+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone have a 51 ele rotation? (1.11)

Default Anyone have a 51 ele rotation? (1.11)

With zoomancer nerfed, looking at the Ele spec, but am unsure what a 'rotation' looks like given the complexity of the talents. Any suggestions?

Shadowlander

I'm hearing that they nerfed Elementalist pets as well (although not as hard as Split Personality). Is that true? And if so, is 51 Ele worth it still?

Soulwalker

I was trying to have a cycle buff for every cast and was using:
    ignite -> crystalline missiles -> (elemental burst, neural prod) -> (icy carapace, storm bolt)
    Plus keeping raging elements up all the time, I was using it at the end of the above rotation so that icy carapace would have a little more time before being broken sometimes.

I haven't looked at it in a few days so I don't know how well it works now.

dbe
    General of Telara

Ele went from the worst mage soul to the worst overall soul. It's embarrassing.

There's one aoe spell that does terrible damage.
    The premade includes improved fireball, but there's no room for fireball in the rotation.
    Volcanic Eruption is a 36 point ability on a 20 second cooldown and is channeled, and does less dps than CM.
    It costs 8 points to get 10% more damage if you follow a very specific rotation, however...
    There's no strict rotation, given 4 abilities with cooldowns that don't match up.
    A 2.5 sec Lightning Strike that barely beats the dps of CM will always be too slow to ever use.
    Using Icy Carapace can be a dps loss if the cooldown doesn't line up right with LS. Even if it does, it's a very small dps gain.
    Pets are better, but not by much.

If anyone thinks this is something besides a giant mess of a soul, feel free to correct me.
    Last edited by dbe; 10-17-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Ascendant

this one has worked best for me so far, still working on it though

I used 51 ele 15 necro

cast ignite every 8 secs

spam macro

#show crystalline missiles
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast stormbolt
    cast elemental burst
    cast icy carapace
    cast crystalline missiles

keep up the pet buff from raging elements (lasts 30 secs)
    keep up the extra damage buff from elemental forces
    use intensify elements on cd
    use rushing elements on cd
    use the fire pet - turned his AOE spell off so he only was casting his single targets

it is not worth casting lightning bolt and not worth waiting the full 8 seconds before smashing icy carapace

parses as well as 51 pyro BUT I am pretty certain I can get more out of 51 pyro with a bit more practice

Ascendant

Dang edit timer

I also put crystalline missiles on a separate keybind so i can smack it when I get the instant cast procs

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Ele went from the worst mage soul to the worst overall soul. It's embarrassing.

There's one aoe spell that does terrible damage.
    The premade includes improved fireball, but there's no room for fireball in the rotation.
    Volcanic Eruption is a 36 point ability on a 20 second cooldown and is channeled, and does less dps than CM.
    It costs 8 points to get 10% more damage if you follow a very specific rotation, however...
    There's no strict rotation, given 4 abilities with cooldowns that don't match up.
    A 2.5 sec Lightning Strike that barely beats the dps of CM will always be too slow to ever use.
    Using Icy Carapace can be a dps loss if the cooldown doesn't line up right with LS. Even if it does, it's a very small dps gain.
    Pets are better, but not by much.

If anyone thinks this is something besides a giant mess of a soul, feel free to correct me.
    I pulled 5k on Ituziel tonight with 51 ele. Not amazing but some standards, but for just mashing a few buttons I'd say it definitely isn't close to the worst at all.

Plane Walker

Hmm that's weird, I found lightening bolt was considerably higher DPS than CM. I was getting about 1500-1700 base damage on CM for a 1.5 second cast while LB seemed to be non critting around 3.7K for 2.5 seconds. Which is quite a lot more DPCT. However during rushing, it's probably a DPS loss. You could probably make a macro that skips it. Or just avoid it and click instants a lot. With ignite you get a nice proc rate on the instant casts.

The volcanic eruption spell did seem to be a questionable gain and when I'm next on I'll be removing it from my spec for some other form of damage increase I guess. I can't see LB as needing skipping though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Devicus View Post
    Hmm that's weird, I found lightening bolt was considerably higher DPS than CM.
    lightning bolt was a dps loss everytime I tried it. Epidemic has no cool down on the proc but it won't proc again unless you have used the previous proc. It can and will proc multiple times in a row, that rapid fire beats a 2.5 sec cast.

I have no relics at all, a staff from PF, T1 pants and shoulders, crafted neck and wand from the epic planer vendor, trinket from conquest and T2 boots, rest ID gear. With this spec I got near 5k on ituziel and scryer - I think it was 4995 or some such, close enough to 5k

Makes me happy happy not to be pyro something

going to change spec around a bit today and try out a few new things

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    this one has worked best for me so far, still working on it though

I used 51 ele 15 necro

cast ignite every 8 secs

spam macro

#show crystalline missiles
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast stormbolt
    cast elemental burst
    cast icy carapace
    cast crystalline missiles

keep up the pet buff from raging elements (lasts 30 secs)
    keep up the extra damage buff from elemental forces
    use intensify elements on cd
    use rushing elements on cd
    use the fire pet - turned his AOE spell off so he only was casting his single targets

it is not worth casting lightning bolt and not worth waiting the full 8 seconds before smashing icy carapace

parses as well as 51 pyro BUT I am pretty certain I can get more out of 51 pyro with a bit more practice
    "use the fire pet - turned his AOE spell off so he only was casting his single targets"

Fire pet's ae attack does not trigger a GCD, you lose dps by turning it off.

#show Lightning Strike
    cast Stormbolt
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Elemental Burst
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    petattack

This is my spam macro. They are order that way for the purpose of the ele 10% buffs.

Did 5800 on Ituziel. 6k is probably possible with good RNG.

Elemental Forces = DPS loss every time, IDk what they were thinking here.

Lightning Strike = DPS gain every time except when Rushing Elements is up. Your first IE cooldown rotation is very important. Pop IE, Lightning Strike > RE > then only spam instants until RE is over, then go back to using LS on cooldown and the rest of your spells.

0 Point Pyro with Flamebolt in the rotation looks like a DPS gain over something like Dom, or SC

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    "use the fire pet - turned his AOE spell off so he only was casting his single targets"

Fire pet's ae attack does not trigger a GCD, you lose dps by turning it off.
    I should of been more specific, I only turned it off to parse I don't want it hitting other dummies and inflating the parse

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Did 5800 on Ituziel. 6k is probably possible with good RNG.

Elemental Forces = DPS loss every time, IDk what they were thinking here.

Lightning Strike = DPS gain every time except when Rushing Elements is up. Your first IE cooldown rotation is very important. Pop IE, Lightning Strike > RE > then only spam instants until RE is over, then go back to using LS on cooldown and the rest of your spells.

0 Point Pyro with Flamebolt in the rotation looks like a DPS gain over something like Dom, or SC
    elemental forces was a dps gain in every test I have done so far, will try more parses with lightnig strike but so far have not seen an increase from using it

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    elemental forces was a dps gain in every test I have done so far, will try more parses with lightnig strike but so far have not seen an increase from using it
    Weird, It was a loss on every parse I have done. it even makes sense that it would be a loss because it doesn't trigger the cycles, and given that the cycles have no ICD you want to trigger them as much as possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast