+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Bugs - 1.11

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Mage Bugs - 1.11

Hey all,

With 1.11 out now there's a whole load of new stuff out there. We've managed to catch quite a few issues before things went live, but I'm sure there are more lurking out there. If you find one post it here and I'll take a look at it. Please use this thread for bugs only. Balance issues and such should be in other threads.

Given all of the changes, I'm going to start this bug thread from scratch instead of bringing over the list of old bugs. If one of the old ones is still around then toss it back in.

Thanks everyone!

Neddra's Grasp and Neddra's Torture trigger Azul Searborne's Molten Rejuvenation healing when their damage procs, as I posted here, I'd like to check Dominator abilities as well but it's not really a good Dominator fight >_>

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...lity-bugs.html

Rift Chaser

Well not sure if it is considered a bug but I notice that Archon is still described as an Offensive soul in the soul description window.

Does Trion still see Archon as a DPS soul or as a Support soul?

Don't think any experienced players will see it as anything other than Support but someone new to the game may have different expectations when creating a character based on the soul's tooltip window.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nightreaver View Post
    Well not sure if it is considered a bug but I notice that Archon is still described as an Offensive soul in the soul description window.

Does Trion still see Archon as a DPS soul or as a Support soul?

Don't think any experienced players will see it as anything other than Support but someone new to the game may have different expectations when creating a character based on the soul's tooltip window.
    The icon in the group or raid window reads as dps, instead of support even with 51 points in archon *unless* I pick the pre-made build provided by Trion. I should be able to apply my remaining 15 points any way I see fit (without losing that "support" icon).

It's a nuisance in a raid when I get asked several times whether I've switched to archon. :P
    Last edited by Gisela; 10-18-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisela View Post
    The icon in the group or raid window reads as dps, instead of support even with 51 points in archon *unless* I pick the pre-made build provided by Trion. I should be able to apply my remaining 15 points any way I see fit (without losing that "support" icon).

It's a nuisance in a raid when I get asked several times whether I've switched to archon. :P
    Honestly getting 51 chloro to always show up as healing is more important imo but hopefully they can both be corrected

Seeing as Beastmaster is functionally very similar to Archon and it's a support soul I don't see why Archon would be considered offensive even now that it pulls decent DPS
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Take a look at the mana drains in PVP including Traitorous Influence and Mass betrayal, they seem very weak. We should be able to wreck a cleric quickly considering every heal spec has mana replenishment channeled abilities now.

Bloom not insta cast? working as intended?
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Along those same lines, a 51 point chloro with 10 in dominator shows as support rather than heals. Is there any chance that the role icon could read from either the highest point soul in your build or by some magical method of determining what a spec really is?

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Along those same lines, a 51 point chloro with 10 in dominator shows as support rather than heals. Is there any chance that the role icon could read from either the highest point soul in your build or by some magical method of determining what a spec really is?
    It's already very "magical", that's the problem

ive noticed some que bugs.. when i que for a fulminate when i am finishing a fireball cast, the fulminate wont go off and instead it will cast another fireball.. also does this with Flame bolt... havent had this issue before and I have long ability que timers turned on.

Telaran

Elementalist:
    * Greater Air Pet: Electric Field: Tooltip reads: "Damaging attacks by the pet and the pet's owner on the affected enemy deal an additional 547 air damage." However, EF only does about 100-150 damage each time it is triggered.

Stormcaller:
    * Hitting Thunderbolt whilst channeling Electrocute interrupts the channel instead of queuing it. No such problem with Raging Storm.

(NB: The 'disappearing casting/channeling bar' bug seems to be gone. Thanks Kervik! )

Archon
    * Exhilaration:
    (a) Only the first tick of channeled spells triggers Exhilaration. If the first tick does not crit, but subsequent ticks do, Exhilaration is not triggered. Tested with: Lightning Storm, Hailstorm, Raging Storm, Electrocute.

(b) AE spells trigger Exhilaration only once, even if they crit on more than one target. Cf the tooltip wording ("your spell crits return"), which suggests each of these crits should trigger Exhilaration. I doubt this is a bug though: From a balance standpoint, this seems sensible. Otherwise you would just hit eg LF and watch your mana go from 0% to 100% thanks to Charged Field. Perhaps the tooltip language could be made more precise?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashar View Post
    (NB: The 'disappearing casting/channeling bar' bug seems to be gone. Thanks Kervik! )
    Actually I was seeing this happen quite consistently. If I use Storm Surge then immediately cast Lightning Storm it wouldn't show a cast bar pretty much every time, if I'm remembering correctly. Had to watch the nameplate castbar over my head, this happened a few times with Patron's Rage as well in Archon which was more problematic as that channel needs to finish before I queue something up.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 12:20 PM.

stop spamming the thread grinnz, if you have a bug report it else get out of it and go spam up a thread that does not matter, your carebare title does not warrant a comment from you on every single post.

OT contaminate tooltip needs to read accurate damage types effected
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    stop spamming the thread grinnz, if you have a bug report it else get out of it and go spam up a thread that does not matter, your carebare title does not warrant a comment from you on every single post.
    I was reporting bugs and providing further information on others, glad to see my title is so prestigious though
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Ascendant

Not a bug, but something that should be addressed to avoid confusion.

The premade soul window for Sage still reads "converts damage to healing" where the patch notes have changed it to "Previously this healing was done as a percentage of the damage dealt. With this update, the healing is done based on the base cast time of the spell dealing damage"

Chloro healing seems broken (in mt).
    I heal for half of what I used to. Raid healing is also not worth using in raid.

Persist of warlock does not trigger the 4pcs warlock synergy crystal. I know this is normal because the tooltip says "casting defile" but it should be "refreshing defile". Actually we have to re-cast defile after persist to re-proc the synergy crystal bonus.

Nature's touch cannot be cast while moving even with 5 stacks.

But chloromancer's healing made me sick... That's just not fair. On maklamos, I could not heal the tank properly, barely going up to 1k hps.

Storm surge deal too much damage in single target : the build can be set up within 3 gcd and I think when pvp will be fixed, il will be a problem (and don't talk me about aoe nerf etc. 20k crit is just too huge).

Storm surge's split damage make it useless in pve aoe situation. It's usefull only in ST situation. Eye of the storm is useless.

That's all for the moment .

(overall, gj Kervik !)
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast