+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earth Resist Laethys

Rift Disciple

Default Earth Resist Laethys

Is it just me or does Earth Resist for Laethys seems completely useless as a chloro above 8k+ HP?

Rift Disciple

Also, fire resist seems completely unnecessary for most of fire wing (except maybe conclave or maelforge) and rusila is a joke with ER, don't even need it.

yeah taking more damage is always a good idea

Ascendant

You definitely need it in P2/P3 to a degree, atleast get your earth sigil on and chest/shoulder runes, I use a DPS potion instead of ER potion and am a cleric so I am sure Chloros could get by on the same. If you are just learning P1 and wiping a majority of the time, with the reduced damage to orb, I wouldn't bother with it, there really is no combo damage anymore that can kill you in that phase. In conclusion...p2/p3 the raid damage is pretty heavy so you would be detrimental to the raid by not using ER. Think about it like this...if you take more damage you are eating up smart heals when they could be better served for someone else if you had more ER.

in other words... if you don't use resist and anyone in the raid dies, it's your fault.

Sub is percent based, Orbs and Molten Gold tickle, and no ranged should ever get hit by Tail Lance. The only mechanics that expose a lack of ER now is Auric and Storm Treasure.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Auric is essentially the one tht wil kill you.
    Around 275 earth resist it was ticking for around 1.8k to 2.5k
    Really can't understand why it was so low that one time but there you go.

It depends if you're draining or not. If yes, I'd say wear it. It's sometimes better to take a Tail Lance than to break a Mana Wrench channel. Likewise if you run a tight healing setup you might want to stand in a couple ticks of Molten Gold in P1. Unless your ER source machine is horrendous there's not a good reason not to wear it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Sub is percent based, Orbs and Molten Gold tickle, and no ranged should ever get hit by Tail Lance. The only mechanics that expose a lack of ER now is Auric and Storm Treasure.
    See this. This is exactly why I find P2/P3 laethys with ER useless. Granted, my guild just hit P3 and we are doing pretty well on P3 (still learning), but P2 the auric just seems like it's healed through by chloros + at least 2-3 senticars with DoLs. The DoLs are more than enough to combat the ER loss.

Everything else is mechanics, avoidance basically.

If I don't put on my ER set, I go up at least 60 SP. That's more healing.

I wish I could bring my BiS Sigil and runes to every fight and not worry about resistance.

I wish resistance was covered by a special rune or item instead of having to build up sigils for every elemental battle (upcoming Air /facepalm).

Or I wish every essence was properly optimized and did not have redundant/weak stats.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 08-28-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Unless your ER source machine is horrendous there's not a good reason not to wear it.
    Well to be fair even the BiS ER sigil is horrendous.

+ Reply to Thread