+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Don't worry about Harbinger

Shadowlander

Default Don't worry about Harbinger

They got it right! Rejoice, for it is bloody beautiful. *sheds tears of joy* <3

Ascendant

Meh I find it to be a rather boring soul even if it is extremely effective soloing

meh its not too awesome.. just like any other melee spec ..... the really complex rotations of "111234,,,111234,,,111234"

I dont play a mage to be in melee
    ... i hope its not top dps at 60.. if i wanted a top melee dps soul i would have rolled a warrior..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Godsclown View Post
    meh its not too awesome.. just like any other melee spec ..... the really complex rotations of "111234,,,111234,,,111234"

... i hope its not top dps at 60.. if i wanted a top melee dps soul i would have rolled a warrior..
    As long as there are competitive non melee dps specs for mage this shouldn't matter. Melee positioning liabilities requires some ranged dps in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunju View Post
    They got it right! Rejoice, for it is bloody beautiful. *sheds tears of joy* <3
    Agree 100% Love the soul personally /shrug
    " Originally Posted by Tally"
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wives, better hide yo husbands too, THEY FLAMIN ERRBODY UP IN HERE

/crosses fingers

Please PLEASE ! With a mother-flippen cherry be at least 2-3rd DPS (Single target) spec for mages!

As a soloing soul it ... feels like I found the "God mode' button on my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsclown View Post

I hear mage is the new warrior frumpy.
    Kaybye ~

Quote Originally Posted by BehemothDog View Post
    As a soloing soul it ... feels like I found the "God mode' button on my keyboard.
    Which is good because Mages are the only class that don't have a tank soul that can be used as a solo spec now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Which is good because Mages are the only class that don't have a tank soul that can be used as a solo spec now.
    Hi Grinnz!

OT Thanks for the archon guide

gonna give us a Harb one as well?

On topic.

All of the defensive CD's it has might pan out well In PvP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybriar View Post
    I hear mage is the new warrior frumpy.

Frumpy is going to be one angry clown when he finds out that our top DPS spec at 60 is a melee priority based rotation.

Jokes on him!
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Frumpy is going to be one angry clown when he finds out that our top DPS spec at 60 is a melee priority based rotation.

Jokes on him!
    Top DPS? So now a MAGE the one class that is fully based on range is going to have its top DPS soul melee are you kidding me?
    Hail the Defiant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post

Jokes on him!
    That's ok because our top DPS spec is not even a DPS soul!
    Kaybye ~

I'm going to bookmark this thread so that in, say, two or three months when this forum is littered with "ANYTHING BUT PYRO" threads I can come back and compare names.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
    Top DPS? So now a MAGE the one class that is fully based on range
    I'm gonna stop you there, because that's clearly no longer the case. Good effort, but the Warriors tried this when they were trying to marginalise Rogue and Cleric tanks. It didn't work because that line of thinking is antithesis to the Rift multi-soul system.

I thought in a live stream they said that the callings have a sort of focus, and outside that focus they're a little less effective? Like warriors are melee focused so Tempest won't be quite as high as their other DPS souls, and Mages are ranged focus so Harbinger won't quite be as high as their other DPS souls. The difference is only a few percent though, so folks shouldn't feel like they're forced to use a soul if they don't want to. Am I remembering wrong?

Anyway I probably won't use harby to raid with since I'm addicted to Pyro and prefer to actually see the boss I'm trying to kill, but for leveling, IAs, chronicles and zone events I'll definately do it up. Maybe PvP too, since I somehow manage to be the object of everyone's attention so I may as well be in a melee spec.

Harbo is a soloing mage's dream come true. Finally a spec that no longer requires crazy tricks (stormcaller/chloro hybrids I'm looking at you), does decent dps, actually survives without having to proc Radiant Spores to provide enough self-heals to live, and is fun to play.

That being said, I probably won't ever raid with Harbo. Too many other options that work better.

Verdict: leave it alone. It works for soloing and that's what matters. It's a fun alternative to the standard mage stuff and while not necessarily the best dps or heals build out there it works decently at either. 51/12/3 Harbo/Chloro/SC works wonderfully for soloing or even providing some boost heals in a dungeon if you're running with a terribad cleric healer (would have to be terribad because cleric healing is so easy now).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast