+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Build - Proc Question

Telaran

Default New Build - Proc Question

Hey, I hit 50 today with my mage and Ive spent a while theory crafting with my playstyle and landed on a 51/15 Warlock/Archon

Ive got almost everything sorted accept what I should be hitting on Opertunity proc. Its a toss up between Life Leech and Pillaging Stone.

I should point out that this is a farming/solo/survivability mage.

Thoughts of Life Leech vs Pillaging Stone?

Thanks

Assuming Life Leech is one of the first things you cast, you'll most likely get an Opportunity proc when LL is already on your target. In that case why not use the proc on Void Bolt? It does more damage and refreshes LL for you.

I wouldn't use it on Pillaging Stone unless you don't have your five stacks already.
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mohawks View Post
    51/15 Warlock/Archon

farming/solo/survivability.
    15 Archon does not help a soloing warlock much... if you are really set on it stop at 11 points for Leeching Flames and put the other 4 in Necro for death damage.

give 10 ele (more crit, reduced incoming damage) 5 necro (death damage) a try if you haven't yet. that's how I'd solo with warlock.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    15 Archon does not help a soloing warlock much... if you are really set on it stop at 11 points for Leeching Flames and put the other 4 in Necro for death damage.

give 10 ele (more crit, reduced incoming damage) 5 necro (death damage) a try if you haven't yet. that's how I'd solo with warlock.
    I noticed that this is the standard build. Thanks. I will give it a try this weekend.

I am looking into both suggestions. Btw, I love the survivability of the archon (3 buffs + armor + shield) but like almost everyone that doesn't use 51 archon as utility its just a pain. (because of the macro system you still have to hotbar 4 of those abilities on top of your normal rotation).

I really enjoy the utility type roles, but I hope Trion looks at fixing the roles so they simplify things. Archons and bards already loose dps because of the role choice. I'd like to see a standard rotation that uses most of our abilities without having to hotbar 6+ abilities or have to be a programmer to macro.

Just my 2c. Hopes for SL

Thanks again guys. I'll post back when I find a build that I like

Telaran

I found that the warlock spec is best suited for raid dps and not everyday farming. While the DoTs add up over time on a single target, its painful on trash mobs.

I have already switched to 51/15 ele/chloro

Much better burst dps and the pet takes care of aggro quite well. Thanks for the help guys

peace

Quote Originally Posted by mohawks View Post
    Much better burst dps and the pet takes care of aggro quite well.
    Are you still liking this build? I'm also looking for a solo, non-dot build for PvE at lvl 50. Could you link your build and rotation? And how do you get your pet to hold aggro? I tried adding one to a mostly Pyro build, but he was too lame to hold aggro well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyKat View Post
    Are you still liking this build? I'm also looking for a solo, non-dot build for PvE at lvl 50. Could you link your build and rotation? And how do you get your pet to hold aggro? I tried adding one to a mostly Pyro build, but he was too lame to hold aggro well.
    sure

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....EtIkRgkAtz.-7

I use basically 4 macro/rotations:

1) aggro - send in pet

#show Ignite
    suppressmacrofailures
    focus [yourpetname]
    petattack
    assist [yourpetname]
    cast @focustarget Icy Carapace
    cast @focustarget Ignite

(your greater earth pet has an aggro AoE, but if someone is still hitting you target and spam)

2) DoT Heal - keep that guy alive

#show Radiant Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focustarget Radiant Spores
    cast @focustarget Withering Vine

(should only have to spam once, 2 clicks)

3) Once 1&2 are up its time for the spam damage dealer

#show Crystalline Missiles
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast @focustarget Crystalline Missiles

(as long as 1&2 are up just spam this

4) Charge Dump - Once your charge is full

#show Elemental Forces
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Elemental Forces

(self explanitory)

** side note that I also hotbar Quicken Elements to heal pet and Bloom to heal me. Here is my Bloom macro:

#show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Ice Shield
    cast @self Bloom

Good luck and I hope this helps

Cheers!!

Telaran

forum edit was giving me some admin error... anyway wanted to add:

*** Dont Forget buffs... Lifebound Veil, Synthesis, Synergize, and Elemental Armour. Cast searing vitality on the little critters for instant stam boost... I know im mean

+ Reply to Thread