

Yes, has happened to me this morning when playing my 61ele in Archive of Flesh. It just greys out and i get the same message 'Ability is blocked'. Sucks and needs fixing asap.

Soulwalker

Agree - it's really a "major issue" for me, since apart from Grave Rot it is my only AoE skill.

Don't think it is only happening in certain dungeons, since I had the probs too in 20man raid.

Have you already submitted a bug report, Hammon? I have unfortunately forgotten and am stuck in office now til late

Soulwalker

Hey all... This has been happening to my mage as well. I put in a ticket about it and the GMs seem to think it is an issue with my UI files getting corrupted somehow, supposedly by add-ons. I really only use Simple Meter but it's w/e. I usually log out and back in and BG is back to normal, but then I have the floating health/mana bars above my toon's head when in combat which should be disabled via interface/nameplates. I then have to exit the game entirely to get that back to normal. It is getting old but all the GMs told me to do was to uninstall my add-ons, repair the client from the login page and then re-install whatever add-ons I wanted to use. Seemed like a lot to go through for an issue that really only popped up in the last week

Prophet of Telara

Trion, please fix this! You guys were so quick of fixing stealth but not this one!!!

Same happened to me in the 20 man, and in 2, 5 mans to my knowledge. The other mages in the guild say it happened to them as well.
    I reported this the other day but so far I have not had word back.

I found the work around with this is to exit the dungeon once you are alive and then re enter and the spell will no longer be unusable.
    If you are ressed by someone inside it does not bug, it just seems if you do a death run back in the dungeon it bugs.
    Sorry for mistakes I'm dyslexic.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

A fix for this is coming with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    A fix for this is coming with the update.
    Nice, was going to report it, but i thought it was just a PTS issue, it bugged out earlier as i was doing the "Take it All Back" zone event

Funny thing was, it only happened when the lasso balloons reactive ability was on, it just greyed out Burniing Ground

+ Reply to Thread