+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Suggestion Thread

Default Mage Suggestion Thread

Making this thread so we can put our thoughts about what needs improvement. Add your suggestions.

Warlock:
    • Deathly Pall and Salvage Corruption to not have CD. And Salvage Corruption to be oGCD. Deathly Pall should apply a debuff to not abuse this.
    • Defile needs to be changed. It serves no purpose to be a charge consumer when it isn't even our most damaging DoT. Or needs to be scaled down on the charge consumption.
    • Change Void Barrage to a 3sec DoT that refreshes DoTs at end.
    • Neddra's Abilities all oGCD would be nice

Necromancer:
    • Pet scaling better in raid?
    • Plague Bolt with 5x Deathly calling doesn't hit as hard as Crystalline Missiles. And since epidemic allows CM to be instant cast, Plague Bolt should give Velocity buff to pet.
    • Possesion should be a DPS increase!!
    • Parasite damage should be increased.

Pyromancer:
    • Prime changed to 10sec cooldown.
    • Make the spec not so reliant on Combust, or change it to combust generates a lot faster since there is 3 Combust Consumers.
    • Fix countdown lag.

Elementalist:
    • Pet scaling better in raid?
    • Cycle buffs should be tripled to make the spec a bit more challenging than a macro spam.
    • Volcanic Eruption and Prismatic Volley need to be a dps increase.
    • Would be really cool and I think a lot of people would agree, to have a Empty the Crypts like talent. Let's call it "Call of the Elements - summons all of the mage pets for 20sec. 3 min cooldown. Make sure that Earth pet tank abilities are disabled.
    • Ignite changed to 16sec.

Chloromancer:
    • We had a really cool ability over beta that was called Restorative Shield I believe. Was like Orbs of the Tide from Warden, 10 stacks. Would love to see it again.
    • The bugged veils need to be IDK not bugged? Not fair that cleric healers are useless :/. Though, Don't revert them to their original state. They needed a 20% buff in the first place to be on par with clerics.

Stormcaller:
    • Please Buff?
    Last edited by tteen6789; 01-07-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

Mage
    • Charge no longer decays

Warlock
    • Death's Door - Remove enemy hp at 50% requirement. Damage now reduced by 50%, but damage increased by 50% when enemy HP below 50%
    • Conflux - Now resets all your dot timers to 1s instead of wiping them, same effect.
    • Void Barrage - applies dot reset at first tick
    • Neddra's Torture - Countdown overlap prevention fix applied to it as well.
    • Salvage Corruption - Cooldown removed. 1s GCD
    • Deathly Pall - Cooldown reduced to 5s. 1s GCD.
    • Empowered Darkness - Now costs 50 charge

Chloromancer
    • Boon of Life - Make this apply to all cast time spells. Thus 3 stacks for instant Natural Healing and Nature's Fury, 4 stacks instant Vile Spores and Healing Torrent, 5 stacks instant Nature's Touch

Harbinger
    • Vengeful shock - removed parry/dodge/miss requirement. now with a cast time of 2s. For every critical hit made you gain a stack of Vengeful shock which reduces the cast time by 0.4s. Up to a maximum of 5 stacks which last 10s. Still ogcd.
    • Eldritch Armor - now 100% chance with 3.5s ICD

Archon
    • Patron's Rage - Compressed to 3s

Prophet of Telara

Whilst i could write a lot there is only one thing i want to see changed/reverted and thats the countdown change. It makes me sad, maybe just have heatwave reset all CDs except countdown? This would achieve the original goal without bringing macro/ability lag.
    If you plan to kick that tiger in the rear end. You better have a plan for the teeth on the other side!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Whilst i could write a lot there is only one thing i want to see changed/reverted and thats the countdown change. It makes me sad, maybe just have heatwave reset all CDs except countdown? This would achieve the original goal without bringing macro/ability lag.
    I *really* don't care if once every heatwave bad players prematurely refresh their countdown.
    It was absolutely fine in its original form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Mage
    ^This would be a huge quality of life improvement. It would also help level the playing field between FP and CtA.

What are people's thoughts on chloro heals being based off of cast time now, instead of damage?

I love warlock and dots being refreshed at the end of void barrage can destroy your dps. Either make this a massive damage 3s dot or have it refresh at the beginning of the channel (it is the 61 pt talent it should be pretty good). Also, combine conflux and persist.

Full necro is just... Really disappointing to me. Would love to see a heavy necro build so something approaching viable dps. I literally do 100% more dps with the other ranged specs than necro.

Reduce dependence of pyro on combust.

Chloro is great, archon is great.
    Gromphe@Deepwood

Dominator: Give dominator an inverted shield. You cast it on an enemy. It absorbs any damage the enemy puts out, until the shield is depleted or times out.

Stormcaller: Give storm caller an aoe spell that applies electrified stacks over time to mobs within a certain area, similar to the storm aoe, but it is not channeled and does no damage.

I would be careful about boosting SC damage as that might make certain builds overpowered. Perhaps increasing the damage of some of the lower level spells would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by tteen6789 View Post
    Pyromancer:
    • Make the spec not so reliant on Combust, or change it to combust generates a lot faster since there is 3 Combust Consumers.
    I dont see this change to be viable. Any pyro spec has to be reliant on combust, changing that means pyro is pretty much just stand there and spam fireballs.
    • Fix countdown lag.
    This i totally agree. This change was uncalled for and hope it gets reverted!
    Archon
    • Patron's Rage - Compressed to 3s
    Archon definitely needs more changes than that. Needs to be viable on the move. Patron's Rage can stay as 6 sec Channel if we can move as we channel it. A CD that allows archon to instant cast some of the spells wont be bad when movement is needed.
    Retired

Telaran

Chloro -

Blight - Useless skill now that wardens aren't rampant throughout wfs and very little use in pve.

Also we need 2 mana regen skills because? Even with doms running throughout wfs its near impossible to run out of mana. Pve I've never used a pot as chloro.

Personally I'd like one or the other replaced with an escape or cc to use in pvp, but any more useful skill would be nice.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Mage
    Agree, this would give charge parity with warrior / rogue combo points.

Also I would like to have off gcd Synthesis again, a whole GCD can feel like ages while tanks are getting wrecked.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Couple updates for you on some changes that are in the works:
    • Salvage Corruption is being removed from the GCD.
    • The cooldown of Salvage Corruption, Deathly Pall and Persist are being reduced to 20 seconds.
    • Countdown is being reverted so it no longer greys out if you already have Countdown on the enemy.
    • Countdown will be able to stack up to 2 times. These won't be separate stacks though.
    • Charge will no longer decay outside of combat.

The Warlock updates should be out with the next Hotfix I believe. The changes to Countdown and charge will be delayed until the Hotfix after that one though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

• The cooldown of Salvage Corruption, Deathly Pall and Persist are being reduced to 20 seconds.
    • Countdown is being reverted so it no longer greys out if you already have Countdown on the enemy.
    • Countdown will be able to stack up to 2 times. These won't be separate stacks though.

The Warlock updates should be out with the next Hotfix I believe. The changes to Countdown and charge will be delayed until the Hotfix after that one though.
    I... love... you?(!!!)

Hey all,

Awesome

/10lol

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Master

[*]The cooldown of Persist is being reduced to 20 seconds.
    How does this make any difference? Why not instead make both Persist and Void Barrage 15s CDs, that way we can use both to refresh our DoTs. Void Barrage offers higher DPS, but we can use Persist where we are moving or haven't left enough time for the Void Barrage channel to fully cast.

The benefit here is that the spec will do slightly more DPS, be slightly more useful and slightly easier to play. You still have to time things properly, but now it's not as punishing and a bit more movement friendly.

It's a minor change that would make 61 Lock a lot more attractive without making it hugely OP.

What do you think Kervik?
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast