+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro/Dom advice.

Telaran

Default Chloro/Dom advice.

Dusted off my mage and beginning to play him again. So its quite some time and i was wondering if anyone has any advice on the chloro/dom spec for me. What i am looking for is some help on what would you say is the best sigil to use i.e valor or go for sp or now the new conq vengence option. I am level 45 (pvp ranking) atm but warriors just burst me down so easily its pathetic, no more than a speed bump for them. Is it just waiting to get to level 50 and get the better gear and hopefully last longer or am i doing something badly wrong. Also i think i have worked out how to optimise my healing but anyone have any tips on how to do this efficiently. I have read seraphim's explaination and its good but looking for more info if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Valor. Chloro/dom is a survivability build, through both self-healing and dominator cc.

Telaran

so all valor essences then, no hailstone tideshard or any healing greaters ?.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Healing greaters are a toss-up since you can't guarantee they'll proc on you, so Valor provides a more predictable amount of mitigation.

And again, I can never emphasize enough the utility of getting some lucky squirrels off and running away (lucky in that they don't have a break and don't have a previous squirrel's DR on them).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

You should definitely run both shielding greaters if you have them.

Also I would toss up between CQ and alsbeth or eggs shielding trinkets - your call.

But definitely the greaters.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rapp3d View Post
    so all valor essences then, no hailstone tideshard or any healing greaters ?.
    CQ sigil. 4x25, 1x33 valor and 1xpve\sp essences..valor seal, R50 items is good start and you will notice a slight difference . It can be a bit frustrating before that, but it is part a character progression, just chill when u got owned , don't forgot PA, it is big boost.

At least 1 vs 1 u do "something badly wrong" if you not won most duals.. no matter what class.. so there is little hope. I do not like fairly poor burst DPS but yea, one of the best build for 1 vs 1, gank and WZ.

Telaran

ok thank you for the advice on the sigil and i ll work towards that. How you deal with warriors/rogues though they just seem to shrug off my debuffs and pummel my face into the ground in about 0.0005secs.

My rotation is this, if it needs improvement please feel free to leave advice.

squirrel - storm shackle- transferance - dps with natures fury - ruin - radiant spores - withering vine - squirrel - TI - storm shackle - more dps- if have to splits. Now obviously i must be doing something wrong cos most of the time i dont get the chance to live for long after this.

On a seperate question am i right in assuming that reflective prescense will reflect brostorm ? or will relfective command work.

Any more helpful advice greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Rapp3d; 09-29-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rapp3d View Post
    My rotation is this, if it needs improvement please feel free to leave advice.

squirrel - storm shackle- transferance - dps with natures fury - ruin - radiant spores - withering vine - squirrel - TI - storm shackle - more dps- if have to splits. Now obviously i must be doing something wrong cos most of the time i dont get the chance to live for long after this.

Any more helpful advice greatly appreciated.
    Hmm I don't have any rotation for PVP but vs melee maybe something like:

squirrel (insta)- storm shackle (fast cast)- Death's Edic "stun" (fast cast), take distance and same time split (insta) and Traitorous Influence, squirrel again- Nature's Fury (fast cast)- another spell whit cast time (fast cast)-, kite and drop insta spells (ineptitude is OK vs melee), use Thunder Blast to take distance. Heal when need -> insta bloom, ES, Flourish.

At least don't use withering vine and if u see enemy is keyboard turner, use it, it's give much bigger advantage than kite.

PS. don't forgot use Deny, CF 2/3 might generally works better and keep EV always up.

+ Reply to Thread