+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NecroDom?

Default NecroDom?

Hello,

I seem to remember somewhere in the forums the past couple of days a nice rotation for a NecroDom build. However, it lacked the build description!

I am interested in this build and rotation; could someone point me to a ZAM build calc so I know where exactly to place the talents? Help with rotation and macros would be appreciated too.

I tried working it out myself this morning but I didn't seem to get anywhere. :/

Thanks in advance for the help- I do appreciate it.

Rift Chaser

they killed that spec

oh great. I'm confused as what to select to go with necro. ele? I feel so lost!

Rift Chaser

ele or war should work. did not get a chance to do a whole lot of testing

51 necro/15 ele gets you the maximum amount of pet bonuses, however there may be other options that result in better self DPS

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    51 necro/15 ele gets you the maximum amount of pet bonuses, however there may be other options that result in better self DPS
    Huh! I just read in another thread that 51 ele and 15 necro was the way to go, but I like yours better!

I'm wondering about swapping out Dom for Archon for the squirrel now that PS is higher in the tree anyway...

Oh, sorry for so many questions- is the 15 in ele straight up stacked points, or are any talents skipped? I mean, are they all maxed to 15 or are some like, 2/3, 1/3, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Oh, sorry for so many questions- is the 15 in ele straight up stacked points, or are any talents skipped? I mean, are they all maxed to 15 or are some like, 2/3, 1/3, etc?
    You want to pick the ones that will buff you and your pet; crits are now really important for this build so Biting Cold and Tempest, make sure to max Elemental Link for pet damage, and finally grab Abrasion for raid boss dps (you'll need to leave some points out of Tempest)

Elementalist is doing better however from what I can tell, I just prefer necro
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 07:44 AM.

You want to pick the ones that will buff you and your pet; crits are now really important for this build so Biting Cold and Tempest, make sure to max Elemental Link for pet damage, and finally grab Abrasion for raid boss dps (you'll need to leave some points out of Tempest)

Elementalist is doing better however from what I can tell, I just prefer necro
    Necro fan here too- thanks so much for the help!

Do you know if anyone has figured out a solid rotation for this build yet by any chance?

Use the Zealot for ST it builds up Deathly Calling much faster
    Spam macro is Reaper's Touch -> Last Gasp -> Plague Bolt -> Necrosis (may try leaving out Last Gasp)
    Keep up Necrosis dot
    use Corpse Talon when at 5 deathly calling (not sure if worth it due to cast time)
    use Condemn with 5 deathly calling, then Putrify to regen it (can macro these together)
    after a plague bolt or whatever the pet will have regenned it so hit Desecrate, it will come up again before Condemn does so use it again
    use Bone Frenzy whenever you can, it just eats some charge then you can regen it for Empty the Crypts/Lich Form (not sure on best usage of these)
    and use Mass Grave whenever it's up, with Exhume if available

I currently play a Necro44/Lock22 spec, but I am also open to suggestions. I just love the Warlock for the +charge esp with the change to Lich Form this comes in handy.
    I wonder, are there ppl playing a 51 Necro build if so which? And what do you do for AE or do you not play the Necro in dungeons?
    I LOVE the new corpse explosion chain *sings dead bodies everywhere*

Then I have 2 questions.
    1. My pet health is really low, it*s only 3k. Granted I do not have any pts in the "Increase your pet health" branch box, but I didn*t have any pts there before either and my Skeletal Knight had about 5k hp Overall though he seems to take it pretty good, tanking 5 mobs in Ember Isle and stood his ground quite long without me healing him. Any ideas?
    2. Is it intended that Opportunity from Warlock and Epidemic do not mix anymore? Before when Epidemic was triggered as well as Opportunity I was able to use both = shoot Plague Bolt 2 times but since the update when both are triggered and I use Plague Bolt the Opportunity vanishes. For the moment I try to use Void Bolt first for Opportunity and Plague Bolt for Epidemic but since I*m so used to just shooting Plague Bolt I often forget and waste an insta-cast...

Also, do you notice that Deathly Calling reaches 5 stacks quicker when using the Zealot? When using the Knight it takes ages to reach 5, I actually get there quicker with this new skill "Putrify"

Quote Originally Posted by Ovdisaier View Post
    I currently play a Necro44/Lock22 spec, but I am also open to suggestions. I just love the Warlock for the +charge esp with the change to Lich Form this comes in handy.
    I wonder, are there ppl playing a 51 Necro build if so which? And what do you do for AE or do you not play the Necro in dungeons?
    I LOVE the new corpse explosion chain *sings dead bodies everywhere*

Then I have 2 questions.
    1. My pet health is really low, it*s only 3k. Granted I do not have any pts in the "Increase your pet health" branch box, but I didn*t have any pts there before either and my Skeletal Knight had about 5k hp Overall though he seems to take it pretty good, tanking 5 mobs in Ember Isle and stood his ground quite long without me healing him. Any ideas?
    2. Is it intended that Opportunity from Warlock and Epidemic do not mix anymore? Before when Epidemic was triggered as well as Opportunity I was able to use both = shoot Plague Bolt 2 times but since the update when both are triggered and I use Plague Bolt the Opportunity vanishes. For the moment I try to use Void Bolt first for Opportunity and Plague Bolt for Epidemic but since I*m so used to just shooting Plague Bolt I often forget and waste an insta-cast...

Also, do you notice that Deathly Calling reaches 5 stacks quicker when using the Zealot? When using the Knight it takes ages to reach 5, I actually get there quicker with this new skill "Putrify"
    For AoE use the Shadow Revenant, Grave Rot, Corpse Explosion, there isnt any other aoe in the soul really. I was focusing more on the single-target capability with that spec.

I believe epidemic consuming opportunity is intended, honestly I would see if there's anything more worthwhile to pick up than Opportunity

The zealot builds up deathly calling much faster than the other pets because its abilities are on very short cooldowns and all add a stack.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-18-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Nice! Would you mind posting your build? I would love to know where to start!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...fuVu0uuRrbz.-7

Points can be moved around between Grave Rot, Corpse Talon, Corpse Pile, Vengeful Spirit, Feign Death, and Consumption depending what you want to pick up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast