+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Storm?

Shadowlander

Default Fire Storm?

Why was this nerfed?

Because Pyro is supposed to be a mostly single target focused spec. If you want AoE you can make a Stormcaller. Trion is apparently trying to differentiate the two and not just for mages either. Paragon and Champion from warrior are another two that have been changed like this so that one is a much stronger ST spec while the other is a much stronger AoE spec.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Because Pyro is supposed to be a mostly single target focused spec. If you want AoE you can make a Stormcaller. Trion is apparently trying to differentiate the two and not just for mages either. Paragon and Champion from warrior are another two that have been changed like this so that one is a much stronger ST spec while the other is a much stronger AoE spec.
    Riftblade wars/Bladedancer rogues would like to have a word with Trion then.

edit: couldn't put it all on the warriors.
    Last edited by keebs750; 10-18-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by keebs750 View Post
    Why was this nerfed?
    So you are forced to use another soul, duh. Stems the complaint of every Mage having to be Pyro, pyro, pryo. And alternatively, Pyro.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    So you are forced to use another soul, duh. Stems the complaint of every Mage having to be Pyro, pyro, pryo. And alternatively, Pyro.

So warriors/rogues can get a spec with viable ST and AoE but we're forced to switch souls to do so? At least with pyrolock you could spam fire storm and do ok AoE, now you're better off just going through your ST rotation because you'll do more DPS.

I could understand this if SC had anything remotely close to ok ST, but it doesn't.
    Last edited by keebs750; 10-18-2012 at 12:11 PM.

So warriors/rogues can get a spec with viable ST and AoE but we're forced to switch souls to do so? At least with pyrolock you could spam fire storm and do ok AoE, now you're better off just going through your ST rotation because you'll do more DPS.

I could understand this if SC had anything remotely close to ok ST, but it doesn't.
    SC ST is respectable. warriors and rogues don't have a spec that is better at both anymore, other than warrior specs that are obviously out of whack. Pyro did far more than "ok" AoE with firestorm, at least if you used it properly.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    SC ST is respectable. warriors and rogues don't have a spec that is better at both anymore, other than warrior specs that are obviously out of whack. Pyro did far more than "ok" AoE with firestorm, at least if you used it properly.
    FB buff up and IC/SL with it, I know. Even if they considered the damage over the top, it's completely horrible now, borderline worthless. They need to do something else with it, like maybe have each tick apply a stack of combust. That would give it cool synergy with flame sigil.

edit: also, SC ST is definitely not respectable. 2.6k on the dummy is horrible.
    Last edited by keebs750; 10-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.

FB buff up and IC/SL with it, I know. Even if they considered the damage over the top, it's completely horrible now, borderline worthless. They need to do something else with it, like maybe have each tick apply a stack of combust. That would give it cool synergy with flame sigil.

edit: also, SC ST is definitely not respectable. 2.6k on the dummy is horrible.
    The combust stacks would be cool but would honestly put it back to one-spec-to-rule-them-all status. You're not going to get away with one DPS spec for everything, and raids aren't going to stack warriors just because they can ST and AoE at the same time. Welcome to choices in raiding.

This does give me kind of an interesting idea for Pyro though. If there's an add around combust it up with Withering Flame before using Flame Sigil, so you get 10 stacks without needing Heat Wave.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    The combust stacks would be cool but would honestly put it back to one-spec-to-rule-them-all status. You're not going to get away with one DPS spec for everything, and raids aren't going to stack warriors just because they can ST and AoE at the same time. Welcome to choices in raiding.

This does give me kind of an interesting idea for Pyro though. If there's an add around combust it up with Withering Flame before using Flame Sigil, so you get 10 stacks without needing Heat Wave.
    I get what you're saying about needing variety with souls, but unfortunately, there is no variety right now. You're either pyro, ele (which would be suboptimal) archon, or a healer. There is no other option to be competitive.

I get what you're saying about needing variety with souls, but unfortunately, there is no variety right now. You're either pyro, ele (which would be suboptimal) archon, or a healer. There is no other option to be competitive.
    That's because those are the souls designed to be competitive at the jobs you chose. There is also a requirement for AoE in certain parts of raids, which will need to be performed by actual AoE specs now. That adds viability for Stormcaller and Dominator. Necromancer and Warlock could use a boost but aren't really that far behind the others, though I'd like to see more extensive parsing (on fresh dummies)

I use 51 SC as my primary dps spec and for those few fights that are purely ST I go archon and let our main archon go full pyro. SC is an incredibly awesome build that's fun, has a relatively easy rotation, and has synergy with several sub-souls to play around with.

And yes, what TheGrinnz said is true, a high Domi spec actually has some viability in raids now. I certainly plan on making one to try out.

+ Reply to Thread