+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Stormcaller

Shadowlander

Default 51 Stormcaller

I want to do a 51 stormcaller build. I know its not the best build right now but I enjoy going 51. My question is what should i pair it with. Where should i put the remaining 15 points?
    Last edited by Jay Jay; 08-22-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Is it for PvP, dungeons, or open world?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    I want to do a 51 stormcaller build. I know its not the best build right now but I enjoy going 51. My question is what should i pair it with. Where should i put the remaining 15 points?
    It does depend on what you are looking to do. From my messing around with SC i actually dont think its worth goin above 44 points - altho i have one at 48 atm.

So, you could try 48 SC / 18 chloro for a solo aoe spec

If you really want 51 im not sure what would benefit the most, i would consider 10 in warlock. You could gain opportunity, extra charge, regenerate and SL:Mana.

15 dom would get you deny, degen & mana wrench long with thunder blast being pretty handy in a sticky situation

11 in pyro would gain flicker and a slight cast time reduction

15 chloro would get you a heal, a cleanse, veils, ruin and radiant spores before aoe gives you a nice 5 sec damage boost.

After that im pretty much out. For a dungeon aoe spec i would probably lean towards warlock or chloro. In PvP i would be looking more to dom. I would honestly recomend though thay you drop SC points to 44 for greater benefit elsewhere from other souls.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ukrz..e0cbk.-7
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ukrz.xL.x0z.-7

Glyphs of Power is your best investment any way you go in terms of damage increase. The biggest problem you'll see with Stormcaller is it's a HUGE mana-sucker. With both of these builds you'll have more charge up-time for CB/LF spam. The first one will be higher damage output. Opportunity is not great for this build because it has a 1.5s GCD. Thunderbolt and Forked Lightning are both 1.5s cast times, and Icicle should only be used when it's instant-cast anyway. Opp procs would mostly be wasted on your electrified builders. That build will have more mana problems, though, especially in sustained combat.

As others have suggested, though, you might want to try 44 SC instead, or 36 SC / 30 Pyro.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 08-23-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ukrz..e0cbk.-7
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ukrz.xL.x0z.-7

Glyphs of Power is your best investment any way you go in terms of damage increase. The biggest problem you'll see with Stormcaller is it's a HUGE mana-sucker. With both of these builds you'll have more charge up-time for CB/LF spam. The first one will be higher damage output. Opportunity is not great for this build because it has a 1.5s GCD. Thunderbolt and Forked Lightning are both 1.5s cast times, and Icicle should only be used when it's instant-cast anyway. Opp procs would mostly be wasted on your electrified builders. That build will have more mana problems, though, especially in sustained combat.

As others have suggested, though, you might want to try 44 SC instead, or 36 SC / 30 Pyro.
    That's for pve, but for pvp you want Opp proc, without it it's hell (it's still hell with it but to a lesser extent)
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Shadowlander

Thanks for replies. I tried some of these and then found 51 sc just isn't that good atm. I'm doing a 36sc/30pyro

Came here to ask the exact same question. Thank you guys. Will check out the links. More are welcomed of course, so feel free to post builds, macros and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    That's for pve, but for pvp you want Opp proc, without it it's hell (it's still hell with it but to a lesser extent)
    Anyone asking for Stormcaller PvP advice is beyond my assistance so I just assumed PvE. Despite these forums I sometimes forget that this game has PvP, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Despite these forums I sometimes forget that this game has PvP, tbh
    Let's do some forum pvp!

*Throws white gloves on Stroopwafel's right cheek*

LET'S BEGIN

^^
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Let's do some forum pvp!

*Throws white gloves on Stroopwafel's right cheek*

LET'S BEGIN

^^
    You just one shot him! NERF bat, please.

Someone remind me again why Lightning Burst got nerfed by 30%?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    You just one shot him! NERF bat, please.

Someone remind me again why Lightning Burst got nerfed by 30%?
    Because it was basically a no cooldown Fulminate with splash AoE damage thrown in for good measure. Granted there was some setup time and the fact that you had to play a Stormcaller in pvp to do it.

+ Reply to Thread