+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Mana Wrench

Prophet of Telara

Default Mana Wrench

It says it drain power from a enemy.

How long does the drain last? Doesn't say.

Is it a snap shot drain talent where you use it and the Boss is drained if casted before he using something? Doesn't say.

I know people use it in ID.

I know Trion did away with tooltips telling you anything about a skill or talent, mostly.

Don't think I've seen it anywhere on exactly what Mana Wrench actually does other than, "it drains power from a enemy." Yeah I know but.................

Thanks for the replies I hope

It's a little vague but the "over 6s" means it's a 6 second channel, it drains mana/energy/power that whole time (on each tick every 1s)

Soulwalker

I know Trion did away with tooltips telling you anything about a skill or talent, mostly.
    i remember a time when u could read a tooltip and know exactly the magnitude of every ability. I hate whoever thought this was a bad idea....

Anyway if i remember right, Mana Wrench drains 5power/energy per second. If spec'ed into imp. mana wrench, then it drains 6/7/8. Also, (pvp time) it drains 4% of the enemies mana and when spec'd, then drains .5/1.0/1.5 % more. [This % also has a cap = to that % of your mana]

So that 6second channel drains once per second, for a total of six ticks. With imp. mana wrench spec'd, this means that 1 channel would drain a total of 6 x 8 power = 48 power or 6 * 5.5% = 33% mana. The power drain is useful on laethys; the mana drain is useful in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by D and C View Post
    The power drain is useful on laethys; the uncleansable mana drain is OP in pvp
    Corrected for you
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Corrected for you
    learn to interrupt/knockback/silence?

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Corrected for you
    Effeil, stop trolling.

The power drain is useful on laethys; the mana drain is useful in pvp
    The power/energy drain is also useful in PvP.

Example: Warrior is attacking a friendly. Transference or Traitorous Influence combined with mana wrench can render the Warrior unable to use any ability for the duration of the Mana wrench channel, after using an attack to fully deplete his/her power.

Though the Mage can't do anything else while channeling, effectively canceling himself out. But it's nice to save someone while other people are DPS'ing him
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

i remember a time when u could read a tooltip and know exactly the magnitude of every ability. I hate whoever thought this was a bad idea....

Anyway if i remember right, Mana Wrench drains 5power/energy per second. If spec'ed into imp. mana wrench, then it drains 6/7/8. Also, (pvp time) it drains 4% of the enemies mana and when spec'd, then drains .5/1.0/1.5 % more. [This % also has a cap = to that % of your mana]

So that 6second channel drains once per second, for a total of six ticks. With imp. mana wrench spec'd, this means that 1 channel would drain a total of 6 x 8 power = 48 power or 6 * 5.5% = 33% mana. The power drain is useful on laethys; the mana drain is useful in pvp
    As a point of fact, it drains 4% + .5 / 1 / 1.5% of the caster's maximum mana from the enemy.

+ Reply to Thread