+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell calculation help.

Soulwalker

Default Spell calculation help.

Hey guys. So with the new souls coming out I may have sunk into the deep dark land of spreadsheet making and attempted to build a spec based entirely around fulminate and how to get it to hit for the most damage possible. My main issue so far is that I have no clue how buffs apply to basic spell damage stats.

For example fulminate does 25% extra damage if you hit a target with 5 stacks of combust. Does the crit modifier apply before or after this boost?
    Does the bonus damage from glyphs of power apply to base damage or base + spell power ?

Also while you’re reading this has anyone had a chance to check if we can use internalise charge and fulminate now? As fulminate no longer costs 100% of your charge if you take the skill to increase charge capacity to 110 I think you may be able to apply a 19% bonus to fulminate which just sounds fun.

Thanks in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Eokin View Post
    For example fulminate does 25% extra damage if you hit a target with 5 stacks of combust. Does the crit modifier apply before or after this boost?
    It should not matter, it is multiplicative. I.E. 10000 * 1.25 * 1.50 or 10000 * 1.50 * 1.25 is the same
    Does the bonus damage from glyphs of power apply to base damage or base + spell power ?
    This bonus is also multiplicative with talent damage bonuses, and I believe it is also multiplicative with the combust bonus but I'm not sure on that one.

Also while you’re reading this has anyone had a chance to check if we can use internalise charge and fulminate now? As fulminate no longer costs 100% of your charge if you take the skill to increase charge capacity to 110 I think you may be able to apply a 19% bonus to fulminate which just sounds fun.
    Someone said it disables Fulminate but I have not tested it. IC immediately uses 10 charge so it would be a feat of latency to get Fulminate off before you go below 100 anyway.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-23-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Would you mind giving an example of how to calculate a fulminate crit with 25 % damage from combust stacks and 15% from glyphs of power ? Sorry to be a pain.
    Last edited by Eokin; 10-23-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Ascendant

Fulminate tooltip 5k

5k * (1+.15+.20+.05) buffs * (1+.25) combust * (1+.5) crit * (1+.1+.07+.05) debuffs = ~16k

which is 5k less than i have seen myself hit for...so somethings wrong in Fulminate math.

When i was messing around it seemed like the 5% per combust stack was the big deciding factor, like nearly doubling the damage for no mathematically possible reason unless its giving 5%*stacks per stack, or 125%

[edit] buffs meaning GoP, 10 sigils, flame armor, debuffs meaning wild growth, any of the 7% debuffs, and the inquis debuff

i think i left off reaver or something along those lines from a raid, but you get the general idea
    Last edited by Caldern; 10-24-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Ascendant

yeah, just did fulminate on a dummy, noncrit for 4200, noncrit with 5 combust 9.3k

4200 x 2.25 is almost exactly 9300

so yeah the stacking combust damage is calculated incorrectly(or the tooltip reads incorrectly)

with one stack, 5.1k, so basically every stack is 25%, not 5%
    Last edited by Caldern; 10-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you :D

Ahh so my original math wasn't as off as i thought, right thank you both very much . This is fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread