+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer Question

Default Pyromancer Question

Is Withering Flames worth using over Internalized Charge?

Also, is Wildfire worth the 3 points?

It depends on what spec you are playing.

For 36/30 Pyrolock the accepted practice is to only use withering flames right as heatwave ends so as to get the damage boost for the full channel while only wasting 1s of the cooldown.

Wildfire is a good investment at that point in Pyro, it is better than Imp GoP but not as good as Spark.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It depends on what spec you are playing.

For 36/30 Pyrolock the accepted practice is to only use withering flames right as heatwave ends so as to get the damage boost for the full channel while only wasting 1s of the cooldown.

Wildfire is a good investment at that point in Pyro, it is better than Imp GoP but not as good as Spark.
    As Primal said. Tip: Start Sacrifice Life: damage around 5s-midway through Heatwave so that you can reach a full charge bar to spent on Withering Flames at the end of Heatwave.

Wild Fire should be 3/3 in 36 30 pyrolock... and 2/3 in 38 28 Defilemancer
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Thanks for the help =]

Plane Walker

That help!

Just when HW ends is like the only time you DONT wanna use Withering Flames. :P It should be used on Cooldown throughout the entire fight and you should NEVER end you Heatwave with it. That is a dps-loss. Best use of Withering Flames should get down your Fireball % from about 31-32 to about 29%.

I cannot recall any points in which I could fit in a withering Flames, the entire channel, during pyrolock.
    I would imagine it would have to be after a Searing Vitality since the 6s channel is the same as it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    I cannot recall any points in which I could fit in a withering Flames, the entire channel, during pyrolock.
    I would imagine it would have to be after a Searing Vitality since the 6s channel is the same as it.
    Noone is forcing you to use the entire channel :P. Just cancel it if you want to. In fact its bad to use the entire duration since you will get charge-starved.

Quote Originally Posted by mr3onion View Post
    Noone is forcing you to use the entire channel :P. Just cancel it if you want to. In fact its bad to use the entire duration since you will get charge-starved.
    Ah, what wold you suggrstion be then? Allowing it to tick until one of your DoTs need to be re-applied?
    Seems a little worrisome though I imagine it does mean you never have to worry about combust stacks dropping.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Ah, what wold you suggrstion be then? Allowing it to tick until one of your DoTs need to be re-applied?
    Seems a little worrisome though I imagine it does mean you never have to worry about combust stacks dropping.
    When you have about 4 sec without refreshes you can instead of using 2 fireballs using 4 tick of Withering Flame without really getting Charge-starved. Also you can use Withering as you said to refresh combust even if the window before refresh is only 1 tick of Withering.

These 2 are the best uses of Withering that I can think of. I think its a straight up dpsloss to use withering right in the end of HW but it definately is a dps-loss since you will have cd on it for the next 30 sec and cant control your combust stacks as easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    Is Withering Flames worth using over Internalized Charge?
    No, charge has too many other potential uses to waste on that junk.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    Also, is Wildfire worth the 3 points?
    No, not unless you are scaling points for fire damage increase.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    No, charge has too many other potential uses to waste on that junk.
    Are you trolling or what? In the post above I just listed good uses of Withering flame. Read in the thread before you answer...

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    No, not unless you are scaling points for fire damage increase.
    Wildfire is worth it if you are a pyrolock.

Quote Originally Posted by mr3onion View Post
    Are you trolling or what? In the post above I just listed good uses of Withering flame. Read in the thread before you answer...
    If he's trolling, his post history shows an Andy Kaufman-esque dedication to looking like he's clueless.

+ Reply to Thread