+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Naesraen

Thread: 1.11 PvP Mage

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default 1.11 PvP Mage

    Hi folks! Is Pyro/Dom still the best choice for PvP, or you found out maybe other build that is better? Currently I'm doing PvP with stDPS 51Pyro/15Archon, but I'm missing some CC and putting DoTs on my targets (no more mobility, need to stand in place and spam fireballs most of time).

  2. #2
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Pyro was gutted. It doesn't hit very hard right now. Dominator is fantastic atm, as is Elementalist and Necromancer. Everyone is still playing around with specs, so no one is sure what is best yet.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Could you then provide any Dominator PvP build please?

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keladar View Post
    Could you then provide any Dominator PvP build please?
    I posted a reply to you here: 51 Dom 15 SC 0 Arch

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Thank you!

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Nargauzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    371

    Default

    I use 11 SC 0 Arch for the 8% damage bonus, and spam malevolent bolt for ST so I don't worry about not having an instant icicle.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    I use 11 SC 0 Arch for the 8% damage bonus, and spam malevolent bolt for ST so I don't worry about not having an instant icicle.
    You mean 11 SC 4 Arch? yeah, that's a valid choice too, and one I was considering. I went with the 15SC because I like damage procs - instant Icicle is no Cinderburst, but it does still add to your burst damage, which I value in PvP. But yeah, the 4% static damage buff from 4 Arch is also a good choice; gets you Ashen armour and Power Drain as well.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naesraen View Post
    I posted a reply to you here: 51 Dom 15 SC 0 Arch
    lol, I've only just realised now that the embedded link is wrong

    51 Dom 15 SC 0 Arch here.

    and for some value-adding, I noticed that Jawsnap was using a 51 Dom 11 SC 4 Arch, for the +4% dam, Power Drain and Ashen Armour. I do like the Icicle proc, but Power Drain and extra damage all-round is very appealing.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Nargauzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naesraen View Post
    You mean 11 SC 4 Arch? yeah, that's a valid choice too, and one I was considering. I went with the 15SC because I like damage procs - instant Icicle is no Cinderburst, but it does still add to your burst damage, which I value in PvP. But yeah, the 4% static damage buff from 4 Arch is also a good choice; gets you Ashen armour and Power Drain as well.
    Yeah oops 4 Arch (it was really late when I typed that).

    4 Arch gives you +8% damage, not +4% (from Soul Fire and from four points in Archon). You lose out on burst damage from Icicle but I prefer spamming Malevolent Bolt over Forked Lightning in most cases, and the +8% damage applies to everything.

    Slight differences. I don't think one is better than the other. It's all about if you use Forked Lightning or Malevolent Bolt.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts