+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raeniel

Thread: Pets and 1.11

Default Pets and 1.11

I noticed this change to pets:

Pets
    Pets no longer inherit Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence and Wisdom from their owner. They will now inherit all derived stats like attack power, spell power, resist and armor from their owner.

Well i would like to request that you go one step further, and I present the suggestion to the community that pets also have level equal to the summoners level as well as stats derived from inherited figures. (across the callings).

The reason being is that although I understand pets have just been scaled and balanced I feel that there is a lack of synergy between lower tier pet classes such as necromancer (and beastmaster) at the higher levels because your pet doesn't scale effectively with regards to level/mitigation and defense so pretty please devs could you scale pet level (and all pet stats) to something related inherited from the summoner?

That way a level 0 investment would still bring you a pet and that pet would basically be a slightly weaker version of yourself and just as survivable in a sense (although with lower damage output obviously designed around the soul structure itself)

Just a small suggestion, obviously pet damage may need to be further refined as time passes but I feel with the recent pet changes it is something worth suggesting and considering.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 10-18-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

A quick test would show you that the level 30 pets inherit your hit rating. This means that they don't miss. Your level 30 pet should have roughly 2k HP, and function as a resilient DoT. Your suggestion would make pets a requirement for any spec with a 0-point soul.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    A quick test would show you that the level 30 pets inherit your hit rating. This means that they don't miss. Your level 30 pet should have roughly 2k HP, and function as a resilient DoT. Your suggestion would make pets a requirement for any spec with a 0-point soul.
    I'm aware that it would make them a requirement for any 0 point soul, but obviously their damage potential is unlocked via talents that cost points so i consider the 0 point pet an investment purely as companion (and a minor DPS boost) more as a meat shield in effect in PvP with certain fun spec combinations. (which would be more fun if the pets level scaled to 50 appropriately and the pets HP value was based on some kind of inherited HP value from the mage, obviously boosted by specific "+PETHP" talents further up the tree.

Just for the dignity of any pet as at least subtle cannon fodder and anti-targetting material.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Soulwalker

I'm a little disappointed with the fact that my pets at level 50 do not have hps comparable to my own. I thought this was a bug or something and resummoned different pets a few times before I realized this was all I was going to get. So while I have leveled and my hps have gotten to over 5k, my pets only have around 2k hps. You can imagine going against level 50 mobs.... they don't last very long. So what is the point of having a pet if it's dead in a few hits or I spend all my attack time keeping it healed? What a waste.....

+ Reply to Thread