Closed Thread

Thread: Mage leveling build?? *New to Rift*

Soulwalker

Default Mage leveling build?? *New to Rift*

So i literally just got rift about 30 mins ago. I've seen some Mage gameplay and thought it looked pretty awesome. I've looked though countless guides but i have no idea how to read "rift lingo" haha. But as the title says, im just looking for a good leveling build!

P.S: Sorry if this isn't the right forum this kind of thing!

Try Necromancer or Elementalist, focus on one or the other then put leftover points in the other soul, use 0pt Chloro. For necromancer the Skeletal Knight tanks for you, in elementalist the Earth Elemental, and you have very effective pet heals in both specs.

Soulwalker

So i see theres things called "Callings" i guess. It has Sage, Gravelord, Corruptor, and Summoner. Theres more, but which one of those would it be? I see Necromancer in a few of them and Elementalist in a few aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flysociety09 View Post
    So i see theres things called "Callings" i guess. It has Sage, Gravelord, Corruptor, and Summoner. Theres more, but which one of those would it be? I see Necromancer in a few of them and Elementalist in a few aswell.
    Those are Purposes, the Callings are warrior/rogue/mage/cleric and that's pretty much your only "permanent" choice. Purposes are premade builds that guide you into what points to take, they are pretty good for getting used to a build. I'm not sure what the current mage purposes are but one with most of its points in one of the pet souls should be good. You can ignore the purpose and put points how you want later on if you wish.

Just remember if you do any group content, do not use the tank pet.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Closed Thread