+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why some spells with special synthesis bonuses?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Why some spells with special synthesis bonuses?

I went and did some testing. Without natural fusion, heals from Vile Spores on a pet at level 50 (but only 12 points in chloro) are about 270 points from LGV, 27 from LBV, and about 130 with LBV+Synth.

With 51 points in chloro, carefully avoiding a lot of the heal-boosting stuff so I have comparable numbers, but taking 3/3 natural fusion, I get about 395 from LGV, and about 180 from LBV+Synth.

So, basically. Even if you are tank-healing, unless you use the special spells that say they give extra big heals from synthesis, you are better off with lifegiving veil.

Why?

Why isn't Synthesis just better on tanks in the first place? What if, instead of Nature's Touch, Ruin, and Void Life triggering extra-big bonus heals, Synthesis just gave a big enough bonus to LBV in general that it was reasonable to use LBV for tank healing? Say, what if the numbers were 395ish from LGV, and 600-700 from LBV+Synth, or whatever they need to be?

I am assuming that the reason for this is that the devs want the rotation to be fundamentally different when tank healing -- you use different spells, which you might not otherwise use, because they are only rewarding if you're using synthesis, and you aren't using the spells that would be your core spells if you were using LGV. Is that it?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Yes, you are right, vile spores is not affected by LBV + synth bonus. However, when did you ever use vile spores while tank healing with LBV in the past?? It was always important to use void life to tank heal, and vile spores was always part of your rotation to raid heal.

If anything, they boosted our tank heal spell selection when they added the + synth bonus to ruin, therefor it is an effective tank heal while moving, while withing vines is an effective raid heal while moving.

The same argument goes for void life and LGV, when did you ever just spam void life for raid heals? I guess if you were lazy or didn't know any better that is what you did, but that was never the ideal way to raid heal.

- Deew

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

It's not that I specifically used these. I just want to know: Why not just give synthesis high enough numbers that spells don't have to have a special synthesis bonus? If synthesis healed the target for 2x what LGV does to begin with, or whatever number, we wouldn't need that.

So this isn't just a question about 1.11, but about the entire time since LBV was introduced; why is LBV+synthesis dramatically weaker at tank healing than LGV? Before, that was at least only true up through level 40 or so; past 40, the totals on the tank were better with Synth than they were with LGV. Now, so far as I can tell, you will get better heals with LGV except for this handful of special spells.

Why?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    The same argument goes for void life and LGV, when did you ever just spam void life for raid heals? I guess if you were lazy or didn't know any better that is what you did, but that was never the ideal way to raid heal.

- Deew
    Wrong. LGV Void Life with 51 Chloro had higher healing output in 51 Chloro than Vile Spores spam. Vile Spores only became spammable when you made a Pyrochloro or Pyrolock hybrid spec.

Also, 51 Chloromancer Void Life spam was always an acceptable means of AoE healing and was actually prefered over Void Spores spam specs in many fights that you might want to switch between tank and raid healing or just padding raid healing with no big burst.

Even now in 1.11, Void Life is better for AoE healing. Vile Spores only heals for more than Void Life if you get the extra DoT tick, otherwise it heals for the same, at the expense of being much more bursty/inconsistent.

Things like Vile Spores Lifebound Veil healing however, is so bad that it is not considered worth using.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread