+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support and the mage

Shadowlander

Default Support and the mage

I swear I am the only mage around who enjoys being arcon chloro =/ for groups or for questing. Its a ball for pvp. But i keep gettting treated harshly because of it. No idea why ether

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mendomain View Post
    I swear I am the only mage around who enjoys being arcon chloro =/ for groups or for questing. Its a ball for pvp. But i keep gettting treated harshly because of it. No idea why ether
    Would I like to go back before the nerf/buff to chloro where you only really have 1 heal void life, Sometimes you bet.

I loved healing 5s with 34/32 Archon/Chloro. Yup it was scary good. Buffing your group and healing too.

But it was so over powered Trion nerfed anything but 51 Chloro unless you so far over gear anything it's not worth having anythig but 51 for 5s.

People want to E-speen DPS. And they want to get done 5 mins ago. They hate anyone thinking outside the box. If Little Raid Boy says X works. Then anything doesn't. Why? Because they say so.

Get use to be kicked for thinking outside the box. If you are X as a warrior then you suck if it's not exactly like 24/7 Raider says a X warrior is. It sucks and people NEVER try anything outside of what a Raider says is the only spec.

Bards should do more damage. Archon should do more damage. So those who like to play those can do them in a 5 man or even a 10 man.

I'm sure with Warriors now getting a support class they'll do insane damage in them. And soon Bards or Archon will not be needed. Because Warriors will do more DPS doing a support class. And it will sadden me

Quote Originally Posted by Mendomain View Post
    No Sir, you are not the only mage that feels that way. I prefer to Archon in raids and will chose Chloro as second. Not sure why but really get in to the Archon role. Most other mages either don't have the soul tree or they do not know how to properly Archon.

The OP wasn't really specific what he's talking about but it didn't sound like raiding. It does suck that many mages are so obsessed with their numbers that they won't chloro or archon in a raid, even when both will increase the group's DPS much more than they personally will.

If he meant the chloro/archon hybrid spec it is a pretty cool spec for 5 and 10 man content, can be a very powerful healer and has some buffs as well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It does suck that many mages are so obsessed with their numbers that they won't chloro or archon in a raid, even when both will increase the group's DPS much more than they personally will.
    Possibly because its boring compared to mage DPS...hopefully SL changes that and makes Archon more fun to play. Chloro can be fun but only if you don't overheal which seems to be a common occurence during raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Possibly because its boring compared to mage DPS...hopefully SL changes that and makes Archon more fun to play. Chloro can be fun but only if you don't overheal which seems to be a common occurence during raids.
    Personally I find DPS much more boring but that's just me. Not to mention it takes all of my attention that I should be focusing on mechanics. Overhealing is boring for any healer ;)

Ascendant

Personally I find DPS much more boring but that's just me. Not to mention it takes all of my attention that I should be focusing on mechanics. Overhealing is boring for any healer ;)
    I find DPS more interesting for mage since it is something you actually have to really work at to get good at. While Archon/Chloro feels more like knowing your mechanics to be good at these, the "rotation" on either is not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I find DPS more interesting for mage since it is something you actually have to really work at to get good at. While Archon/Chloro feels more like knowing your mechanics to be good at these, the "rotation" on either is not difficult.
    That's just it though; you can be good at your job without full attention, but to be great at your job you have to adjust to the situation and your raid members.

one of the reasons I love Chlor/pyro hybrids.

great for 5, 10 or full raid content (raid/group heals) while also doing some dps, and the spec has lots of variety to it which makes it less boring.

granted its not as useful for 5s unless you have the crit/sp to back it up and know what you're doing.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Plane Walker

It does suck that many mages are so obsessed with their numbers that they won't chloro or archon in a raid, even when both will increase the group's DPS much more than they personally will.
    One of the reasons mages tend to dps is that the raid dps will be higher than if you used chloros. A wild growth is roughly 300 raid dps extra and mage dpsers does 500ish more dps than cleric dps. In some cases this is a good trade-off but mostly it is not, atleast not before SL when mages might not be as overpowered.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Much rather see a shift in how support role ccharacter/souls work with the buffs, debuffs, and such scaling off one fo our stats as well as off the ssize fo the group to keep their contribution to the group on par throughtout content from mall cale to large scale. Buffing there dps/hps only really make them less support trlly, and more dp with much more support tools then a standard dps would. Also though each of the foour role hould play a important an meaningful role in the group that synergizes well with the other roles in the group, like actually making tank an dps manage their threat over it being all on the tank, giving upport abilitie to help with threat management would then give them a ssecure place in the group over just being for undegeared/new players. same with having tools to help a healer puh out higher healing to compenate for a lower geared tank, or healing intensive fights.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Bards should do more damage. Archon should do more damage. So those who like to play those can do them in a 5 man or even a 10 man.
    Archon ST damage is not bad, it's the lack of good aoe that hurts them. Bard dps is low but their main attack is also a heal.

+ Reply to Thread