Closed Thread

Thread: Pyro/Archon dps

Telaran

Default Pyro/Archon dps

Hey everyone,

I just started to play archon in raids. I was wondering what others are pulling in the 51 archon/25 pyro spec so I know where my numbers stand. I am currently doing just under 8k on the target dummies self buffed. I currently have 4100 SP and 550 crit power.

Thanks!

Shadowlander

About the same, I think I have more stuff and i'm around 8k5 in Archonte/pyro. Try the archonteBinger spec if you are meant to play archonte for your raid. Is is a significant dps increase on several fights (about 10kdps)

Telaran

Ya I have that spec as well. But as you know, most SL fights are not melee friendly

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaa View Post
    Ya I have that spec as well. But as you know, most SL fights are not melee friendly
    I'd disagree with that but in a way you're also right. I noticed a significant decrease in buff/debuff uptime while running melee archon so while it may be a personal dps increase I have my doubts as to whether or not it is a raid dps increase.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Buff upkeep should always be prio, make sure that all buffs are up and then start using your dps rotation, it can happen that a buff will fall off, just manually recast it then.

8k selfbuffed seems right though, in raids you could get 10kish maybe
    #3 things that are messed up in Rift:
    1# Macro's (Remove them, they simplify the game so every noob can be competetive)
    2# Addons (People that rely on them shouldn't raid)
    3# Harbingers (If I wanted to go melee, I wouldn't have rolled a mage. It also is OP so nerf it)

I am running 54 Archon/17 Pyro/5 Harbinger spec as my ranged version. Self-buffed w/o bursts and debuffs I do 9k on boss dummy. In raids the value is a bit lower as I spend much time debuffing/purging/cleansing. I have Fire Storm in the spec so I have a very decent AOE DPS.

54 over 51 in archon is a DPS gain as Granite Salvo hits harder than Pillaging Stone + BP proc and the buff does not overwrite Bard's. Especially with 4 piece synergy crystal.

But they say GS is nerfed on PTS so dunno.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

Telaran

My current archon build is 54archon/22pyro, using the pyromancer's armor. Currently on live I do about 9.5-10k on the dummies depending on the cb procs and whether they crit or not.

Macro includes flamebolt and countdown using GS as spam ability.

Not sure how it does on the PTS since you can't test it in the dummy foundry, and I've been to lazy to move out of there to check.

(this is done with 4set expert gear, should go higher with teh raidset + crystal)

Soulwalker

Default macros

Macro includes flamebolt and countdown using GS as spam ability
    Are you guys using a seperate buff macro and a seperate dps macro? If so could you paste your macros for reference?

Is anyone using fireball too?
    Last edited by Takver; 01-30-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Telaran

#show Surging Flare
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Surging Flare
    cast flame bolt
    cast volcanic bomb
    cast spark shower
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast countdown
    cast granite salvo
    cast Crumbling Resistance

Now with 4set raid set doing about 10.5k on the dummy.

Going 51/25 instead is about the smae dps, but will be lower with the new patch thatlowers combust. Especially if you have the 4set raidcrystal.

Just make sure to have your pillaging stacks prefight and pyromancer's armor on. Always use CB with IC

I am running 61 Archon 10 Dom 5 Harb, and am pulling around 6k DPS. I have no idea what I am doing other than spamming my macro. Ohh well.

Closed Thread