+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OH Question

Rift Master

Default OH Question

Need help trying to understand this. Anybody working on ID not using a 2H is most likely using the Scion in their OH. It's built for an Archon once the Heart is attached to it. It also becomes the highest gear score item once the Archon buff is used.

Here is the question, A) if it gets upgraded, does it proc off Burning Purpose from any Archon in group/raid or self buff only? B) Assuming no archon in party/raid, then is the second best OH then in the game going to be Word of Maelforge as it doesn't need any external buffs to activate?

Rift Chaser

Only the person wearing the Upgraded OH can proc the buff.

That being said its a waste of a heart ( which you only get once a week... ) if your not going to be playing archon.

Personally i'd wait for Staff / Word of Maelforge, you'll only get a minor upgrade if your not archon as the proc would be useless.

If your archon already has one, no one else in the raid cares and having terrible RNG on mage drops than sure go ahead... but i don't think its worth it.

As far as BiS, i'm pretty sure the Staff Proc puts it a couple SP ahead of MH/OH combo but the Mh/Oh Combo has more Base stats and the Dmg proc
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-27-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadezz View Post

That being said its a waste of a heart ( which you only get once a week... ) if your not going to be playing archon.

Personally i'd wait for Staff / Word of Maelforge, you'll only get a minor upgrade if your not archon as the proc would be useless.

If your archon already has one, no one else in the raid cares and having terrible RNG on mage drops than sure go ahead... but i don't think its worth it.

As far as BiS, i'm pretty sure the Staff Proc puts it a couple SP ahead of MH/OH combo but the Mh/Oh Combo has more Base stats and the Dmg proc
    the only reason eternal sands is highest score is the raid buff (SPx5 people) is taken into account. you don't actually see that much SP on yourself just the buff x1.

for personal DPS prodigality or WoM/HFoM combo are the best and with both procs up are exactly equal in SP (york stated this is intended design, so neither style is favored over the other) though the MH/OH combo does have very slightly higher base stats
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Word of Maelforge slightly edges out Eternal Sands without taking the proc into account. Eternal Sands barely edges out Word of Laethys, if you weight crit very slightly (I use 0.06:1). To proc the extra damage you must be 51 archon with Burning Purpose up for the self buff that causes damage on debuffs. Crits of this trigger the proc.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hadezz View Post

Yeah, no point in using ESoL unless you are archon (or have ridiculously bad luck with drops).

I did the math on the proc rates and it basically works out so that MH/OH and 2H have almost identical stats (assuming equal PA). So I'd wait for a Laethys staff to upgrade with Heart or get a Hellfang and Word of Maelforge.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

+ Reply to Thread