+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defile

Default Defile

Maybe I haven't been able to figure out all the new stuff that has been introduced with the new patch, but I have noticed that of all the warlock DoTs (including necrosis from Necromancer), Defile is lagging far behind everything else in damage. Life Leech, Dark Touch (with synergy crystal), Necrosis, Atrophy, and Neddra's Grasp all do more damage than Defile, and don't have the charge consuming drawback that Defile still has since it was originally one of the hardest ticking DoTs. Now that Defile has been left out in the cold, I feel it needs to be updated also. I think one of three changes should put it back where it should be:
    1. Remove or lessen the charge consuming mechanic from it so it won't mess up Contamination to such a degree.
    2. Increase the damage that Defile does to better bring it in line with the other DoTs.
    3. Have Defile not time out and keep ticking as long as it has charge to draw from.

Again, I haven't figured out all of the in's and out's of the new spells yet, but this is the one that caught my attention the most that needs to be addressed. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Loriel; 10-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread