+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fix vengeful shock (harb)

Shadowlander

Default Fix vengeful shock (harb)

This is still broke for over a week now. It never procs. It's sad this is among many soul bugs, yet the patch is fixing none of these

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Probably just needs to be changed altogether.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    This, the ability as designed will never proc if you have sufficient Hit for the content you're doing

Shadowlander

well its still broke no matter what. As indicated should proc with dodges, blocks, etc which its not.

Rift Disciple

What it should be is <50% ability similar to Death's Door or Inferno. We don't really need another dot or common cooldown based slash attack... we need something unique that is different than anything else Harbinger has currently.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    This is what I am thinking, pve wise. We put out solid dps as it is (not OP and not omg I can't kill stuff dps.) I haven't PvP'd yet and don't see it in the near future, but hear it procs in pvp mostly.

I've had it macro'd since launch and never seen it proc, I assume that is because it was either:

1. Just broken to start with in PvE and Trion said "Well, Harb is doing just fine without it atm, let's move on." or

2. Trion found out early that it was just OP and said "Hey it is OP, just give it to Elrar for the afternoon. He'll break it easily enough (like those last 12 keyboards he faceslams in the livestreams.)"

My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    This is what I am thinking, pve wise. We put out solid dps as it is (not OP and not omg I can't kill stuff dps.) I haven't PvP'd yet and don't see it in the near future, but hear it procs in pvp mostly.

I've had it macro'd since launch and never seen it proc, I assume that is because it was either:

1. Just broken to start with in PvE and Trion said "Well, Harb is doing just fine without it atm, let's move on." or

2. Trion found out early that it was just OP and said "Hey it is OP, just give it to Elrar for the afternoon. He'll break it easily enough (like those last 12 keyboards he faceslams in the livestreams.)"

It worked fine for me until last weeks hotfixes. I woulda assumed they found the bug they put in last week and fix it this week.

But like the other comments in the thread, its an unnecessary ability. basically just replaces a default slash when procs. I would rather see a passive proc that buffs the next slash attack or a kill execute when mob hp low.

Plane Touched

Pls read the forums before u post.. there is already one thread at the first page about the excact same problem and also a post by Kervik called Mage Bugs - 2.0.

Its been reported there and he already answered that he is looking into it.

His reply was (page 4, post #46 in above link)

Iím looking into this. Iíve seen it proc in game, but I agree it doesnít seem to be proccing every time it should. I havenít had any luck in figuring out whatís going on yet though. Iíll update you all when I know more.
    Btw i ve seen it proc quite often (using pvp gear) but i ve never checked to see if it procs every time it should.
    If u had expert gear or above when u were 50 u might even never see it proccing since u might have more than enought hit to guarantee 100% hit chance on all abilities

Rift Disciple

It isn't broken you just have sufficient hit to not get dodged or resisted.
    Last edited by Kommon; 12-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.

I'm not really interested in an ability that only has value to the undergeared, to put it bluntly. This ability would be better served with a different functionality alltogether.
    I'm raging with ire, an ocean of fire.
    My Wrath is the path to all I desire.

I was proc'ing all the time from 39-48. Then I went into SL. Still proc'd until 50 when I was able to get a full set of SL gear with a bunch of hit on it. Haven't seen a proc since.

I assumed it was the Hit stat making it so I wasn't missing at all anymore. I even mentioned it on my blog:

Something I think is interesting is that once I got into SL gear, Iíve stopped seeing the ďVengeful ShockĒ ability procíing. SL gear includes quite a bit of the Hit stat and Vengeful Shock requires a miss from me to proc it, and apparently with all the Hit on my gear Iím not missing anymore, not even vs orange-con mobs. Weíll see if that holds true as I get higher in level.

Shadowlander

It is broke, as mentioned I can see the dodge and resist messages, and no proc.

have seen it proc maybe a total of 2 times since SL came out...

Champion of Telara

Its always worked perfectly fine for me....

BUT... the opportunity for it to proc is so ridiculously rare its not even on my bar any more. Ideally it would proc when my toon dodges/parries or resists and not my target.

I don't know how you guys have time to see if something procs or not, all I know is that this is the best spec I have ever used for a mage great at soloing and totally awesome when it comes to invasions.

Even my warrior cannot compete with a harbinger when comes to jumping into a load of invasion mobs.

Cast Fury of the ascended and I seem invinceable what with all the self heals I must be dodging loads but no time to check.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast