Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Top dps spec?

Ascendant

Default Top dps spec?

I've just been using Ele but is there better?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Those are the top ranged specs but not the top dps specs for Mage
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Those are the top ranged specs but not the top dps specs for Mage
    Pretty much what Valeryy said here.
    The top DPS mage spec is 61 harbingr/11pyro/3 ele or 37/37/2 harb/storm/pyro

I suspect that will get nerfd in the future again though and we'll be using 51/61 harb specs.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post

I suspect that will get nerfd in the future again though and we'll be using 51/61 harb specs.
    61/11/3??

I was under the impression 8 pyro 7 ele parsed higher?

It's interesting how the Harbinger, a soul obviously define-able as a survivalibility soul, is some how top DPS... I'm not say what you guys are saying is not true, but it just seems silly to me.

Several hundred tests of every possible sub-soul combination showed 11Pyro 4Ele to come out on top for me, followed by 8/7, and then followed by 8pyro/7lock with Lifeleech upkeep.

61Harbinger, the last few times I have tested, was about 2000 DPS lower than the top specs. I'll double check it now though.

As for 37/37/2, it's not the top spec and hasn't been for a while. With good RNG it parses about the same as Defilemancer for me (9500 no consumables), with bad RNG it can be even under 9000 (it's very very dependent on good RNG). It's melee, and bad at target switching.

Warlock is doing top DPS for me. It basically comes down to a perfect rotation, sadly it can't be tested properly because your top skill becomes active when mobs are below 50%.

The spec I'm using = 61 warlock / 7 Ele (crit) / 8 Necro
    I pref the ele crit over the 10% death damage in necro, and over the stacking crit buff gained from pyro. It is also nice to use Lightning strike on opportunity.
    #3 things that are messed up in Rift:
    1# Macro's (Remove them, they simplify the game so every noob can be competetive)
    2# Addons (People that rely on them shouldn't raid)
    3# Harbingers (If I wanted to go melee, I wouldn't have rolled a mage. It also is OP so nerf it)

Quote Originally Posted by Malia View Post
    Warlock is doing top DPS for me. It basically comes down to a perfect rotation, sadly it can't be tested properly because your top skill becomes active when mobs are below 50%.

The spec I'm using = 61 warlock / 7 Ele (crit) / 8 Necro
    I pref the ele crit over the 10% death damage in necro, and over the stacking crit buff gained from pyro. It is also nice to use Lightning strike on opportunity.
    How much higher does it do than Defilemaner? How much higher does it do than Pyrobinger?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    How much higher does it do than Defilemaner? How much higher does it do than Pyrobinger?
    Personally I get like 500 dps more then defilemancer, the 40-36 build. This is however on 1v1 situations in dungeons as it can't really be dummy tested and we havent started raiding yet. Testing dps in dungeons is a tad tricky due to different buffs / debuffs that will/will not get applied.

I haven't played pyrobringer myself so i can't judge on this.

Other pro's of warlock are the increased survival from having all 61 points, the slightly easier rotation (meaning ur less likely to screw up), easier target swapping from not having to worry about combust.
    Much higher aoe damage due to the spreading of up to 4 dots.

However I've always parsed higher then other mages as full warlock :P. This is probably because I've always played this build when it was sort of viable and it all comes down to a perfect timing of dot refreshment and the perfect rotation between your 3 damage buffs.
    #3 things that are messed up in Rift:
    1# Macro's (Remove them, they simplify the game so every noob can be competetive)
    2# Addons (People that rely on them shouldn't raid)
    3# Harbingers (If I wanted to go melee, I wouldn't have rolled a mage. It also is OP so nerf it)

last time i've parsed pretty good with full warlock, very glad the 61lock is powerful in pve tho the rotation is quite tricky since u have alot of skills on the bar
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/dpsyj.png/
    my parse on eventboss with 61lock without lot of practice, no good contaminate/empowered darkness timing at the moment but still went very well!
    too bad dot's aren't very powerful in pvp :<

Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    It's interesting how the Harbinger, a soul obviously define-able as a survivalibility soul, is some how top DPS... I'm not say what you guys are saying is not true, but it just seems silly to me.
    You could just as easily define Warlock as a survivability soul (Shadow Life, Neddra's, Warlock Armour, Life Leech, Mortality, Draining Bolt, Fear, etc.) and it was our top DPS for over a year. The only silliness here is the pervasiveness of this fallacy you're propagating.

Truunks@Hailol

until you get decent crit, 11/4 out parses the lock variant.

I like the 11/4 because it is better for short term target switching

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    You could just as easily define Warlock as a survivability soul (Shadow Life, Neddra's, Warlock Armour, Life Leech, Mortality, Draining Bolt, Fear, etc.) and it was our top DPS for over a year. The only silliness here is the pervasiveness of this fallacy you're propagating.
    Most Mages have Armor spells, Neddra's isn't survivalibility, Life Leech is more about damage then Healing.
    Don't compare the Harbinger to Warlock when it comes to survival. Do you see the amount of dodge, parry, and healing related abilities the Harbinger have? Are you an idiot?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast