+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changes to mage - impact on dps specs?

Ascendant

Default Changes to mage - impact on dps specs?

I somehow can't find a thread on it. Has it changed anything? Any new parses?

Ascendant

I have logs in hypatia from our raid last night (3/5EE, 4/4FT) but nothing really recent to compare them to, so I'm just going to generalise....

But Mages were near top DPS in our raid last night (for the first time in a while), with 61 Warlock getting the biggest bonus. I think we saw maybe a 10-15% increase.
    61 Harb is a little better as well, perhaps 5% or so.

Will hopefully do some parsing over the weekend and get updated weights for the updated specs.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Strictly looking at my dummy parses I'm seeing lock 500+higher, nothing different but vbarr on cd and CA. A loss of at least 300 on 44/32pyroharb, due to combust. A gain of 400 or so on 61harb, using 11pyro/4ele offsoul(for combust), I found prioretizing manually refreshing rending slash at 1sec is now more important than ever but having issues with keeping combust up due to LS. Refuse to touch pyro atm really, lol.

Telaran

So now 61/8/7 or 61/11/4 Harbinger is better than 41/33/2 Pyroharb?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Castan View Post
    That's what a guildy of mine said, although I'm not sure if they've parsed it out or just saw it on forums somewhere.

They were pretty close before, I'd imagine if this update didn't put the 61 harb ahead outright on the dummies, in any raid situation a harb ends up having the advantage because of simplicity, utility, and disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by Castan View Post
    I haven't every played 41/33/2, but my 44/32pyroharb was still beating 61/12/4 on the dummy with no consumables/outsidebuffs. It's only like 200-300 dps more, though, so that may be made up by phantom blades on disconnects. With that in mind, I don't really see a reason to carry 44/32 anymore. Going to carry 41/33/2 and 61/11/4(unless it can be shown 8/7 is still better, which I am unsure of).

Additionally, is anyone able to keep combust up all the time with 61/11/4? LS keeps getting in the way. Might have to bind fball separately.

+ Reply to Thread