+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro/Lock rotation and tips?

Default Necro/Lock rotation and tips?

Hey

What's the best rotation to use for single target and multi target and what cooldowns should i pop? What pet to use in pve and just general tips and tricks for a new player? Macros and so on, Thanks!

Plane Walker

Cooldowns macro, use it early and often but mind that Crypts depletes your charge, if you run out the zombies disappear early-

#show lich form
    cast lich form
    cast exhume
    cast [notactive] empty the crypts

always use the zealot pet, send him in with this macro-

#show looming demise
    cast looming demise
    petattack

other than that, keep your three death dots ticking and build charge with void bolt, then spend charge on Soul Purge or Crypts. If you want max DPS you also have to keep casting Grave Rot under your target to boost your pet damage.

AOE you don't have much. Open with grave rot. If you have Radiate Death and Neddra's Grasp from warlock, target a central monster and cast Dark Touch then Grasp then Radiate to spread dots. Then cast Devouring Shadows a lot. Cast Mortality when you have a full charge bar as it does more DPS than Shadows, but remember you have to move next to the monsters to hit them with it.

So i shouldnt use plague bolt at all? Thanks alot btw

Oh and is there a specific spec? Because i used the Grave Lord preset thingie

Plane Walker

Plague bolt is your spam nuke only if you go 44 (or really, 51) necro and can get the instant bolt procs and the improved PB skill. For a necro-lock, spam void bolt and grave rot.

Grave lord preset is probably fine but here's how I would go for the first 31 levels - get lich form first - after that just climb up the warlock tree taking damage skills or whatever looks fun.

Thanks!

Will this spec also work at lvl 50 PvE?

Use the abilities that enhance your pets abilities, in most cases this means keep Looming Demise, Necrosis, and Deathly Calling stacks up on all enemies (Grave Rot and Plague Bolt for deathly calling). For ST just spam plague bolt otherwise, for AoE spam Grave Rot and Devouring Shadows

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NecroByte View Post
    Thanks!

Will this spec also work at lvl 50 PvE?
    You will do subpar dps but it works.

What proffessions are good?

Bump

I just dinged lvl 50(yay!) Which planar attunement should i choose? Death looks nice

Plane Walker

PA is a long road so don't worry too much - by the time PA is meaningful you should have plenty of plat to respec if you need.

Your first step is to boost your max planar charges to 9 by taking the +1 skill from each tree. After that I think Fire has the best stuff: Int, mount speed, and flaring glyph. PA glyphs temporarily buff your weapons, and Flaring glyph is the only PA glyph worth using as mage.

You should also start grinding Conquest Points in conquest - the permanent perks you gain are very strong and apply in PVP and PVE.

Do you know where i can buy the best/good planar essences for my sigil of the five?

not to be a ****... but most of these questions have already been answered before...

Here I decided to help you out though... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Best+in+slot+Mage+Essences+1.10 here are you best in slot mage essences

+ Reply to Thread