+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any other viable dps spec?

Telaran

Default Any other viable dps spec?

Hi guys,
    Right now all I got is 51 pryo 15 archon. But since I hate pyro soul in general I wonder if there is any other viable dps spec for single target.

I kinda hoped warlock is going to rock but... parses .... well, they're terribad in compare to pyro.

Elementalist, yeah, I'll give it a shot. But, what about warlock/necro? Is that mix really that bad as I think or am I just messing up the rotation?

Soulwalker

Been Messing around with it and doing 3.7 w/o any buffs
    But its far from optimizes my guess would be to be around 4k
    I have full t5 gear without maelforge relics

I played 32-34 Necrolock from 1.1 until 1.11 came out. I enjoyed the build because I could solo, ST, AoE and had some useful utility spells like Consumption for Sicaron purging. I wasn't top DPS, but I wasn't that far off and hard to kill besides. Constant motion fights were not my strong point, since soul purge is a channel, but every build has it's strengths and weaknesses. The 1.11 changes killed that build - abilities I had been using went away, were changed, moved, folded, spindled, mutilated, etc. The preset gravelord is a necro-warlock mix, but I can't say anything good about it. I tried re-creating something resembling my old build on the open beta, and my dps was still down the toilet by day 3. Personally, I'm trying to get a synergy between necro and elementalist going before I say screw it and stick to chloro and archon. Defilemancer is probably workable, but I'd miss commanding my undead hordes, and what's the point of playing a game if it's not fun any more?

So yeah, necro/warlock was a good synergy, but it may not be any more. I'm hoping someone figures out something I overlooked to make it work again after the changes but I'm not holding my breath.
    It was a pleasure to burn ~ Ray Bradbury

Telaran

51 pyro 15 archon - 4050 dps on dummy after 5 minutes.
    But I had some time to test some other builds:

Pyro-Lock (41/25) ~4000-4100
    NecroEle - ~2700
    51 SC st - ~2100-2230
    51 Warlock - 3630-3830
    51 Ele - ~3100

Champion

If you were using the 51 fire pet for ele, the parse should be much higher.

Besides that looks about the same as the numbers I can get, though I haven't played around with a 51 pyro yet really.

Was doing with my mage alt about 4,5k dps on dummy with 51necro without using a "real rota". Gear is a little bit above full HK.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-18-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Default Ele / Necro

I pulled around 4.6k last night using the 51 Ele / 15 Necro build.
    Soulleech
    Mage
    Keenblade

Rift Chaser

All these numbers are useless without context.

Dummy? Consumables? Raid? Was your dummy debuffed? Were you buffed?

These make huge impacts on DPS and just throwing out oh i did 4k in this spec or 4.5k in this spec without any context does not help in the balancing or optimizing of any spec.

Ascendant

Ele is close but that's it as far as I know.

I don't really trust dummy parses right now though considering they may or may not be debuffed every time you try to parse something.

Default Excuse me

Sorry I did not include the specifics. I pulled 4.6 on Drak last night. That was full raid buffed.
    Last edited by Scalar; 10-18-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Soulleech
    Mage
    Keenblade

Shadowlander

Next highest spec I could find was 48lock/13necro, but it was still ~1k behind 51pyro. Don't have a Ituz parse for lock but pyro did 6.7k I think.
    Last edited by JoeyM; 10-18-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalar View Post
    I pulled around 4.6k last night using the 51 Ele / 15 Necro build.
    Could I trouble you to provide the build calc for where the talent points should be in the tree please? This sounds like a build I would enjoy.

51 ele/15 necro top dps i can find hitting 4.5-5k on bosses there is a macro but i dont have it on me atm
    Magicmuffins Mage Defiant
    HK 11/11 | ID 8/8 | PF 4/4 | TDQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | GA 2/4

Realm Guardians has been working on a ton of new specs and will be posted on our guild leaders site to help out people looking for specs and rotations and macros and so on at daphat.com check it out. it is being updated as soon as we find a spec that works great for raids.
    Magicmuffins Mage Defiant
    HK 11/11 | ID 8/8 | PF 4/4 | TDQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | GA 2/4

Soulwalker

51 ele / 15 necro is comparable to 51 pyro on fights with high movement (conclaive comes to mind). I used it for that fight last night and topped our dps charts, but we didn't have our DPS warriors with us. I was out parsing the pyros on that fight, but for most others the 51 pyro wins by at least 400-500 dps. Use the fire pet and on cooldowns it is hitting for 6-7k crits. One macro plus ignite is all you need to pull nice numbers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast