+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draining spec for Leathys.

Telaran

Default Draining spec for Leathys.

Hi,
    I can't find any decent draining spec for leathys.

All I found was some 32 pyro / 18 lock / 16 domi - barely 1,1k dps.

Saw a guy in my raid using this spec and going over 2k without problems.

What's the trick?
    I'm new to draining role. Any tips will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Mejaia; 09-24-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Shield of Telara

We have our chloro's drain along with one dedicated transference mage supported by a couple of melee rogues with debilitating poison.

Hitting the DPS checks is trivial now with the nerfs so you can err on the side of more drains than less.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    Hi,
    I can't find any decent draining spec for leathys.

All I found was some 32 pyro / 18 lock / 16 domi - barely 1,1k dps.

Saw a guy in my raid using this spec and going over 2k without problems.

What's the trick?
    I'm new to draining role. Any tips will be appreciated.
    If you want to have Transference this is good:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....MciuikV0bz.-7

Use normal pyrolock rotation with the addition of Split Personality.

Havent tested if your spec is better but I would guess that this spec is better especially if you Sheep in phase 3.

The spec you mentioned does good dps, well over 3k in p1 although it tails off in p2 when you are draining more often.

I took a slightly different approach to draining during progress and went with 49 lock, 17 dom and 0 archon http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qqtk.McVhMk.-7 . This does 3k+ dps in p1 and 2k+ in p2/p3 as your dots are always rolling even when draining. Having Neddra's essence to solo soak an orb is handy and so is instant sheep as the p3 adds move quite fast and if they get to melee you can have problems with warrior aoe breaking the sheep.
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Chaser

run Defilemancer... Let your rogues drain with archon + 51(s) backup just before storm.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird
    Hitting the DPS checks is trivial now with the nerfs so you can err on the side of more drains than less.
    It's not about my ego. Last night for the first time we hit enrage time on Leathys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadezz
    Hadezz
    run Defilemancer... Let your rogues drain with archon + 51(s) backup just before storm.
    Sure. But sometimes you might be low on rogues and then you have to send a mage to do that job.

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad
    Heatwave. What's the trick with this spec? I mean, you have to drain energy. Mana Wrench is a 6s channeling spell with 10s cooldown. So, if you use it every time it's off cooldown you have about 4 seconds to cast other spells. If you add Transference to that draining combo you'll have 3-3,5s to cast dot's/fb's. Or maybe I'm getting this wrong and I have to use mana wrench only during Golden Breath's / Subs, please correct me.

Heatwave. What's the trick with this spec? I mean, you have to drain energy. Mana Wrench is a 6s channeling spell with 10s cooldown. So, if you use it every time it's off cooldown you have about 4 seconds to cast other spells. If you add Transference to that draining combo you'll have 3-3,5s to cast dot's/fb's. Or maybe I'm getting this wrong and I have to use mana wrench only during Golden Breath's / Subs, please correct me.
    the only ability of laethys that will wipe you is treasure storm if you fail at draining so concentrate on dps / reflects the rest of the time
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemo View Post
    the only ability of laethys that will wipe you is treasure storm if you fail at draining so concentrate on dps / reflects the rest of the time
    Erm... Yes I do know the fight, mechanics. Golden Breath and Sub are energy boosts.

Don't drain on CD. You can usually ignore draining in p1 if you have transference and enough rogues keeping her energy low. Storm CD is also one minute in p2/3 but can take as long as 1.5 minutes sometimes so just start keeping her energy lowish at the 50s mark with the archon/chloros helping if you want to be safe.

Telaran

I use the 16 Dom 32pyro 18 warlock spec. - with heatwave and firestorm
    We have rogues draining In the raid also.
    In phase one we only drain in the time before treasure storm, I will hit mana wrench 10 seconds before Treasure storm, then transference, then one more mana wrench as she is casting in case she gets a gift, you get enough time between the transference and the second mana wrench to cast one void bolt to make sure LL doesn't fall off.... The other dots will though.
    No one in the raid drains at any other time
    You actually have time for one full round of dots and heat wave (timed with flaring power of course) before she casts.
    Add haunting pain to your rotation, on Cd, it's a dps gain.
    I can easily go well above 3k for the first phase doing this, more if the raid needs extra dps on the adds, I sometimes stay st on laethys, and sometimes aoe the adds, depending on what the raid needs.
    Second phase the timer for treasure storm is not consistent, but she has her own 1 minute cd, so just watch the timer and only drain when it is at least 50-55 seconds after the last one and she has energy, if she is doing another mechanic, like piles, she not treasure storm until after that. Use your drains wisely though, sometimes it can be even longer between treasure storm. Dps can go as low as 2k in this phase if you spend like 30 seconds draining because she might cast it, but that's just the way it is.

For phase 3 I have managed fine without instant squirrel, just have to be quick, and I did have to eat an orb once as I didn't want to run to the raid because I needed to cast squirrel, I got my cast off, died and was ressed in plenty of time to refresh it.
    I do feel that transference isn't really needed now though, especially because it is only useful phase 1

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lisea View Post
    I use the 16 Dom 32pyro 18 warlock spec. - with heatwave and firestorm
    We have rogues draining In the raid also.
    In phase one we only drain in the time before treasure storm, I will hit mana wrench 10 seconds before Treasure storm, then transference, then one more mana wrench as she is casting in case she gets a gift, you get enough time between the transference and the second mana wrench to cast one void bolt to make sure LL doesn't fall off.... The other dots will though.
    No one in the raid drains at any other time
    You actually have time for one full round of dots and heat wave (timed with flaring power of course) before she casts.
    Add haunting pain to your rotation, on Cd, it's a dps gain.
    I can easily go well above 3k for the first phase doing this, more if the raid needs extra dps on the adds, I sometimes stay st on laethys, and sometimes aoe the adds, depending on what the raid needs.
    Second phase the timer for treasure storm is not consistent, but she has her own 1 minute cd, so just watch the timer and only drain when it is at least 50-55 seconds after the last one and she has energy, if she is doing another mechanic, like piles, she not treasure storm until after that. Use your drains wisely though, sometimes it can be even longer between treasure storm. Dps can go as low as 2k in this phase if you spend like 30 seconds draining because she might cast it, but that's just the way it is.

For phase 3 I have managed fine without instant squirrel, just have to be quick, and I did have to eat an orb once as I didn't want to run to the raid because I needed to cast squirrel, I got my cast off, died and was ressed in plenty of time to refresh it.
    I do feel that transference isn't really needed now though, especially because it is only useful phase 1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPengo
    Don't drain on CD. You can usually ignore draining in p1 if you have transference and enough rogues keeping her energy low. Storm CD is also one minute in p2/3 but can take as long as 1.5 minutes sometimes so just start keeping her energy lowish at the 50s mark with the archon/chloros helping if you want to be safe.
    Ok, that gave me some conecpt on how to use wrenching.

I'll prolly prepare 2 builds. One with 49 points in lock and the other one with HV and firestorm as you said.

You really do not need to constantly drain Laethys.
    The only time i can recall it ever being an issue is P1, in which case you will want to drain more often due to the adds giving her energy every now and then and of course golden breath.

It is better to time your drains along side her breaths.
    Keep track of when she uses treasure storm and you should never have an issue draining her before Storm goes off.

Transference is a waste really, and should only be used if you are really having problems with mana draining due to a lag of mages/rogues.

Ascendant

Rely on drainer rogues more. Better raid dps.

We use 4 Drainstalkers... Mages dont have to drain at all unless she gets boost from the add in p1 when ST is about to happen, transition between phases, and sometimes at ST in later phases.. So pretty much drain every minute or so.

For those drains, we use 2 51 chloro 15 doms and 1 51 archon 15 dom. She drops energy pretty quick.
    Retired

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast