Closed Thread

Thread: Solo build?

Default Solo build?

When my Rogue hits 60 I will eventually start leveling my Mage from 50 to 60. I am looking for a good solo build. I have not seen any comprehensive guide about soloing from 50 to 60. Is Harbinger to go-to soul now, teamed with a smidge in Chloro or something?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    When my Rogue hits 60 I will eventually start leveling my Mage from 50 to 60. I am looking for a good solo build. I have not seen any comprehensive guide about soloing from 50 to 60. Is Harbinger to go-to soul now, teamed with a smidge in Chloro or something?

Any help would be appreciated.
    There's definitely a lack of information out there. 51 harbinger 8 chloro 7 storm caller is fine, putting points into harbinger until 55. At 55 I had to respect to 51 harbinger 0 storm caller and the rest into chloro. Having the extra healing and bloom were necessary because mobs hit such much harder once you get to 55. Once I got to resurgence in chloro, I put the rest into sc until 60.

Vhi

Default Solo Build

I had pretty good results going 16 points into Chloro for Nature's Touch and Ruin and 4 points in to Dom for Charged Shield, and then dumping the rest of the points into Harbringer.

My mage is only 41, but I'm finding excellent success in my soloing with 8 Chloro, 7 Dom and the rest in Harb. The only time currently that I get into trouble is if I get swarmed by 3 invasions or an entire 12 mob spawn from a rift. Elite mobs aren't a problem even -- it's very nice. I'd imagine that post 50 it will be largely the same, though if at 55 there's a large difficulty step then I'll re-evaluate then.

I found this thread I had saved a while ago:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-new-game.html

I was also looking at 51 Har / 8 Chloro / 7 SC. I appreciate the tip at 55 to move more into Chloro.

We'll see what December brings!
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Soulwalker

I really like necro. But that's just me.

I posted a guide on Harbinger/Chloro, hope it helps. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...er-chloro.html
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Plane Walker

I prefer pyro/chloro for 'tactical questing' - get in, right click my macguffin, and get out, only killing what I need to. Started at 50 with this and working to this.
    Mantissa@Greybriar <-Vendetta-> 6/6 raid tiers clear twitch.tv

Champion of Telara

I switch between 3 different harb builds depending what im doing and who im with.

I have a standard build with 8 chloro 7 SC, full dps with 8 pyro 7 ele which are both pretty standard.

The 3rd build im using has 28 chloro with the rest in harbinger. Its amazing for solo mob grinding and i can use it in a duo with a full dps warrior with neither of us dropping below 90% health. Natures fury hits far harder than forked lightning, Natures touch hits like a truck and my shield greaters proc like crazy. Its by far my preferred build for general mob killing and the extra 12 in chloro isnt that much of a dps loss.
    Last edited by Pett; 11-20-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Champion of Telara

My problem with Harbinger so far is not having enough AOE. 1V1 am doing great. Throw another mob into the mix and I struggle.

With that said, it is nice to stand toe to toe with a mob 2 levels above me as a mage. That one shield that you have to use 50 charge is a life-saver to be certain.

Now this is just using the premade Harbinger until I get more comforatable with the spells. Just wanted to know what you think is the best aoe low-hanging fruit from the other roles.
    Beware the Guffin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    My problem with Harbinger so far is not having enough AOE. 1V1 am doing great. Throw another mob into the mix and I struggle.

With that said, it is nice to stand toe to toe with a mob 2 levels above me as a mage. That one shield that you have to use 50 charge is a life-saver to be certain.

Now this is just using the premade Harbinger until I get more comforatable with the spells. Just wanted to know what you think is the best aoe low-hanging fruit from the other roles.
    Most mobs are spread out enough that ST specs excell in SL leveling. While a 2nd or 3rd is sometimes unavoidable, CC is often more effective then specing for AoE.

Sword of Telara

the preset field medic build is pretty damm good, you can aoe pull quite happily with it, and it puts out decent dmg and has bucketloads of survivability.

You may want to swap out dom for a few points in SC for forked lightning if you want more aoe, but I've not really found that necessary so far, ST dmg is fine and AoE is not so vital as in previous content.
    Last edited by zetans; 11-20-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post

Yeah you need other souls in there for more aoe.

Either deep enough chloro for natures fury or storm caller for forked lightning. However, if you get a single extra mob when the one you are on is half dead, Blademark is a godsend. Stick it on the half dead one and switch over to the full health one. Sure you lose some attack power for it but its far better than trying to aoe 2 mobs.

I've honestly never used the charge consumer shield - with reapers blade, bloom and the harb heal along with shield greaters i do fine without.

Closed Thread