+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: chloromancer positive feedback thread (suggestions to improve) *no ranting*

Telaran

Default chloromancer positive feedback thread (suggestions to improve) *no ranting*

ok though this is a positive thread, it's not saying chloro is in a good position atm, it's a thread of how we can improve it. honest suggestions that you think out, not something you just threw together

BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER: i'm not asking for all of these to be changed in this way, cause chances are if everything was adjusted to much with the current heal/dmg boosts from the soul points itself it'd make our healing way to strong. these are just a few suggestions to do to some different skills that we currently have.

remove - resurgance, healing torrent,

keep - restorative shield *maby remove idk yet*

add - VL allowing movement,

adjust - Live Bringing Veil, lingering spores, accelerated growth, covalesce, vengeful healer, blight, raised nature *back to original*, natural power.

now for explanations and thought process

removing, resurgance, healign torrent, and possibly restorative shield.

The've got more of a cleric feel to them, and a lot of chloro's play it for the feel of it *hence only 2 chloros' a raid limitation*, and both of these spells have a very cleric feel to them, so does restorative shield, that's why purifiers are there. but that may be a helpful buff while moving to groups or on bosses where an AoE can kill people that'd allow ou to give the little barrior to prevent death.

VL allowing movement

Many chloro's have trouble with expert tanks who just pull and pull and pull, and mobile raid fights where our heals become fairly limited. allowing the movement while channeling VL will prevent us from being shut down on a mobile fight, and allow some minor difficulty keeping it up along with wadsqe, added to our current spam of withering vines while moving *more raid heal then MT heal* we'd have those covered without needing unnecessary new abilities that are prettymuch cleric.

Adjustments

Life Bringing Veil - don't cut our AoE heals in LBV to such horrendiously low numbers, as it stands MT healing isn't very smooth at all it's kinda ridgety, and that's without having a good NT to back up on, but that i could deal with. The irritating part is that we have essentially 0 raid heals while in LBV currnetly. I get the concept is to MT heal while LBV is raid heals, but to cut the raid heals in that veil to such an extent we heal experts better in LBV, and with the nerf to NT we can't rely on pure MT healing in raids either since it's now at 1/2 and current VL doesn't allow for much alteration.

Lingering spores - either add or adjust lingering spores to also boost the healing of the spores themselves, as of currently their hardly worth the gcd. The nerf was a necessity that much is true, but that severe of a nerf seems a bit overkill when combined to all the other nerfs you've given us. By allowing it to raise the % of max health, or increase it by a flat number like say 5-10% or 2.5-5%, but capping the heal per tick at say 750 (or adjusting spores to 750 per, or scale it by lvl with 750 per at max lvl). this will keep the skill from being broken with heavy hard hitting fast attackers, and with all gcd's for most dps's being 1.0 anyway this'll allow them to wither or top off some of the AoE recieved, and not necessarily half to put on pvp gear just to bring the number to a worthy to cast number.

Accelerated Growth - increase both life damage and healing by 5% instead of just damage *if not buffing spores to a useful amount we'll need a good amount of boosts to our base to even keep up with clerics, and that base or spores both boost our lbv healing so it's not so terrifyingly low on the AoE end*

Covalesce - the healing amount is pretty low but stilll useful, why not adjust covalesce to instead of healing, maby it could boost healing on those targets, or reduce the cd on flourish/bloom, which would allow some more interesting uses of it in pinch situations, or AoE heavy fights. add some type of effect other then a 9% heal which doesn't really have much effect in a raid fight. within balance reasons ofc

Vengeful healer - why not alternate it, and instead of boosting damage *and not healing* to boost both damage and healing of the next spell for a clever use of bloom > NT/flourish > NT. or scale both sides, boost 1 ST heal by 5% per cast up to a max of 3-5, to allow our non dmg heals to be used more cautiously and in need rather then spam on cd. a variety of things you could do with this, i'll leave suggestions for that

Blight - all the heal reduction spells cut healing by 50% except for this one, ya it removes HoT's why not adjust it to remove 2-3 HoT's and cut healing by 30%. We need some way to deal with wardens with eradicate put on such a short cd, and removing their HoT's is the only way to do that. but with their healing capabilities they just toss a couple up and kite enough to have the rest up and all that did was give you a 5-10 second window to kill who they were healing, but even that doesn't matter to much since the heals their tossing back up are most likely AoE's.

raised nature - it's now based off of only int you get from gear, which is a pretty low number when it's only 15% of that, boost the % of gear based int, or return it to it's original.

Natural Power - increase the healing as well as the damage

Additional abilities to replace the 2-3 i'd like removed, and balance changes I'll let you guys cover with some suggestions.

some suggestions That'd be great - which of the above changes should be implimented, not implimented, adjusted to a different. but keep in mind that if all of the above changes went into effect at the same time then our healing would be OP and that's without a doubt, so balance adjustments. *but keep in mind it isn't a rant. and it isn't to break us, but to try to repair the current state of cleric feel and terribad lbv in both raid and mt *NT*

Their arent' many ways to offset our lbv's MT heal to raid heal combination, and not break LGV's raid heals asside from double hitting NT's again. those are buffing spores a tad, making a few adjustments to our AoE heals, or adding a minor no cd instant cast AoE heal that does far less then flourish *say 1/2-1/3 as much but can be sustaiend.

Telaran

no responses yet eh, maby with time.

Ascendant

This is just feedback I've posted from before.

----

Void Life
    Void Life should do less healing per channel than a single cast of Vile Spores. However, Void Life should deal additional damage and trigger additional healing for every Life DoT that's on the target. This means that Void Life will become most powerful with Withing Vines and the DoTs from Vile Spores and Ruin on the target.

Nature's Fury
    Nature's Fury should refresh Withering Vines on the targets that it hits.

Nature's Corrosion
    Instead of dealing 100% of their damage and healing over 6 seconds, Ruin and Vile Spores should deal 200% of their damage over 12 seconds. This will keep their DoTs active long enough to be utilized in Void Life. It should also work with Nature's Touch.

Ruin
    Ruin should trigger bonus healing from Lifebound Veil.

Nature's Touch
    Should be instant by default but have a cooldown of 10-12 seconds.

Boon of Life
    Should have a 10/20/30% chance to reset the cooldown of Nature's Touch and Ressurgence with a successful cast of Ruin, Vile Spores or Void Life (per tick).

Circle of Life
    Instead of increasing the crit chance of these spells, this talent should allow Flourish, Bloom and Natural Healing to do a portion of their healing over 4 seconds.

Vengeful Healer
    Rather than just increasing the damage of the life spells by 20%, it should also increase the healing triggered by the veils by 20%.

Healing Torrent
    We should just change this spell completely. A more interesting spell would be a Life DoT with a cooldown that triggers an additional heal on the Synthesis target whenever that target hits the afflicted. 12-16 second DoT with a 30 second cooldown makes it a semi-tank cooldown, plus it would work with the Void Life I suggested earlier.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

The suggestion the OP makes are for the most part terrible.
    Caydins Void Life suggestion is a pretty decent one I think, but the Natures Touch change isn't.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The suggestion the OP makes are for the most part terrible.
    Caydins Void Life suggestion is a pretty decent one I think, but the Natures Touch change isn't.
    Eh, I just don't really like Boon of Life or the concept of rotational healing. I feel that adding a healing proc for us to use or sit would spice things up a bit.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Rift Master

Caydin's got some good ideas, though I am also in agreement with Primal about the NT change. Mechanically it is fine, it just lacks punch. Needs a boost.

I think what I want to see mostly though is better synergy with other souls. I don't think that allowing our heals to scale from our damage in addition to the cast time/stats would be a bad thing. Maybe have one veil for healing purely based on your Chloro cast times scaling with gear, and another for healing via damage done.

This would continue to let us heal in PvP where historically valor and resistances have reduced our damage/healing to negligible amounts, but allow us to create interesting and fun builds with other souls again.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

Soulwalker

My suggestion would be to review the coeffient variables. I think when doing the program they forgot a 0 and that is why our healing is disfunctional

Telaran

cayden has some pretty good ideas I agree with most.

making NT instant the'd half to remove the ability which allows it to be cast as an instant, and as were probably all aware, their having a difficult time comming up with extra abilities as is, removing this would probably end up giving us something rather worthless lol.

as for the extending the duration of ruin/vs and allowing extra synth procs and effects in relation to those dots would definately add a pretty fun mechanic. but the'd half to be careful with that, or people would abuse it to the extent that they did 36/30 pyro and defilemancer.

in order for that to work, the'd half to make the healing boost on NT/VL for using a dot a smaller number so that some chloro's could still play a non complex rotation, it would reward thsoe who use that rotation, yet not punish the ones who don't use it to heavily. say 10% per life DoT for VL/NT, that way most chloro's will keep at least withering vines on the target, ruin would be worth casting but the requirement of using vs's in the rotatoin wouldn't be as necissasry but an option for a bit extra if you wanna go over what's usuially asked.

my 1.10 rotation for MT + raid healing was radiant spores > vl, vs > vl, vs > ruin > vl. and throwing withering vine in there to keep it up so the rotation wouldn't be overly complex to sustain.

Things I'd like to see:

1) Vengeful healer to affect healing as well.

2) Nature's fury to spread withering vines to the targets it hits, as well as refresh it on the current target.

3) Void life castable while moving.

4) Allow vile spores and ruin not to consume vengeful healer (to encourage non void life spamming)

5) Allow vile spores to refresh radiant spores on the target.

6) Resurgence should affect 10 peeps.

7) add .5% damage gift in chloro

8) add .5% healing gift in archon, warlock

9) let accelerated growth also increase healing done by 1%

10) healing torrent should be a new chloro attack that heals the target of your lifebound veil for an increased amount and applies the heal over time affect to the target of your synthesis (reguardless of viel the hot will apply).

11) Natural power to affect healing as well
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 10-19-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Synthesis healing needs to be greatly improved, IMO.

I agree with Caydins VL suggestion but you'd have to increase Ruin and Vile spores DoT aspect duration. It adds no HPS after the first tick but improves our dps slightly.

Ruin DoT; 12s
    Vile spores DoT; 12s

Ruin would fall off for 3~ seconds giving you less tank healing but thats ok because it will allow a flow and rotation to maximize our tank healing. We can't just have more tank healing 100% of the time it would be a little over board.

Casting VL while moving is a little OP imo and thats why they introduced Resurgence and Restorative Shield. I would like to see that Healing Slipstream also reduces the cast time of Healing Torrent giving us 3 new instant casts heals for movement type situations (4 if you want to include NT if it gets fixed with the Boon 5 stack not allowing us to cast on the move even though its an instant cast.)

My suggestion for Restorative shield is make it a 20s CD but shield 10 targets for only triggers 5 hits of healing lasting only 10 seconds.

Combine Natural Power with Call of Spring with a 5 talent cap making it 15% dmg 15% healing and change Natural Power to "Void Life and Natures Touch will proc a second reduced heal on the mages Synthesis target at 75%/55%/35% reduction"
    Last edited by niochua; 10-19-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Let me level to 60 and I'll have more to say. The healing reduction on tanks is a bit overdone and stashing the additional stuff up above level 50 is a bit limiting.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Walker

I would like to see the return of viable hybrid builds like the pyrocloro for raid healing. It is quite frustrating that there is one way to play cloro now (a 51 spec) with some minor variation. Rift has the potential to be so much more than other games and you see it with classes like clerics, but there is really nothing here for mages.

I would suggest:
    - a return to at least a somewhat viable hybrid build for ae healing.
    - echo what others said about removing the cleric feeling abilities that have been added and, in doing so, restore the thing that made cloros great --> a mage build that nukes to heal and is different than anything else out there.

There are some good things in this thread, but mainly I think the stuff done to cloro represents a major shift in vision or a not so careful think through of how cloro was sold to us all. Let us nuke kind sirs

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaels View Post
    My suggestion would be to review the coeffient variables. I think when doing the program they forgot a 0 and that is why our healing is disfunctional
    It's definitely functional, seriously, if you're struggling you're probably doing it wrong. However it's different.

I'm actually happy with void life, it's our go to tank heal spam. Maybe LBV on the whole needs a buff though, especially the non synth part. Or maybe void life should do bonus healing in LBV instead of based on synth so it's a better group heal but does the same tank healing. Nature's touch is worthless without a cast time/instant proc though and spending a talent shouldn't net you something worthless (even if further improvement gives it a use). I think it needs a slight healing buff, or maybe make *that* do more HPS if more DoTs are up.

LGV 5 man healing is fun but I wonder if it'll work in marginal gear. I've said elsewhere we need to stance manage.

LBV being only for raid tank heals (I was getting about 2.2K non crit tick heals without any buffs earlier today with void life) and extreme boss damage means that fights need to be balanced carefully, if there's large unavoidable aoe going with that boss damage, chloros will struggle. If the boss damage is just sort of high and there's aoe, LGV and cast heals will cut it though. And any other situation with lower boss damage, it'll be fine.

The lack of synergy caused by the class overhaul is where I think most suggestions lie. Our damage talents are a joke because they do so little for us (as they buff abysmal damage), they either need buffs in themselves or our damage needs a buff. Or failing that.

I'd make accelerated growth give a small cast time reduction on vile spores and nature's touch, or make it boost nature damage 2% per rank in addition. Or healing output 1% per rank as well. Or damage 2% overall.

I'd make vengeful healer buff the healing done by the LGV/LBV proc maybe not as much but buff it.

Take the cooldown off ruin. Or give it a bonus heal. Right now it has one application which is "on the move but WV is already up". So I guess it's not utterly useless but it's niche.

Accross the trees we need more syngery, either gift tweaks or just altering a few low rung talents to help us more would be nice. Currently dumping points to get something nice is far too common and the lack of gift synergy hurts more. I'd whack healing into the gifts of harbinger and warlock and put 1% healing into the archon talent soulfire.

I actually like a lot of the stuff Cayden doesn't in the OP and wouldn't like to see them changed. I see the main issues as the lack of synergy with damage talents, which we can't avoid. And LBV being knackered (combined with the needed RS nerf).

Oh and I'd probably buff RS very slightly, make it's duration slightly longer or up the proc rate I don't like the refreshing ideas as they feel lazy (mostly because it will be nearly impossible to have it drop off) but then on the other hand, they would buff it enough that it'd still be a valued tool if not our best any more. I feel like Cayden is barking up the right tree though... Perhaps make ruin refresh spores as it's a little bit out in the cold right now.

Rift Disciple

Wheres the harbinger soul tree info anyways? Must see the synergy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast