Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Chloromancer in Storm Legion

Default Chloromancer in Storm Legion

So when I watched the Harbinger video they said something about the Chloro no longer using the "damage to healing" mechanic. What exactly are they going to do then? I mean the veils were what the Chloro is all about. Now what...?

Rift Chaser

I believe they said it will be based on cast time rather than dmg. But much like anything else about SL we know very little and noone will be able to adequately answer any questions until the full trees are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadezz View Post
    I believe they said it will be based on cast time rather than dmg. But much like anything else about SL we know very little and noone will be able to adequately answer any questions until the full trees are released.
    Base cast time, before any modifiers like Opportunity or Burning Purpose. Also still based on spellpower, so only +damage abilities no longer affect the healing.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Base cast time, before any modifiers like Opportunity or Burning Purpose. Also still based on spellpower, so only +damage abilities no longer affect the healing.
    By +damage abilities you mean EV / IC / SL: D / GoP / boss debuffs / other passives ?

Im assuming its an effort to make heals more constant between different builds and grp setups?

Edit: I guess if i listened to my own previous post i would know those questions are probably unanswerable and not worth asking

Herpa Derpa
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-21-2012 at 07:49 AM.

By +damage abilities you mean EV / IC / SL: D / GoP / boss debuffs / other passives ?

Im assuming its an effort to make heals more constant between different builds and grp setups?

Edit: I guess if i listened to my own previous post i would know those questions are probably unanswerable and not worth asking

Herpa Derpa
    Yeah anything that would increase your damage but not increase say Bloom. From what I gathered it's due to all of the issues stemming from relying on damage for heals like Valor and immune/decreased damage targets.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Plane Walker

Herpa Derpa
    As you said we dont know alot but if I were to guess you are correct. Right now Clinging spirit and the likes make chloros heals hit harder in some groups than others.

And also its probably a step in the right direction for pvpers where (-%)dmg-modifiers make chloros less powerful (aka valor)

Oh I see. Thank you guys =]

I'm worried about this change, to be honest. It makes me nervous because I have a certain order that I use my various CD's that increase my damage in order to boost my healing, and I don't really want to lose that. If people are complaining about Chloromancers being unable to heal in certain situations, I genuinely feel like they're just not utilizing their abilities to their full potential. If this has something to do with PVP, then make alterations to how a Chloromancer works within a warfront.

Still, I'm looking forward to the expansion to see what the changes will do to what is currently my favourite soul in the entire game.
    Guild Leader, Synergy
    The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

If Kervik decides my feedback isn't designed to balance chloro in SL then I will be forced to mail him some sort of sugary (or salty) delicacy to entice him. I know Elrar likes donuts but I have to leave the sprinkles on. What did sort of fellow did Kervik look like? Truffles? Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Individually hand roasted mixed nuts (salt optional)?

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

i really hope chloro isn't very appealing in Storm Legion (except for PvP ).

5 mages in a raid.
    1 archon
    1 chloro
    3 DPS

would be a shame to only have 1-2 DPS mages per raid (in ID 2 and sometimes 3 chloros were often used in progression)...was really sad.

Plane Walker

When they get the changes out on to the PTS this thread will be a lot busier initially the beta crew able to publicly discuss the changes but shortly after everyone else. Chloromancer is a distinct subset of players in rift moreso than a lot of specs and roles and trion have said they're changing the central premise of the class. I can't discuss further until demonstrating knowledge of the changes doesn't imply an NDA breach.

5 dps mages would be the best for raiding ! :P
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

5 dps mages would be the best for raiding ! :P

Obviously won't happen, but I can but dream
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Plane Walker

Chloros still heal just fine..change is good, as a general practice (implementation isn't always so great..). Doing things the same way year after year is mind-numbing. I hope some of the changes they've already made stay, and a few others get cleaned up a bit..but overall, I'm happy with how I can heal as a mage.

Champion

Herpa Derpa
    The obvious solution to that is to add a simple modifer to those abilities.
    "Increases Damage and Healing by X%."

somehow, I seem to recall there being several abilities like that...
    Last edited by SinisterDeath; 10-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast