+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementals' Health Is Crazy Low

Default Elementals' Health Is Crazy Low

So I just spec'd into the preset "Stormbringer" build with my mage. Before 1.11 I had been playing a Necro/Warlock build that worked great for me. My skeletal knight had a ton of health, and could tank several enemies at a time with no problem. Unfortunately with this build I have now, I have a Greater Earth Elemental and a Greater Air Elemental, with 1560 and 950 health, respectively. I'm level 42, and my own health is 3515. The tank elemental's health drops like a bag of hammers in single pulls, and two enemies at a time nearly kills him every time. All of my skills are leveled up completely, and I have verified several times that the elementals' levels are the same as mine. Are there any explanations for why their health is so low?
    [Seastone] <Elysium> Eltraiksah - 60 Mage

Ascendant

The Elemental's health is indeed low, but it scales exceptionally well with Endurance. A 3k increase in health for me was an 8k health increase for my pet, talented with all passive health-boosting moves. Without my endurance gear, my pet sits at 4.7k health. With my gear, it's 12.4k health.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Not familiar with any of the silly presets, but you may need to spec into more points for your minions health manually.
    Last edited by Ramen Sama; 10-20-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Kurona
    <Negative Ghostrider>

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    The Elemental's health is indeed low, but it scales exceptionally well with Endurance. A 3k increase in health for me was an 8k health increase for my pet, talented with all passive health-boosting moves. Without my endurance gear, my pet sits at 4.7k health. With my gear, it's 12.4k health.
    So basically I have to go for more endurance over any other attribute in my gear? This seems inconvenient when leveling.
    [Seastone] <Elysium> Eltraiksah - 60 Mage

Telaran

I commented on this the other day in this post: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...et-nerfed.html.

Caydin's observation may prove to be the reason for the changes: a new scaling of Endurance stats that explains why the devs made the health changes we're seeing at lower gear levels. At first appearance, though, it looks like all they did was nerf pet tanks to require you to spec into **both** Elemental and Necro to get close to their health and mitigation.

If true, the gear scaling point is a good reason why the initial health nerf is not nearly as painful as the nerf to Channel Elements, though. For all the buffs to dps, mage soloing with pets took a healthy nerf if you don't have raid gear. I don't like having to spend more points to get the same (or lesser) utility from my pets.

Yeah my Fire Elemental having 3600 health in full bis gear and raid buffed is pretty meh. I didn't spec the 50% additional HP though. But in it's current state putting 5 points there would be a massive DPS loss not making the spec viable to use.

In it's current state I think that talent should increase pet health by 30% (multiplicative) per point up to 5 points >.>
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    In it's current state I think that talent should increase pet health by 30% (multiplicative) per point up to 5 points >.>
    I dont think greater elemental affinity works correctly either.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RedMalice View Post
    So basically I have to go for more endurance over any other attribute in my gear? This seems inconvenient when leveling.
    it is a pain but I did notice even the early gear u can pick up in the new 50+ zones has relatively more endurance on it, other stats were quite a bit less than ID gear but the armour and endurance was more so the pets a going to get a boost, I should pull my elemental out and see what the health difference is compared to live

also for the short time I was using the elemental tank pet he had absolutley no trouble soloing mobs and never looked like dying. Then I tried out harbinger for leveling and forgot about pets harbinger / stormcaller

+ Reply to Thread