Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Jegro 51 Pyro PVP Vid

Soulwalker

Default Jegro 51 Pyro PVP Vid

recorded and edited this vid in about 2-3 hours << got bored..enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyjRU8Lk684

still pretty new to sony vegas/editing sry if bad quality, thanks for view

edit: tried to upload the video a few times at higher quality but kept gettin stuck in processing if anyone is familiar with uploading vids to youtube ur help would be appreciate thx
    Last edited by Cowboy3287; 08-21-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Thank you for the tasteful choice of music. Very well done.

Since I play 51 pyro more than any other spec in pvp I'm going to help you out. You can ignore this if you want, but if you want to kill better people with it (Hitting people for 2k+ with one fireball = they're bad) you need to change your playstyle, or else you're just using a gimped Pyrodom.

Get rid of that macro.

Change your build to 51/11 ele / 4 Archon. This gives you exposure. Put it on everyone you see.

Learn how to burst correctly and effectively, that is Killing someone who has full health in less than a few seconds with very High SP.

Instead of spamming Flamebolt and countdown on people, assist off your teammates with IGNITE. Save Flamebolts. You will get a CB proc very quickly. When you get one, pick your target(blue bar). Cast exposure on them, and start casting Fireball and while Fireball is casting spam your CB button. This will cause the spells to fly through the air at the same time, and while they're both in the air, Flamebolt and Immediately finish off with an IC'd Inferno. 1 KB (Sometimes the two spells will hit so hard you can just immediately Inferno). You can repeat the exact same sequence with Fulminate, and add a Lockdown before exposure. They will die 99% of the time, unless It's some tank spec Warrior. That is because They're taking the damage of 3 high powered spells in less time than anyone can react. Want to make sure they're dead with this combo? Add a Soul Remnant which is off the GCD.

For healers, do the same thing except, use backdraft. You can make it so BD and Fireball hit at the same time with ability queues. Wait until the healer takes a little bit of damage, enough that you know you can kill them, but they still think they're health is in ok shape. Fireball + BD(Hit at the same time) Immediately Inferno = 1 KB (usually)
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 08-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Shadowlander

ur overcomplicating an easy spec, and i do honestly think most of the things you said are wrong.

1. wasting gcd's to spam exposure on every target gimps damage significantly...

2. not keeping flamebolt up for the 10% spell dmg is also fairly dumb, i tested it and my flamebolt hits harder than ignite+ignite's dot, so holding flamebolt to use ignite makes ABSOLUTELY no sense, flamebolt also applies combust while ignite does not. I mainly just use ignite if I'm on the move and flamebolt/countdown are on CD, flamebolt can allow ur CB to be instant as well? so idk why u said as if using ignite was better bcuz of that...they both do

3. with your fireball, while spamming CB idea, pretty much anyone whose played pyro for over an hour figures that out....and also with my macro thats what happens anyways lol, fireball cb flamebolt inferno

4. u waste alot of gcd's on pointless things especially considering how most warfronts flow nowadays, everything is a frontloaded burstfest, by the time i'd put up exposure/lockdown the target will be dead lol

I'm usually very good with criticism but when I see so many blatantly wrong and illogical attempts to gimp my own dps I had to respond, also one last thing...i play many specs all the time, i just decided if i was going to make videos id make them one spec at a time...i play pyrodom ALOT and saying this is a gimped pyrodom made me lol

welcome to rift pvp forums zzz
    Last edited by cowboydan; 08-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Bustabust@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    ur overcomplicating an easy spec, and i do honestly think most of the things you said are wrong.

1. wasting gcd's to spam exposure on every target gimps damage significantly...

2. not keeping flamebolt up for the 10% spell dmg is also fairly dumb, i tested it and my flamebolt hits harder than ignite+ignite's dot, so holding flamebolt to use ignite makes ABSOLUTELY no sense, flamebolt also applies combust while ignite does not. I mainly just use ignite if I'm on the move and flamebolt/countdown are on CD, flamebolt can allow ur CB to be instant as well? so idk why u said as if using ignite was better bcuz of that...they both do

3. with your fireball, while spamming CB idea, pretty much anyone whose played pyro for over an hour figures that out....and also with my macro thats what happens anyways lol, fireball cb flamebolt inferno

4. u waste alot of gcd's on pointless things especially considering how most warfronts flow nowadays, everything is a frontloaded burstfest, by the time i'd put up exposure/lockdown the target will be dead lol

I'm usually very good with criticism but when I see so many blatantly wrong and illogical attempts to gimp my own dps I had to respond, also one last thing...i play many specs all the time, i just decided if i was going to make videos id make them one spec at a time...i play pyrodom ALOT and saying this is a gimped pyrodom made me lol

welcome to rift pvp forums zzz
    Pretty much everything you said is wrong, and you're video is a montage of you struggling to kill a bunch of rank 20's. Is Deepwood in the Seastone battle group? I don't think it is, and therefore I'm not surprised you don't play against anyone even remotely good. You use a "DPS" macro... wow that right there should discount almost anythign you have to say about...anything.

Your build isn't even even optimal, or the best 51 Pyro. Exposure is not a waste of a GCD when you're up against a warden with 1400 Valor and you have a 1s GCD. You're build is the autistic cousin of a 45/21 Pyro dom. Saying the best Snare in the game + a 5% damage debuff is a waste because of Front loaded burst? What would you know about front loaded burst when you're spamming countdown on people?

That's not an Idea, that's how you play 51 Pyro. Not many people know this, most mages just know how to steal KB's with Inferno and think they're pro.

You waste alot of GCD's on pointless things. Using Flame bolt for Combust in pvp? One of the dumbest things i've ever read. Meet the new breed of Conquest baby rank 50's, everyone!

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Shadowlander

you countered 0 of the points made with any factual statements, u could simplified ur post by saying
    "lol i think i'm better than you"
    what about flamebolt doing more dmg than ignite, even with ignites dot? and using flamebolt for more combusts=more countdown damage, and yes we should all spam exposure bcuz everyone i meet in warfronts is a full p50 warden with 1400 valor zzz, ur an elitist who just wanted to stroke ur epeen in ur post
    ur ideas might be ok for organized 5v5 or 10v10 but even then id say most of them are wrong
    Bustabust@Seastone

Shadowlander

wait so are you telling spamming tab ignites on random people until you get a CB proc then putting up exposure on a 1400 valor full p50 warden and doing fireball/cb/inferno is going to kill him? interesting...HAHAHA, ur gimping ur own damage, but have fun with that

face the facts, 51 pyro is a joke spec, its not hard to play lol, that was the point of my video cuz i see alot of mages on this forum struggling and saying mages suck when i usually get 2-3x top damage every warfront and no its not hard and im not skilled lol, but ur ideas are just plain wrong and a waste of time, why do this [--------------------] for this [-]

what does conquest have to do with anything? as opposed to grinding warfronts for rank 50? makes sense....

only thing you said that was right was that i could use backdraft/lockdown more, other than that, nope
    Last edited by cowboydan; 08-23-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Bustabust@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    That's not an Idea, that's how you play 51 Pyro. Not many people know this, most mages just know how to steal KB's with Inferno and think they're pro.
    Freakin' killing blow stealers!

@To both of you : I consider a good pvp mage a mage that has a unique effective playstyle. Same is said with all the other classes. If it works with him, it works with him.
    Last edited by Effeil; 08-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

I have been switching back and forth between 51 pyro w/ lock and 51 pyro w/ ele. But yeah...what screamo said, make use of the pyro travel times...especially when you get those wardens..ugh

Kind of dissapointed it seems that there is a way better pool of skilled players in the seastone pvp pool. I havn't really found a semi decent challenge in a while it is more of melting rank 29 scrubs who make it into the matched warfronts. I was really hoping normalization was going to make it but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    Kind of dissapointed it seems that there is a way better pool of skilled players in the seastone pvp pool.
    There really isn't, despite what they like to think. Unless Seastone has had a massive influx of new players since December that are masterful PvPers, they are the same garden variety scrub that you'll find on every other server. And considering that everyone always complains that all the serious PvPers have already left, I highly doubt it.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Freakin' killing blow stealers!

@To both of you : I consider a good pvp mage a mage that has a unique effective playstyle. Same is said with all the other classes. If it works with him, it works with him.
    I like to reflect and cleanse your dom stuffs, i like the challenge.
    --BC

This argument can clearly only be solved by a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    I like to reflect and cleanse your dom stuffs, i like the challenge.
    Damn you're OP if you do that, you're cleansing stuff that I don't even have in my spec :O. I'm not a pyro/dom!
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Damn you're OP if you do that, you're cleansing stuff that I don't even have in my spec :O. I'm not a pyro/dom!
    Not the same effeil in the seastone cluster?
    --BC

Well Pyro is all about burst. If you can get all of your burst on someone at once (which means getting lucky with procs) than you can wipe someone out. What I do, is put a Countdown on them. Then, begin to spam fireballs. If I get a CB proc, I cast another Fireball, then follow it up with the instant CB or Opoortunity proc (I run 51 Pyro 15 Lock 0 Archon). Both land at the same time. Use instant Flame Bolt when those two hit for an extra bit of damage. Hopefully the proc was at a good time so Countdown hits at the same time as well. If you get free Flame Bolt procs, make sure you keep the damage buff up before you nail em with those 3-4 spells at once. Top it off with Inferno, and you are in good shape.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast