+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valnak

Thread: Stotmcaller boost?

Default Stotmcaller boost?

Hey everyone (Esp Devs XD)
    I was wondering if the stormcaller class can get a big boost for storm legion especially because stormcaller was the original Rift air class, not to mention this expansion is, well, storm legion. Any feedback for or against this idea would be greatly appreciated. TY for your time.

Stormcaller is still amazing for AoE encounters. What boost are you wanting to see with it?

Let's wait until this weekend (SL beta) then remake/bump this thread if needed.

Until then, not much point in discussing it.

Rift Disciple

Fairly sure there's and NDA in effect during this beta weekend. Though I'm guessing there will be beta forums to discuss this sort of thing.

Plane Walker

I'd like to see stormcaller get a no-cooldown ground target aoe that scales like firestorm does in 36/30.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    I'd like to see stormcaller get a no-cooldown ground target aoe that scales like firestorm does in 36/30.
    Really? I'd like to say every ground target skill converted to be enemy targeted. Still dropping on the floor at that location but getting rid of the point and click pointlessness for those of us that dont have naga's etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Really? I'd like to say every ground target skill converted to be enemy targeted. Still dropping on the floor at that location but getting rid of the point and click pointlessness for those of us that dont have naga's etc
    I agree with this or have a mechanism similar to Guild Wars 2 where you can toggle the ability to simply drop the effect where your mouse currently is when you activate the skill.

Didn't see any silly GTAoE for the new warrior soul... kinda lame we are stuck doing the ground targeting. i fully support getting rid of such things.
    Kurona
    <Negative Ghostrider>

Plane Walker

Stealing the GW2 GTAOE target would be great.

the reason I like GTAOE is for aoeing little mobs, it's slow/awkward to make sure you're cleaving the big one or the least likely to die, cause if your target dies or goes LOS during your cast bar, you get no dps... or if it moves into a bad spot you get lesser dps... warrior AOE never has this problem from what I can tell, it just wrecks everything nearby!
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Kind of funny how half the people in this thread are complaining about having GTAoE while the other half are complaining about not having it...Especially when the SC has both ground targeted and enemy targeted...

Considering the fact that SC can do the most AoE of any mage soul and is also able to put out decent ST DPS (and if the fight involves high mobility SC can do more DPS than other specs), I really fail to see how this thread even got started. There are plenty of other facets of the mage to complain about, why waste time on something that doesn't need to be fixed?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    Kind of funny how half the people in this thread are complaining about having GTAoE while the other half are complaining about not having it...Especially when the SC has both ground targeted and enemy targeted...

Considering the fact that SC can do the most AoE of any mage soul and is also able to put out decent ST DPS (and if the fight involves high mobility SC can do more DPS than other specs), I really fail to see how this thread even got started. There are plenty of other facets of the mage to complain about, why waste time on something that doesn't need to be fixed?
    I have no problem with them, i like being able to plant an aoe on the ground.

My problem is the way they are used. I shouldnt need to select a skill then drop the circle on the ground in the right place, i just want the option to drop it on a targets location via a single keystroke/click.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    Or just give pyros fireball-fanout. Instant cast, no-CD fireballs hitting 8 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Mage View Post
    Or just give pyros fireball-fanout. Instant cast, no-CD fireballs hitting 8 targets.
    Please dear god no!!

+ Reply to Thread