+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Warlock single target rotation

Soulwalker

Default Mage Warlock single target rotation

Can someone help me I want to try out Warlock as my main build, but need help with single target rotation can anyone help?

Rift Disciple

Warlock is a little odd for two reasons:

1. there is a bug with Persist not refreshing Warlock Synergy Crystal buff when Defile is up that Kervik isn't sure needs fixing.
    2. at least two of our abilities -- Neddra's Grasp and Neddra's Torture - don't work on the practice dummy, so accurate parsing is hard.

I use the following setup:

#show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast [shift] Life Leech
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt

Bar:
    Contaminate
    VB spam
    Defile
    Dark Touch
    Atrophy
    Necrosis
    Persist
    Conflux
    Empowered Darkness

Spam your VB macro until you have 100 charge, then hit Contaminate, Defile, and your other dots. Pray you get an opportunity proc, because if you don't you'll run out of charge and have wasted your time. Spam VB until your first dot has 2s on it, then hit Persist. Spam VB until you're back at 100 charge, then hit Empowered Darkness. Before your dots fall off, hit Conflux.

Rinse, repeat.

Noteworthy:

Neither Neddra's Torture nor Neddra's Grasp benefit from nor consume charge when Contaminate is active.

If you want, you can go 0 point Archon for Searing Vitality. oO It benefits from Contaminate.
    Last edited by Morank; 10-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

The problem:

We have potentially six dots we can put up that consume charge when Contaminate is active. That's 60 charge. Defile consumes 10 charge every two seconds. We want that to be the first dot we activate. By the time you finish casting your dots with Contaminate up and Defile running, you will be completely out of charge before you can start building it back up unless you weave in bolt bolts and such.

I suppose you can weave in Neddra's Grasp and Neddra's Torture for 18 more charge while putting your dots on.

+ Reply to Thread