Closed Thread

Thread: SL Solo Leveling Specs?

Telaran

Default SL Solo Leveling Specs?

I see a lot of talk about a Harbinger/Chloro leveling spec. Any other leveling specs that were tested true during beta? Are all of the current 1.11 raid specs viable for the most part for leveling solo; 51 ele or 51 pyro? I didn't spend much time in beta leveling, hence the question...
    Scribble: 60 Mage
    Tublim: 50 Rogue
    Rachtor: 50 Cleric
    Camilo: 50 Warrior
    4/4 TotDQ | 3/4 FT | 2/5 EE <Pax Illuminatus> Faeblight

Telaran

For survival you need either HB, Chloro or Ele (pet) for more then 1 mob at a time.

For AoE dmg, SC or Dom - I lean towards SC personally.

so either...

51 Ele
    32+ HB with SC / Dom (maybe a splash of Chloro)
    20+ Chloro with SC / Dom (maybe a splash of HB)

Of course if you pick and choose your targets and pick things off one at a time then any dmg spec can do, as the mob will melt before it hits you.

D.

You can easily start off with the incredibly simple and fun to play 51 harb / 12 chloro / 3 sc build. It was seriously OP back in beta, very quick kills, extremely good survivability (able to easily solo 70k HP mobs), little to no downtime, and it even makes for a decent support healer build if the group you're in isn't using a chloro healer (veils don't heal each other).

Although I'll be testing out more builds once SL hits, I have been having fun running around with
    a 51 Necro 8 Chloro 7 SC.

One reason I went Necro over Elemental for the use of a pet build, is that it has more AoE in the tree: Graverot for on the move, and Corpse Explosion with 2/2 in Corpse pile, which is just gravy for bringing down large groups of non-elites. Another reason is Feign Death..... I do tend to get ambitious in what I pull, and it has saved my butt numerous times when I bite off more than I can chew. It also has some more self healing to add with the LGV passive if you are using Essence Link.

For regular mobs I tend to just use the AoE caster pet, and keep myself up just with triple DoTing Withering Vines, and topping off with Bloom when the ashes clear.

For elites and other hard targets, the tank skeleton gets to earn its keep.

YMMV
    Last edited by LemmingOfEvil; 11-09-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    You can easily start off with the incredibly simple and fun to play 51 harb / 12 chloro / 3 sc build. It was seriously OP back in beta, very quick kills, extremely good survivability (able to easily solo 70k HP mobs), little to no downtime, and it even makes for a decent support healer build if the group you're in isn't using a chloro healer (veils don't heal each other).
    Just curious what you thought of the Harbinger for soloing after the LGV nerf.
    Loved it before the nerf and honestly, I thought it was on par with what I saw other classes soloing.
    After the nerf though I went back to Elementalist for soloing.

As far as AOE, I don't expect to see a whole lot of that soloing.
    Mobs seemed spaced much farther apart and harder to group up.
    I imagine with entire servers flooding the zones, mobs will die as fast as they spawn.

Ascendant

been playing around with a 12 stormcaller 48 necro 16 chloro, or something like that still tweaking it and changing number of points in souls and point allocation around. goin to try taking more points out of necro and putting them into stormcaller for more aoe and see how that goes

The tank pets are much better at holding aggro on multiple mobs now but can get squishy with more then 2 -3 mobs. synth the pet radiant spores withering vines AOE down half a dozen mobs

I don't think it will be as efficient as some other solo builds but it suits my playstyle and I am having lots of fun with it

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by LemmingOfEvil View Post
    Although I'll be testing out more builds once SL hits, I have been having fun running around with
    a 51 Necro 8 Chloro 7 SC.

One reason I went Necro over Elemental for the use of a pet build, is that it has more AoE in the tree: Graverot for on the move, and Corpse Explosion with 2/2 in Corpse pile, which is just gravy for bringing down large groups of non-elites. Another reason is Feign Death..... I do tend to get ambitious in what I pull, and it has saved my butt numerous times when I bite off more than I can chew. It also has some more self healing to add with the LGV passive if you are using Essence Link.

For regular mobs I tend to just use the AoE caster pet, and keep myself up just with triple DoTing Withering Vines, and topping off with Bloom when the ashes clear.

For elites and other hard targets, the tank skeleton gets to earn its keep.

YMMV
    I'm wondering if they'll be enough npc's around to warrant such a build. The population density in most of SL was 'sparse' to begin with, and with what I think will be 'tons' of people running all over the place, ae builds might be a waste of time. I'll probably do harb/chloro/sc..and use eldritch procs for forked lighting to tag mobs for quest updates..if there's a point where ae is actually beneficial, perhaps 51 elemental and elemental fire pet, and a beer or your build and the mage..and a beer. Whichever allows for beer.
    Last edited by Jebasiz; 11-09-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Ascendant

How did they nerf LGV?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    How did they nerf LGV?
    On Beta it only heals for 50% of what it does on Live.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightreaver View Post
    On Beta it only heals for 50% of what it does on Live.

Which beta was this nerfed during? Tried 51/13 harb chloro out on 2nd day of beta 3 (i.e. last one) and it was still awesome. Nothing better, although im teaming up with a cleric so i may just go full dom or full sc for nukeage.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Closed Thread