+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Solo spec?

Ascendant

Default Solo spec?

I'm guessing stormcaller/chloro isn't so good anymore. Has anyone found a good dps/survivability yet?

inb4 harbo

Just kidding. Any dps spec with 13-14 chloro shouldn't have much of a problem healing itself but if you're really worried look into a pet spec like Ele or Necro as both have much improved tank pets now.

Soulwalker

SC/Chloro is just fine. I'm leveling with it myself and it's beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Artexix View Post
    SC/Chloro is just fine. I'm leveling with it myself and it's beast.
    Could you throw some points into soul calculator for what you think i should use to lvl/farm at level 40 please? gonna try get to 50 before SL
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

would somebody be so kind as to put up a updated SC/Choloro build for level 50. Been wanting to try it out but can only find the old builds.
    " Originally Posted by Tally"
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wives, better hide yo husbands too, THEY FLAMIN ERRBODY UP IN HERE

40 warlock 26 necro
    nice change to radiate death makes it fairly solid.
    who took my names!

Haven't tried this at all but with Radiant Spores not healing you for as much you'll probably have to resort to more control abilities such as dominator offers. This one should give you plenty of snares, stuns, and silences while offering enough AoE dps that mobs should rarely reach you.

32/20/14 SC/Dom/Chloro

Alternatively, you could just try boosting SC even more like this build:

51/15/0 SC/Chloro/Chon

Again, I'm just theorycrafting, haven't actually tried either of these specs yet.
    Last edited by Frailaq; 10-18-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Plane Touched

Just use Chloro/Warlock as before. It's stupid OP in PVP and still great for PVE even with the Radiant Spores nerf.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cromyr View Post
    Just use Chloro/Warlock as before. It's stupid OP in PVP and still great for PVE even with the Radiant Spores nerf.
    Have a build rotation suggestion? Just getting back into mage

Champion of Telara

51 dom 15 chloro

Dom got awesome

Basicly...

Withering vines to pull, storm shackle, walk 3 steps, mobs dead.
    Withering vines to pull, Mass betrayal, mobs dead.
    Withering vines to pull, Traitorous influence, mobs dead.

You also have the void wall and gravity thingy if they survive, spores, bloom if needed and veils altho withering vines and shield procs keep me ar full health almost permanantly.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    51 dom 15 chloro

Dom got awesome

Basicly...

Withering vines to pull, Mass betrayal, mobs dead.
    Withering vines to pull, Traitorous influence, mobs dead.

You also have the void wall and gravity thingy if they survive, spores, bloom if needed and veils altho withering vines and shield procs keep me ar full health almost permanantly.
    Have a point layout??

Shadowlander

I too would like to see a point layout for this 51 dom 15 chloro spoken of, please!

Telaran

I am using 51/8/7 Dom/Chloro/Archon. (The 10% increase in damage for the 5 points in Archon is too good to give up)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...grudro.Vd.V.-8

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by keegantir View Post
    I am using 51/8/7 Dom/Chloro/Archon. (The 10% increase in damage for the 5 points in Archon is too good to give up)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...grudro.Vd.V.-8
    I'll look at that later maybe. I dont use 15 chloro in groups - its for solo only. I have a 2nd 51 dom spec which is stormcaller sub spec for more aoe. (MB + TI + forked lightning spam spikes huge aoe)

My spec is fill the dom tree except for the mana/range talent on first row and the reduced cooldown talent on the 3rd row.

You dont really need to go 15 chloro but the blanket 4% damage increase, 25% extra int after life spells (remembering i pull with withering vines so its up most of the time), instant bloom and aoe radiant spores is the way i prefer to go. Exact points are 5/5 natural awareness, 4/5 accelerated growth, Bloom, healing slipstream 2/2 and phytogenesis 3/3.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swooks View Post
    Have a build rotation suggestion? Just getting back into mage
    Yeah.

My Chlorolock

is what I use.

It's the easiest spec in the world and with the new changes, it's strong in both PVE and PVP.
    Now I don't know how strong it is without gear or anything since I've been running around in full P50 with well over 400 PA points for a while now, but just having warlock armor makes it so I hardly ever lose HP unless it's a boss type or a couple of elites at the same time.

But yeah, you asked for a solo spec and this is what I still use to solo events, rifts, onslaught etc.

Macros I use with it are my simple spam macro:

#show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Dark Touch
    cast Break Free

Everything else (Wild Growth, Radiant Spores, Bloom, Flourish, Withering Vine, Searing Vitality etc) isn't macro'd.

The only reason I use this macro as it is is for PVP basically so I don't have to switch macros or specs/keybinds between pve/pvp.
    I only solo pve. I don't do raids etc since they bore me to death.

Whenever I'm moving, cause a warrior/rogue or whatever is on my ***, I can just hit that macro on the move and it will use all my instantcast dps abilities and they all have a chance to proc opportunity, making vile spores, or nature's fury, if it's off cd, instant. So I can keep moving while healing myself.

In PVE, just pull everything with Withering Vine and get them together so you can spam Devouring Shadows.
    Like I said, I don't even notice my HP drop due to warlock armor on normal mobs, but if you do, you can always pull with vines, get them together, chuck spores on and then devouring shadows like in the old days.
    And if there are other people to DPS, you can just spam that macro to keep everyone alive, since it will always stop at vile Spores if you're not moving, and use bloom/Flourish accordingly.

It comes with a full heal every 2 mins on yourself or an ally, a spammable cleanse and ofcourse Neddra's Essence.

This spec is still my go to spec and has been since 1.1.

It's not the best, but you asked for a solo spec, and this is what works for me.

Hope it helped.
    Last edited by Cromyr; 10-22-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast