+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PVP] Help with a Pyrodom Bleedz/Medusa Type Build

Shadowlander

Default [PVP] Help with a Pyrodom Bleedz/Medusa Type Build

Now that I have my full "T2" set (not weapons) of of PVP armor, and runed up a bit, grabbed the Conquest source engine etc. I have a question on doing my job properly.

As we know, even if you're not running around like an idiot by yourself in a warfront (that's a job better suited for PR40+s) you can run into a cleric/warrior combo that just has their act together.

I almost always target the cleric if I can eyeball him, and Transmorg, debuff, interrupt, and nuke. I try to let the rest of the gang beat pointlessly on the warrior, as they tend to do.

Problem is... I just can't burn down a cleric. I've tried and tried.

Assuming I'm not totally out geared, do you have any suggestions for torching a healer that's worried about keeping his tank up and primarily ignoring me?
    Nagamra - 60 (R61) - Seastone
    Vapours - 20x - Seastone

Haunting pain, then heal debuff then T.I/transference/mana drain, thats gonna be your best way to beat a cleric that out ranks you

transmog cleric, kill warrior, profit.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Well you will have trouble with a 2 vs 1 especially if they both out rank you. You will have to put switch between targets and keep your polymorph haste buff up using that spec. Use Ti on the warrior while they are trying to button mash their way to victory. I can't give your a specific rotation because it depends on the situation. Use LOS when you can, your environment. You will want to mana drain the cleric, SS the warrior and kite them away.

Otherwise a warrior is usually, FB, poly, SS, FB,FB, Ti(while they try to press their macro key on you) etc and they usually explode.

Edit timer: ahh misread your post. A cleric healer is too general of a class to give any useful information of how to take down when undergeared. Poly full duration, mana drain them. FB, Countdown, Heatwave Fbs,

TI if they don't cleanse,void shroud, accelerated decay(You want to apply debuffs when they are aren't CC'd so it actually affects their abilities.)

The key to killing healers with pyrodom is prep & burst.

Start off by softening them up. Mana drain and debuff them. Transference, Incompetence, Void shroud, Accelerated Decay. I use a charge builder/debuff macro.

#show Transference
    cast Transference
    cast Incompetence
    cast Void Shroud
    cast Accelerated Decay
    cast Countdown
    cast Neural Prod
    cast Searing Vitality

Mana drain and use Traitorous Influence on them as well, as this will both damage and drain mana. Then purge them and then comes the burst. Also remember that making them heal is a good way to drain mana.

Notice how so far I have not CCed them at all. As I want to save my DRs for the burst. The key to killing a healer is bursting them down before they can react with a heal, not really out DPSing their HPS. You want to throw the damage faster then they can react.

Most the time I save my split just for healers. I pop split, dot them with SV so the splits attack them and then I squirrel them for the burst, throw my Storm Shackle if they seem like the type to run with it on, then lay in with my fireballs. Squirrel them again if needed and spam my fireballs. If I get a Cinder Burst proc I wait until my mini squirrel burst is done before throwing it as I don't want to waste any time on the cast speed buff.

I also keep a finisher macro set up for some quick damage that is not dependent on my CC burst.

#show Thunder Blast
    stopcasting
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Transference
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Neural Prod
    cast Searing Vitality

They are listed in the order: No travel time highest to lowest damage then travel time to highest to lowest damage. Except of course for Searing Vitality.

Inferno pops up when your opponent is close to death, giving you somewhat of an indication of when to use it. However sometimes it is better to get your opponent closer to death before you use your finisher, as Inferno is a hard hitting spell with no travel time. You have to make a judgment call on that one. You can also get more damage off the macro if you toggle on IC.

But all in all, the key to killing a healer is preparation and burst.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 10-10-2012 at 09:52 AM.

A bit more on healers.

Just wanted to note that you may have to do more then one round of debuffing/purging/mana draining before you enter your burst. It will depend on your target, if it is an inexperienced healer then they will use high mana heals ineffectively and their mana will disappear much sooner (should target these type of healers first). If it is an experienced healer then it may take more work before you are ready to move in for the kill. Just don't waste your DRs, only squirrel a healer when you are ready to kill them or you need to incapacitate them temporarily to kill someone.

Also there are a few healers out there that are just awesome, and killing them will be extremely difficult. Not that it can't be done but it is typically more work then what it is worth to try and kill them directly, it may be better to remove their support first before focusing on them. Or if there is too much healing support then you may want to consider withdrawing from that conflict and trying a different approach.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 10-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Prophet of Telara

@Jeremiahcp

You forgot about casting Haunting Pain before debuffing. A good cleric will just dispel your debuffs if you don`t protect them with HP stacks.

Putting Searing Vitality in a macro with Neural Prod is pointless as it will never be cast.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    @Jeremiahcp

You forgot about casting Haunting Pain before debuffing. A good cleric will just dispel your debuffs if you don`t protect them with HP stacks.

Putting Searing Vitality in a macro with Neural Prod is pointless as it will never be cast.
    "You forgot about casting Haunting Pain before debuffing. A good cleric will just dispel your debuffs if you don`t protect them with HP stacks."

I did not forget it, I stopped using that spell a long time ago. Haunting pain is not worth casting and if they stop healing to cleanse all the better for me.

"Putting Searing Vitality in a macro with Neural Prod is pointless as it will never be cast."

Certain dot spells can be cast when you have lost facing on your target, also SV is a fire spell which can proc an instant cast Cinder Burst. I thought that was a basic concept of mage macros more so with SV and CB procs.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    @Jeremiahcp

I was just going to type this same thing...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    [I]
    Certain dot spells can be cast when you have lost facing on your target, also SV is a fire spell which can proc an instant cast Cinder Burst. I thought that was a basic concept of mage macros more so with SV and CB procs.
    Ah, that would be it.

Though, spamming SV is kinda pointless. <_< I tend to hard cats SV in most of my build sthat use it. >_>

Haunting pain is not worth casting and if they stop healing to cleanse all the better for me.
    Please explain to me how haunting pain is a waste, any good cleric will see these debuffs and attempt to cleanse, haunting pain prevents this forcing the cleric to run around and cleanse to remove the stacks whilst taking damage from SS if applied or continue healing whilst taking large damage themselves/drain themselves and everyone around them

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Please explain to me how haunting pain is a waste, any good cleric will see these debuffs and attempt to cleanse, haunting pain prevents this forcing the cleric to run around and cleanse to remove the stacks whilst taking damage from SS if applied or continue healing whilst taking large damage themselves/drain themselves and everyone around them
    Are you hard casting that SS and HP? And if not then are you ready to use your DRs and bust them to death? And if you are rdy for the kill, then instead of playing around with debuff why not just kill them?

HP is a waste of a speed cast and not worth a hard cast.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 10-10-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Are you hard casting that SS and HP? And if not then are you ready to use your DRs and bust them to death? And if you are rdy for the kill, then instead of playing around with debuff why not just kill them?

HP is a waste of a speed cast and not worth a hard cast.
    The clerics that i focus on draining mana and debuffing them are the ones that i know i wont be able to kill, spamming fireballs on them wont kill them/they can just heal through it whereas forcing them to burn through their mana or completely stop any healing and cleanse for 5+ seconds. When there are good healers on both sides and a stalemate of sort happens, the mages burning out the healers mana is a game changer and haunting pain followed by debuffs forces them to react. just dropping traitorous/transference etc will allow them to cleanse and carry on

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    The clerics that i focus on draining mana and debuffing them are the ones that i know i wont be able to kill, spamming fireballs on them wont kill them/they can just heal through it whereas forcing them to burn through their mana or completely stop any healing and cleanse for 5+ seconds. When there are good healers on both sides and a stalemate of sort happens, the mages burning out the healers mana is a game changer and haunting pain followed by debuffs forces them to react. just dropping traitorous/transference etc will allow them to cleanse and carry on
    I have a suggestion, why don't you try out my approach. I have tried your approach, a long time ago, and over time I have learned that HP in most cases are not worth my DRs. I don't really care to argue it endlessly though.

+ Reply to Thread