+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloro Synergy is completely gone now

Rift Master

Default Chloro Synergy is completely gone now

After a day of playing with the new builds and testing them on dummies, dungeons and raids, I'm kinda sad about the changes to Chloromancer.

Because the damage and healing increases are separated and only the chloro tree gives any healing bonus, none of the other trees are particularly well suited for pairing with Chloro. Gone are specs like ChloroLock and PyroLock, because the only way to increase healing now is to put as many points as possible into Chloromancer.

So we're now pigeon holed into 51pt (61pt in SL) Chloro, with 15pts left for a minor boring bonus in some other tree, or small utility in Dom.

After a year of being screwed in PvP your solution is to screw us in PvE. I don't even think that we're doing particularly well on live, Chloro healing on Ituziel has gone from 4k+ to around 2k, maybe slightly under (bards can out heal us at times now), so not only is Chloro boring, it's weak.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

Shadowlander

Default I agree, but try Dom

I agree with almost all of what you say here. Chloro was great for healing in the past, but the nerfs are troubling, and the reasons why they felt this was a good idea are unknown. The two off-souls that I found worth considering were Warlock (for the insta-cast opp proc) and 11 Dom/4 Ele for increased Int and spell crit. All in all though, this sucks, and yeah, I certainly won't be PVP healing anytime in the near future as a mage. Mages in general are useless in PVP now.

The best I can say is: This is an engineer's solution. On paper, separating heal and dps fixed the PvP healing issue and will allow adding mobs with high spell resistance. But these changes disemboweled the soul. Technically not that much has changed, except that chloro is now a conventional healer who happens to need an offensive target and does some minor dps. Yes, he can heal but the soul has been neutered and stands completely isolated in the Mage calling. A horribly wrong design decision by engineers who rate functionality higher than character.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Perros_The_Second View Post
    The best I can say is: This is an engineer's solution. On paper, separating heal and dps fixed the PvP healing issue and will allow adding mobs with high spell resistance. But these changes disemboweled the soul. Technically not that much has changed, except that chloro is now a conventional healer who happens to need an offensive target and does some minor dps. Yes, he can heal but the soul has been neutered and stands completely isolated in the Mage calling. A horribly wrong design decision by engineers who rate functionality higher than character.
    Well said. Pretty much sums up the reality.

Ascendant

Well from what I've seen from the harbinger reveal, it might synergize really well with chloro.

Rift Disciple

The Harbinger may synergize nicely with the chloromancer, but that won't come out for another 4 weeks. I plan to do a lot of soul building on the beta this weekend, with Harbinger and Chloro, but until SL goes live, chloromancer is screwed.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    Well from what I've seen from the harbinger reveal, it might synergize really well with chloro.
    It's a one way synergy. Harbinger appears to synergise well for support heals or grinding, but Chloro doesn't gain a great deal for extra healing from Harbinger because it offers no +healing bonuses at all.

Rift Chaser

Yeah I used to love the chloro soul but now..not so much :/ I liked chloro cause I could heal but differently then I had been healing for years. The damage equals healing thing was cool. Now it just seems that you might as well roll a cleric if you want to main heal. Or a bard if you want to support heal. Of course I am not giving up hope yet still time for changes to be made. But not holding my breath.

Telaran

i dont know about you folks but i like new changes sure it would be great if they sticked with old mechanic but this aint so bad and for some reason i even heal more now then before

Soulwalker

Default Not happy

I'm not happy with the chloromancer tree either. It seems a bit dull now, and to be honest, I don't want to heal anymore. I liked the idea of doing more dps to get more heals. I agree with Calliso; if you choose to play a mage, it's because you want to play a mage. I don't know what they're making us play like other classes. If we wanted to play another class, we would have selected another. I don't know what they were thinking, but I can see this game taking a dive for the worst, which is sad.

Telaran

lol heal more currently, your on crack

but ya, i haven't even looked at any other mage adjustments till this chloro error is fixed.

i heal 1/3 or less of the AoE healing in lbv then i did in 1.1, and my raid heals though have a higher base because low gear chloro's couldn't heal a metric ton llike the others. they had to siginificantly boost raid heals just to make up for radiant spores loss, but even this isn't enough to make up for it, it's fine for a decent amount of things, but for high end raid healing it's enough to keep up, but it doesn't really shine even if you play it right.

and their MT heals are in a sad position, ya VL overall heals more then it did in 1.11 but with how they adjusted everything else it makes NT useless even with the instant cast. and if you take a break off of VL *which you still can't channel when moving like rogues channels which would fix a lot of problems, and allow you to remove most the non dmg/healing heals asside from bloom/flourish and maby natural healing.

tbh I don't think they test their own changes, they put 1 mage healer with 4 cleric healers in a test raid and say my heals are fine. highly doubt they test the numbers outright, or the'd forsee this nerf. why don't you just remove our heal symbol for a support symbol in chloro already, your working in that way as is.

clerics out heal us in MT, clerics out heal us in raid *in every aspect*, and they can alternate or do both at the same time with the drop of a hat. my bard pulls 1.2-1.5k heals with gear that my 1.1 was pulling those numbers, so were prettymuch useless since you can stack bards and not drop healing, but you can't stack chloro's.

if your gonna keep us from having more then 1-2 of us in a raid then make it worth it, not nerf us to such an extent that even bards out heal us, that's just pathetic.

edit: kat i'm with you on not wanting to heal no more, i'm not even playing my mage anymore after testing it in a raid and a few experts, and noticing the actual differences. my mage will be sitting collecting dust as I play my rogue till they fix this chloro.

*vote #1 to rever to 1.11 chloro, cut that chloro's spores to 10-15% max health which is still a huge nerf from 1.1, and allow you to channel void life while moving, use the extra skill slots and boosts to increase healing, or better yet make sproes heal 5 or 5-10% more instead of increased duration *or both in separate points*, remove all this excess target heals, and toss a higher ability to allow you to move while casting vl, like 56 or 61 so that it's worth going 61 chloro for a reason but not a necessity.
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 10-18-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Ascendant

Radiant Spores was horribly overpowered. The fact that it was so much of our healing should have been insulting. Passive healing isn't fun.

LGV is stronger in many situations with these changes, both in the fact that it heals 10 people, and the fact that it's very stable. However, we don't benefit from damage boosts like we used to.

LBV is horrible. That's what we should be giving feedback about. Both the ST and AoE healing of that Veil is down, to the point where it's more efficient to simply spam Natural Healing than to actually heal with damage.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Rift Chaser

Well as a whole I am happy with the mage changes it just chloro that disappoints me hehe. I do agree radiant spores was overpowered I think most do. And I totally understand the pvp limitations. Though I really hate when pve is screwed with in order to fix something in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Though I really hate when pve is screwed with in order to fix something in pvp.
    Which should never happen. We were even told it would not happen, yet Trion keeps pulling things like this.

My Mage will also be gathering dust. I hate the Chloro changes.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

As my role in raids has always been MT heals, I was devastated in our raid last night. The tanks were barely taking damage, our bard was pulling parse topping high heals (while doing 2k DPS at times) and I was falling asleep at the keyboard, what craziness is this, if I wanted to be a cleric healer casting HEALS I would be doing just that. When the tank did take damage it was some kind of one shot on dodgy mechanics.

I have played chloro since release and before and for the first time in 2 years I am willing to drop healing as my main role.

Please fix this mess, give me back some point to being a MT heals chloro.

Nefarious, an Oceanic Defiant Raid guild on Laethys
    ToDQ 4/4 FT 4/4 EE 5/5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast