+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage spec/macro

Soulwalker

Default Mage spec/macro

I decided to create a mage, kind of new with them so any help would be nice. I decicded to go with elemental/pyro/necro. At the moment I am lvl 13 and I cannot find a good macro. right now I am 11/3/2. Any help with a good build/macro for this spec would be greatly appreciated.

No macro. It is a mage so you need to know what every ability does and use them separately, however that doesn't mean every ability is worth using. I don't know much about Elementalist but you want to use Crystalline Missiles a lot and use the Earth pet (but use a different one for dungeons). You might want to switch out Necro for Chloro or something, there is not much use in having Elementalist and Necromancer in the same build.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-12-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Ascendant

There isn't a lot of macros to use in any mage spec unless you go 51 archon which you are a long time out from using ;)

Soulwalker

Thank you guys for the advice I appreciate it.

For an Elementalist spec you can macro Lighting Strike and Crystalline Missile together, while maintaing Ignite separately. For a Pyromancer spec (working towards 51) you can macro Flame Bolt, Countdown, and Fireball together, and use your Cinder Burst procs manually.

As far as Mage leveling specs, Elementalist and Necromancer are both good options, but not together. You might take up to 5 Elementalist in a necro build for 5% crit chance, but there are better options. If you like Elementalist, I'd pair it with 6 to 11 Pyromancer for Glyphs of Power and maybe up to Flicker. Archon is a very common third soul, as the buff from Pillaging Stone is great for a 0 point ability. I personally leveled Mage using a Chlorolock spec that ended up at 34 Chloromancer / 32 Warlock I believe, but I'm not a fan of pets.

+ Reply to Thread