+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone got a new solo build I can try?

Soulwalker

Default Anyone got a new solo build I can try?

Especially if it would work well for Ember Isle! I have a very difficult time getting around there, because I either have to avoid everything, or kill everything one at a time or I get overwhelmed (Pyro/Lock = ST).

I'm geared to the point that all my gear is equal-to-or-better-than the gear you buy with plaques (upgraded versions).

I've also used the premade 'Gravelord' by Trion, but that's a really slow build that doesn't get me anywhere very fast... looking for a bit more speed, if possible.

If you think I should just stick with Pyro/Lock, then that's cool, too. I guess I need more gear is all, haha.

Rift Disciple

Try a hybrid healer variant (pyrochloro or chlorolock). Notice the ever important chloro part: healing is necessary, and chloro is tankier than other souls. If those don't work for you, then 51 Elementalist. Pyrolock is horrible for soloing, even when overgeared.
    Last edited by magisbladius; 08-25-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Ascendant

It is going to be slow going on EI until your gear improves a fair bit more, if you find necro to be slow the chloro builds will make you want to rip your hair out - you will be tough but take a long time to kill anything

you could try elementalist/ stormcaller but your pet will not hold aggro on multiple mobs while you AOE them.

elemtalist with pyro or chloro works well

Necro with warlock has pretty good damage and a tonne of survivability - you do need to manage the pet well to get the most out of it

Necro with Dom is a fun spec but not as good as it once was, also a lot of your cc will be resisted and elite mobs are immune to lots of it, same applies to stormcallers slows and snares

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by magisbladius View Post
    Try a hybrid healer variant (pyrochloro or chlorolock). Notice the ever important chloro part: healing is necessary, and chloro is tankier than other souls. If those don't work for you, then 51 Elementalist. Pyrolock is horrible for soloing, even when overgeared.
    Pyro/Lock has actually done pretty well for me. My issue is, obviously, survivability; with no combat heals, and the only non-combat heal being charge-dependent, I often myself in precarious situations. But I can still kill stuff fast... though I can only do one mob at a time if I wanna live, and as long as I can kill it before it kills me, I usually come out as a win, and with enough charge to refill my health and move on.

The Chloro, you're right, is pretty damn slow... I've never soloed it before, but when I'm in a team and occasionally Chloro-heal, I can just tell my DPS is worse than bad... so I have an idea of how bad it would be in terms of speed-slaying them mobs on EI :P at least I'd be near-invincible!

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    It is going to be slow going on EI until your gear improves a fair bit more, if you find necro to be slow the chloro builds will make you want to rip your hair out - you will be tough but take a long time to kill anything

you could try elementalist/ stormcaller but your pet will not hold aggro on multiple mobs while you AOE them.

elemtalist with pyro or chloro works well

Necro with warlock has pretty good damage and a tonne of survivability - you do need to manage the pet well to get the most out of it

Necro with Dom is a fun spec but not as good as it once was, also a lot of your cc will be resisted and elite mobs are immune to lots of it, same applies to stormcallers slows and snares
    I've been debating about trying out something with the Ele or SC souls; those are the only two mage souls I haven't really done anything with (cept Dom, but like you said, not as good as it used to be based on what I've read).

Thanks for the advice, the both of you. I'll see what I can make of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Necro with warlock has pretty good damage and a tonne of survivability - you do need to manage the pet well to get the most out of it...
    +1 Necrolock is superb for soloing on EI....very quick kills too!

You could try the build here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...farm-mage.html

Although it might fall apart if you don't have the chloro HK crystal, I think there's a number of specs mentioned throughout that thread that aren't as gear dependent as pyro/sc/chloro.

I started using the spec when I was already way geared, so I don't know how it fares with low gear.

34/32 Chlorolock is the most survivable mage build and with liberal use of SLD and Entropic Veil (alternating) as well as Nature's Fury and Corrosion on cooldown it can do decent enough damage in AoE.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....EdIh0A00Ro.-7

+ Reply to Thread