+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: PvP spec.

Telaran

Default PvP spec.

Hey,
    I'm on my way to prestige rank 50. (46 and 95% atm)

I would need pvp build, something different from 45 pyro 21 domi , 51 warlock or stormcaller aoe grinding build (I like to use that one in Conquest). I'm getting bored. I saw earlier today a Mage, guardian mage with Lifegiving Veil buff, Glyphs of Power and Split Personality. Of course, he used squirell and spammed FBs, but this build looked kinda nice and fun to play. Do any of you use build similar to his? Can I have link to that, please?

Or if you have other suggestions for me, feel free to post links, I'll give it a shot.

Plane Touched

A spec with pyro/dom/chloro the way you describe it would probably be something like that:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sc0uhRq.xdb.-5

10 chloro is probably to proc greaters essences with LGV and get the Natural Awereness bonus. it just adds some more survivability in pyrodom.

Personally, i m bored of playing pyro, but if i had to play a pyrodom variant I d prefer to play a spec like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uhsq0sz.xdb.-5

As for other builds... unfortunately we are quite limited dps wise since many souls have serious problems.

You can try chloro/dom for support, chloro/pyro for some healing, dmg and survivability.

Or perhaps some of the least popular builds like 44 necro/22 warlock or other combinations of 44 necro. Which has many instants (with epidemic), last grasp for those who get heals (usually everyone since there are always some AoE heals) and corpse explosion which can be stacked with no limit if i m not mistaken. And make sure to have the pet on passive and set up some macros to have better control of your pet, something like:

petattack
    cast Necrosis

to make sure your pet attacks the target with necrosis (rogue pet gets a bonus when target is affected by necrosis)
    and have the folow pet command in a convinient key-bind or in a macro.

I also have some warlock specs in mind, but since u dont like 51 warlock i suppose u wont like them either.

Maybe i ll think of more specs later if u still want more ideas...

Know though that mage's survivability should come from pre-kiting in most (if not all) cases, so learn to pre-kite with each spec before u decide that u dont like it

I use this sometimes (from memory as I can't login atm). It has some pretty nice tools and damage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0VzV.xdc0mo.-5
    Vamoosh - P40 Rogue
    Vanessa - P50 Mage

Telaran

Thanks for replies.

I'm bored and tired of pyro too. For some time I was using 51lock. Dot, dot, dot, dot.....
    I just reached r50, bought weapons, still got 1 favor vial, maybe I'll go farm staff / wand and give a try to your builds.

Plane Touched

the specs I use are pretty straightforward and nothing special if you get on these forums regularly.

Pyro/Dom is probably my least favorite spec out of them though, but I like to use it for PVP dailies cause it kills quick and is still a vlid PVP spec.

Chlorodom (31Chloro/35Dom)
    is probably my most used spec since it has a bit of everything for PVP.
    It's essentially a Pyrodom though, but instead of Fire stuff you get Life/healing stuff.
    Less overall damage, lots mroe survivability.

Chlorolock (35Warlock/31Chloro)
    Is my more tanky pvp/cQ spec since it allows me to keep moving, has some good defensive CDs and esp in CQ, just keep running and spamming abilities with NF/VS on Opportunity procs.

Then there is the 51 Warlock you don't like.
    I basically just use the PVE rotation for 51 lock/7pyro/8necro for this in PVP.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

51 Dom.

/endthread
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    51 Dom.

/endthread
    YOLO

/caps

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    51 Dom.

/endthread
    What about warfronts? Isn't 51 domi mage useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    Plenty of people like to group up and ignore their debuff bars in warfronts to make it useful

Also see: cabicar

Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    It is far from useless if you know how to play it. I'll try to get some footage of a successful Warfront as a Dominator. It's all about awareness, skill timing, and some luck with the DR.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread