+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DPS comparing.

Telaran

Default DPS comparing.

Hi guys,
    Last time I was here you told me not to beat up with my dps till I get better gear. So I'm here, 2250 unbuffed SP.

I've been training 38w/28p and 31w/35p for a while now.

Theese are my results with 2543sp / 1091crt [5min parses on dummy, using SimpleMeter]

38w/28p -----> 3152dps using Shaeyl's dot rotation
    15% countdown / 15% fireball / 12% defile / 11% sv / 11% LL / 9% fb / 9% combust / 7% Dt/ 5% vb /4% cb / 1% SL;DMG

31w/35p ------> 3052dps
    29% fireball / 16% combust /13% flamebolt / 11% cd / 9% sv / 8% LL / 5% CB/ 5% dt / 5% vb / 1% SL;DMG

Any other mage here with similar SP that could post his parsings?

Isn't 3,1k on a defilemancer a little low number?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    Hi guys,

The number you will get is of course dependant on personal skill, but also which proc things you have(for example amop and mael relic weapon) and the ability lag on your server (if you have any). I think with bis gear full pa and trinket swap etc a defilemancer should be at around 3700-3800 on simplemeter. Though since 1.10 alot of people are experiencing lag and some servers even had lag before I doubt alot of people can max-parse atm because of lag.

Telaran

In the morning lag isn't that bad.

The number you will get is of course dependant on personal skill
    Yes, I do know that. And also I'd like to know "where am I". Am I even close to get max out of it with my gear, or should I spend another week hitting dummies.

Prophet of Telara

Remember the "rotation" will never be as high as someone who is a master of freeflow defilemancer.

That said ive seen people with the same sp and using the "rotation" pulling 3.4ish on the dummy so you are losing dps somewhere. Myself i was always freeflow and with identical spellpower i easily push 3.6-3.7k.

% wise your fireball could be higher, all my top parses are around 17% fireball.

All that said 1.11 is around the corner and its all but certain defilemancer will die and/or change markedly. With 3.1k on dummy youre more than good enough for the whole of ID so i wouldnt sweat.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

I think you could do higher, I've managed 3.4 in defilemancer with similar stats and that was far from a flawless execution.
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Plane Walker

In the morning lag isn't that bad.

Yes, I do know that. And also I'd like to know "where am I". Am I even close to get max out of it with my gear, or should I spend another week hitting dummies.
    Yea but its hard to say since you didnt say if those stats were with amop or conquest trinket for example. And if you were trinketswapping, good/bad rng etc. What I tried to say was that it comes down to so many things its hard to say based on dps and breakdown.

Rift Disciple

3k+ on a prac dummy unbuffed? I guess it has a lot to do with PA, because I only have 35k points in PA.

I guess I use free form ... I don't have a dot rotation, I just hit them as they come off unless something is more important to hit. Go go Gadgets: Buffs!

Unbuffed using AMOP and no Pillaging Stone, I'm at 1918 sp and did 2.5k damage on the dummy. That's 300 sp less than what the OP has, and I'm in all ID gear. o_O Granted, my main and off are HK ... but still.

20.7% fireball (518)
    13.4% Countdown (334)
    12.2% Defile (306)
    11.5% Searing Vitality (11.5)
    10.9% Life Leech (273)
    9.7% Combust (243)
    7.7% Flame Bolt (191)
    6.5% Dark Touch (162)
    4.8% Void Bolt (120)
    2.3% Cinder Burst (56)
    0.3% Breath Stealer (9)
    Last edited by Morank; 09-19-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morank View Post
    0.3% Breath Stealer (9)
    Didn`t know that maelforge drops old aky legendaries
    Would say your weapon miss some sp as well ;)
    Last edited by Soulshield; 09-19-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Morank View Post
    3k+ on a prac dummy unbuffed? I guess it has a lot to do with PA, because I only have 35k points in PA.

I guess I use free form ... I don't have a dot rotation, I just hit them as they come off unless something is more important to hit. Go go Gadgets: Buffs!

Unbuffed using AMOP and no Pillaging Stone, I'm at 1918 sp and did 2.5k damage on the dummy. That's 300 sp less than what the OP has, and I'm in all ID gear. o_O Granted, my main and off are HK ... but still.

20.7% fireball (518)
    13.4% Countdown (334)
    12.2% Defile (306)
    11.5% Searing Vitality (11.5)
    10.9% Life Leech (273)
    9.7% Combust (243)
    7.7% Flame Bolt (191)
    6.5% Dark Touch (162)
    4.8% Void Bolt (120)
    2.3% Cinder Burst (56)
    0.3% Breath Stealer (9)
    DoT timers are incredibly important in this spec and is the reason your parsing so low...

Aim for 33+ Countdowns and 95% uptime ( with 20% bonus IC/SL: D) on all your dots, in a 5 min parse.

Also at a Dummy Spell Crit is very valuable, which is why Pillaging stone is valuable, you'll see a decent bump vs a standalone 40sp upgrade.

Lastly, pretty sure 2.8-3k was Avg with HK weapons before conquest.

Soulwalker

15% countdown / 15% fireball / 12% defile / 11% sv / 11% LL / 9% fb / 9% combust / 7% Dt/ 5% vb /4% cb / 1% SL;DMG

31w/35p ------> 3052dps
    29% fireball / 16% combust /13% flamebolt / 11% cd / 9% sv / 8% LL / 5% CB/ 5% dt / 5% vb / 1% SL;DMG
    A guildie and I got into a discussion about the DPS difference between Defilemancer and Pyrolock and we're both parsing about 100 DPS difference like the OP. Does this seem to be the case for most of you guys as welll?

5xPS/vial/pstone/feast/tablet/amop. use the BF crit parsing build and then hit the dummies until you get 5 stacks of amop. restart your parser right after you use an opp proc on PS to refresh stacks and then parse for 5 minutes.

This will give you the dummy parses that you crave for.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    then hit the dummies until you get 5 stacks of amop. restart your parser right after you use an opp proc on PS to refresh stacks and then parse for 5 minutes.
    so much effort to inflate a dummy parse :/

Instead should try to tighten dot timers and work on opportunity management >.>
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-19-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Your breakdown in Defilemancer is bang on for the dummies. The only way your fireball will go up is if you get great RNG (but never plan on it). If you have 15% countdown, I can guess you are refreshing your dot's well which is the clutch for doing well in the spec. When you are parsing in raids, the archon's casting speed buff will push your fireball up to 16/17% (my best parses are when fireball is 16%).

I don't usually parse on the dummies, but with your spellpower you can probably push another 200 or so with average RNG (keeping your countdown/fireball at 15%).

Also make sure you stand at a similar distance to where you would be standing in raids. Position can really inflate combust up time and ease of rotation with the spec. I usually plant myself ~20-25 meters away because it is the distance from where I stand on ituziel.

There isn't a way to tell, but if you are using Shaeyl's rotation but however min/maxing your charge to a great extent, IC will not line up with Life Leech refreshes. This can be really tricky, but when I am getting verse of joy etc in raids, I am using my extra charge...therefor SL is delayed...which means the next IC toggle for your void bolt will be some what thrown off. I am usually adding in a tricky IC toggle on a hardcast fireball to make sure my Life Leech is stamped with the 20% damage from IC.

All in all if you are looking into upping your DPS, it comes down to charge management when SL is off cooldown. That is why i put that LL bit in there. It is really hard to get a grasp on min/maxing your charge without burning purpose. Almost all of my dummy parses I do are with that one casting speed buff. Min/Maxing on the dummies without it can actually turn out to be worse for when you actually have the buff.

TLDR; make sure LL always is stamped with 20% damage, stand a reasonable distance from the dummy, min/max charge with burning purpose (if possible). Refresh those dots (try for double ticks if possible). Manage RNG well.
    Last edited by Berzz; 09-19-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    Your breakdown in Defilemancer is bang on for the dummies. The only way your fireball will go up is if you get great RNG (but never plan on it). If you have 15% countdown, I can guess you are refreshing your dot's well which is the clutch for doing well in the spec. When you are parsing in raids, the archon's casting speed buff will push your fireball up to 16/17% (my best parses are when fireball is 16%).

I don't usually parse on the dummies, but with your spellpower you can probably push another 200 or so with average RNG (keeping your countdown/fireball at 15%).

Also make sure you stand at a similar distance to where you would be standing in raids. Position can really inflate combust up time and ease of rotation with the spec. I usually plant myself ~20-25 meters away because it is the distance from where I stand on ituziel.

There isn't a way to tell, but if you are using Shaeyl's rotation but however min/maxing your charge to a great extent, IC will not line up with Life Leech refreshes. This can be really tricky, but when I am getting verse of joy etc in raids, I am using my extra charge...therefor SL is delayed...which means the next IC toggle for your void bolt will be some what thrown off. I am usually adding in a tricky IC toggle on a hardcast fireball to make sure my Life Leech is stamped with the 20% damage from IC.

All in all if you are looking into upping your DPS, it comes down to charge management when SL is off cooldown. That is why i put that LL bit in there. It is really hard to get a grasp on min/maxing your charge without burning purpose. Almost all of my dummy parses I do are with that one casting speed buff. Min/Maxing on the dummies without it can actually turn out to be worse for when you actually have the buff.

TLDR; make sure LL always is stamped with 20% damage, stand a reasonable distance from the dummy, min/max charge with burning purpose (if possible). Refresh those dots (try for double ticks if possible). Manage RNG well.
    Considering LL refreshes on VB impact; i've found standing 16-18m from dummy ( different for bosses because of hitboxes) gives enough travel time so that IC / SL: D is applied to all refreshes using Shaeyl's rotation, standing further you might have to let IC run a bit more after SV but shouldnt be too much.

So shaeyl's
    .... <VB>
    <FB(IC)><CD><SV>.....

will apply 20% to all LL refreshes w/o having to "hard" toggle IC, if you are standing far enough away.
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Plane Touched

Hi guys,
    Last time I was here you told me not to beat up with my dps till I get better gear. So I'm here, 2250 unbuffed SP.

I've been training 38w/28p and 31w/35p for a while now.

Theese are my results with 2543sp / 1091crt [5min parses on dummy, using SimpleMeter]

31w/35p ------> 3052dps

I'm at 2255sp unbuffed (well, defilemancer standard self buffs, no stones/flask/food/other), so quite similar. I'm parsing around 3k on the dummy atm (on laggy icewatch ) not adding anything to that. That is with adding 5xpillaging during the parse as well (i dislike the whole pillaging duelling/trinket swap shennanigans). I'm using "freeflow" i guess, since i have my karuul set up to aid my awareness.

I should probably be higher, but i suck at utilizing my internalize charge properly to be quite frank.

So, if you are parsing 3.1k with 2543sp/1091sc there is room for improvement ;)
    Last edited by Onds; 09-19-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast