+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Topology

Thread: I'm all lost in the Supermarket...

Default I'm all lost in the Supermarket...

...can no longer Mage happily....

when last in Rift I was doing some lvl 50 raids, but bored with end-game, so I took a break. Now I'm excited to see the new content coming and am trying to gear up, but...I SUCK! What happened to my pyro mage? I obviously need a new build, as I die far too easily.

I've searched thru a lot of bluedot guildes and googled around, but it's all either old or raid-based. Fooled around on my own but that hasn't worked (d@mn that stone tank pet sucks) .

I need a burst-based (dots bore me), not all heal-based (so not just playing cholo) build that is viable to solo around Emerald Isle while I try and get better gear and points for that honeycomb thingie. And a crystal, I guess, whatever that is. I'd rather not have a cast rotation of 10 different spells.

Please, please someone take a sec and point me in the right direction. You can just link a guide or build that you like. Thanks =)

(title is from the Clash, for you young-uns)

Ascendant

go pyro heard its pretty good dps.

Thanks for the response - you'll note that I am a pyro mage, but am looking for a specific mix that would help with survivability.

If you have four piece Tier 1 raid gear or two piece Tier 2 raid gear and the matching Chloromancer synergy crystal, I'd suggest running some type of Chlorocaller or Pyro/SC/Chloro spec for AoE grinding. That's what I do.

Just be ready for the nerfbat to hit when 1.11 goes live. The good news there is that your Elementalist pet will be much better suited for tanking for you when that does happen.

you may hold off on builds. They well all be void after 1.11 read the notes on all the mage changes.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ess-notes.html

it is alott for me to take in I'll wait for zam to release a builder

Quote Originally Posted by thune View Post
    you may hold off on builds. They well all be void after 1.11 read the notes on all the mage changes.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ess-notes.html

it is alott for me to take in I'll wait for zam to release a builder
    This is probably wise advice, I don't really want to train myself for something just to have to drop it and retrain. I've played SW:TOR and GW2 and it's made me forget a lot of my Rift abilities. It's just a bit depressing to die so easily as a Mage when solo'ing mobs.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Ascendant

Yeah pyro has no soloability whatsoever. For now you can try pyro/chloro, sc/pyro/chloro, or chloro/lock. Or heck even necro/lock.

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyKat View Post
    This is probably wise advice, I don't really want to train myself for something just to have to drop it and retrain. I've played SW:TOR and GW2 and it's made me forget a lot of my Rift abilities. It's just a bit depressing to die so easily as a Mage when solo'ing mobs.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

if you want to test out builds copy to pts 1.11 is up and testing work train builds as money is not real on PTS just give feed back
    I'd look at SC/ele/lock possibly SC heavy on AOE
    I love pets So I'm looking into ele/necro/lock a heavy pet build with a small self heal to hopefully solo
    Last edited by thune; 10-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.

I'm playing with a pyro/chloro for soloing stuff. It works pretty well.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/#iG1hk8x0/FkGAgxkg/G

One point remaining in the spec I linked you.

Basicaly how it works : pull lot of mobs (with withering), once packed : radiant then firestorm .
    For mono you have a burst : heatwave, also burst heal but holy sh*t situation (essence surge) and you can have a very descent healing too spaming vile spores if needed (in IA for exemple).

If you wanna know, it's a spec I use sometimes on ituziel when raid healing is kinda weak. I can pull 2000hps +2000dps at the same time easily ^^ .
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

dbe
    General of Telara

I do a 46/20 pyro chloro and solo just fine with it. Tons of utility.

Necrolock also solos reasonably well.

However, it's all changing in 1.5 days so might wanna hold off til then. I don't see chloro hybrid specs going away, but pet specs (especially elem) may get a lot better.

Plane Walker

With the LGV changes, stormcalller with a handful in chloro works pretty nicely. Well it did when I was on the PTS. You need a bit of gear to pull it off I guess but it was funny picking up 6 mobs and aoeing them down and finishing on full HP. Pet specs are good if you're feeling too squishy/undergeared to facetank mobs.

+ Reply to Thread