+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone figured a good AoE spec yet?

Ascendant

Default Anyone figured a good AoE spec yet?

I've never really been familiar with stormcaller - has anyone found a good AoE spec yet?

51 Dom or 51 Stormcaller, possibility of a hybrid of the two. Dom AoE abilities such as Mass Betrayal and Traiterous Influence are incredible in PvE now due to proccing off auto-attacks, but I suspect Stormcaller will be better over a sustained period

I would get familiar with SC. That's your only route since firestorm got nerfed to devouring shadows level.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    51 Dom or 51 Stormcaller, possibility of a hybrid of the two. Dom AoE abilities such as Mass Betrayal and Traiterous Influence are incredible in PvE now due to proccing off auto-attacks, but I suspect Stormcaller will be better over a sustained period
    Yeah 51dom is great for burst AE but SC will win the battle over sustained and still has its nice burst.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Rift Chaser

51sc/15dom is what i am testing out now

For Stormcaller I'm running this atm:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cxsGdksGz.V.-7

First 5 pts in Archon are a 2% overall damage buff as opposed to 1.5% AoE and .5% ST you get from each point in Dom. Thinking of picking up Arresting Presence in Dom for the utility at a very minimal loss (by the time I'm done all of my specs other than Pyro are going to be 11 dom I swear)

Still not sure how to macro stuff, some of it is situational. Lightning Burst followed by Electric Charge is a good combo, as is Storm Surge followed by Lightning Storm. Use Eye of the Storm and Arctic Blast to keep up hypothermia on groups. Otherwise normal Forked Lightning and Lightning Field.

Single-target rotation is roughly the same as the SC/Pyro I was running before but with Lightning Burst and Electric Charge available.

51 SC is probably the best but honestly 51 dom is too much fun. If you have a few mages drop Mass Betrayal, Void Wall, and TI just sit back and watch the mobs all murder each other.
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    For Stormcaller I'm running this atm:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cxsGdksGz.V.-7

First 5 pts in Archon are a 2% overall damage buff as opposed to 1.5% AoE and .5% ST you get from each point in Dom. Thinking of picking up Arresting Presence in Dom for the utility at a very minimal loss (by the time I'm done all of my specs other than Pyro are going to be 11 dom I swear)

Still not sure how to macro stuff, some of it is situational. Lightning Burst followed by Electric Charge is a good combo, as is Storm Surge followed by Lightning Storm. Use Eye of the Storm and Arctic Blast to keep up hypothermia on groups. Otherwise normal Forked Lightning and Lightning Field.

Single-target rotation is roughly the same as the SC/Pyro I was running before but with Lightning Burst and Electric Charge available.
    Hail Storm is worth using for both AoE and ST
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

Yeah I'm gonna try 51 dom, lol. Sounds like a plan

which points did you leave out in 51 sc?

im missing 2 points to get full dps, currently im leaving Lightning Conductor (+30% dmg for electrocute/raging storm/thunder blast on hypothermia)

was also thinking about dropping static and getting IC from pyro, the static tooltip says it doesnt eat 10 charge on use tho - i guess they both eat the same amount of charge now
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Default n

Personnaly, I leave empty : Arctic chill, Icy vortex, Wind Chill, cold weather training. And I still have 1 point that I put in ride the wind which can be put among those I've listed. And I'm full dps.
    Synergy : 5archon + 10domi.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

dunno i find SC rather irritating

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dksGz.x0V.V.-9

AOE:

-> lightning storm to get to 5 electrified as fast as possible
    -> hailstorm
    -> LF
    -> refresh to 5 electrified with Forked Lightning
    -> repeat

- rotate hailstorm/arctic blast every 15 secs to keep hypotermia up, always use it after youve applied your 5 electrified
    - get to 100 charge and pop Eye of the Storm (since you cant get charge while its running?), dunno whether that one is actually worth it
    - use static flux on every HS/AB/LF + as many FLs that add the 5th electrified as possible

i dont see any reason to use Storm Surge at all, this is pretty similar to 1.10 SC, except keeping up ice shear on 3 mobs seems to be a dps loss, im missing spark :-------------(

Single target:
    prio, always keep 5 electrify (refresh with forked lightning) + ice shear
    HS > AB > Icicle > Pouring Rain Cloudburst > Forked Lightning Spam > Normal Cloudburst (only if you have to move)
    Storm Surge might be worth if if you always use it with Electric Charge

single target sc feels weird
    anyone doing stuff different?

LF > cloudburst in ST.

EDIT : it was, on pts. On live cloudburst > LF indeed.

And I use storm surge in ST rotation too, you can crit for 20 with it.
    Last edited by Lanfeara; 10-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfeara View Post
    LF > cloudburst in ST.
    its not for me, it got ninjanerfed sometime last week on pts

and forked lightning still hits harder than thunderbolt even if i get 2/2 Lightning Conductor
    has anyone done the math? are raging/elecrocute > forked?
    since they both start very low Lightning Conductor doesnt seem to make any sense at all
    Last edited by sculti; 10-18-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Telaran

SC single target rotation:

* Do use Raging Storm. a) Both Raging Storm and Electrocute are dps increases over Thunderbolt; b) RS during its 3sec channel does more damage than 2 Cloudbursts. The damage starts out low, but those last two ticks are stunning! (forgive the pun...)

* Do not use Cloudburst, unless you have to move. Using Lightning Burst is better than a Cloudburst spam (even with Pouring Rain). Cloudburst also ravages your mana bar, especially with PR on.

* I am annoyed that we are going to be using AE spells (HS, AB) in our ST rotation again...

* Rotation: 5 Electrified stacks -> Ice Shear -> Icicle proc (+AB/HS) -> Storm Surge/LB -> rinse & repeat

Benefits/tips:
    a) Sustainable mana management;
    b) PR still helps Ice Shear/AB/Icicle;
    c) The full duration of your electrified builders benefit from Hypothermia, Electrified and Ice Shear.
    d) Use Static Flux wisely

Hope that's helpful

Also, 44 SC/22 Ele does similar ST-spec with very respectable AE (pick up Icy Carace, Greater Air pet and Ashen Armor). And it has a potential to be so much better at L60, once we can pick up Cycles of Earth & Air.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast