+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vampiric Essence

Telaran

Default Vampiric Essence

Just respeced my PA to get this (only 20k, was spent into fire PA for the 120 SP glyph)

Waste of a respec.... this thing does such little HPS it's not even worth using... need to increase the proc to like 40% and having healing for 20% of the damage....

Ascendant

Put on VE, target extractor, Pop Fury of Ascended, Proceed to solo all 4 turrets.

Put on VE, Target elite invasions in EI, Pop Fury, Destroy everything in your path.

Beside those 2 scenarios, that require u to use Holy Champ, VE is trash in any other scenario. waste of PA points imo
    Last edited by DaCommando; 08-20-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Retired

Ascendant

PA fills up eventually, so who cares if it wastes points?

Telaran

In this wf, very start of it did 36k dmg done to two people keeping about 400-500 dps up, lasted a minute and 15 seconds and only got 5hps....

I care because I only have 20k PA points right now and I want to get the most out of them as I can, was hoping VE would help keep me alive a few seconds longer w/o it but it'd be better to just get the 120 SP glyph back.....

Fighting at the bridge, throwing out massive amounts of AoE dmg (Traitorous influence and storm shackle + dots + constant FB spamming) getting over 500 dps and only 20HPS..... and I'd say that extra 15 HPS was because of Incompetence lol...
    Last edited by Megamisama; 08-20-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Telaran

Sorry it was actually 60hps, dropped to 20 cause I was still in combat but not actually attacking

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    In this wf, very start of it did 36k dmg done to two people keeping about 400-500 dps up, lasted a minute and 15 seconds and only got 5hps....

I care because I only have 20k PA points right now and I want to get the most out of them as I can, was hoping VE would help keep me alive a few seconds longer w/o it but it'd be better to just get the 120 SP glyph back.....

Fighting at the bridge, throwing out massive amounts of AoE dmg (Traitorous influence and storm shackle + dots + constant FB spamming) getting over 500 dps and only 20HPS..... and I'd say that extra 15 HPS was because of Incompetence lol...
    If you seriously wanted the most from PA you would take the stats and use powerstones. Also, because of the damage reductions in PVP I agree VM are pretty useless there.
    Last edited by Sariina; 08-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    If you seriously wanted the most from PA you would take the stats and use powerstones. Also, because of the damage reductions in PVP I agree VM are pretty useless there.
    I'm still getting about 500 dps off PvP and usually getting 1k FB's but it doesn't proc nearly often enough and not for enough healing.... would be better off making it like warrior's Blade of Elemental Affinity and give heal on crit

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'm still getting about 500 dps off PvP and usually getting 1k FB's but it doesn't proc nearly often enough and not for enough healing.... would be better off making it like warrior's Blade of Elemental Affinity and give heal on crit
    . . . or just leave it the way it is because it's useful for some open world questing, like the 120SP one too. If you are doing anything that you'd find a challenge where more SP might gain you a usable advantage you shouldn't be using the PA stuff anyway you should be using powerstones.

Why did you think 2% of your damage as healing would be worth a respec of PA?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Why did you think 2% of your damage as healing would be worth a respec of PA?
    Well I was hoping it would proc a lot and 2k FB's would give me 50-100HPS but I was completely wrong

Rift Disciple

OP is right tho, VE in it's current form is a bit poo.

On the subject of glyph vs powerstone... Yeah, powerstone is better by quite a bit. It also requires quite a bit of plat if you can't make them yourself. Last I checked they were 5 plat each on a very good day when the AH is flooded with them, but are normally 6 to 7 each. That's rather prohibitive to use in each and every situation where they would be beneficial considering there are other costs fresh 50's have than consumables, whereas glyphs are limited only by the amount of charges you have which are quite easy to get. So dungeons, weekly raid quests, PvP, I'm not wasting a powerstone on that. Farm bosses we one shot anyway, not wasting one on those either. Glyph sure, I like the fire effect and it gives a bit of extra power. But the only times I'm going to use a 7 plat consumable are on progression bosses where the raid can't afford anything less than the best from everyone, or if the raid is only going to last 4 hours anyway.

As for Vampiric Essence... yeah. It's trash. Doesn't proc enough, doesn't heal enough. I can see why they don't want to make it as strong as abilities such as Blade of Elemental Affinity, but weak as it is I'd say VE's about as useful as the 30% proc for a 300 point shield on a 30 second cooldown from Earth attunement. Which is to say if it was a constant passive, then sure it falls in the realm of nice to have but not game breaking. But as a replacement for other temporary weapon enhancements, it's entirely worthless.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    On the subject of glyph vs powerstone... Yeah, powerstone is better by quite a bit. It also requires quite a bit of plat if you can't make them yourself. Last I checked they were 5 plat each on a very good day when the AH is flooded with them, but are normally 6 to 7 each. That's rather prohibitive to use in each and every situation where they would be beneficial considering there are other costs fresh 50's have than consumables, whereas glyphs are limited only by the amount of charges you have which are quite easy to get. So dungeons, weekly raid quests, PvP, I'm not wasting a powerstone on that. Farm bosses we one shot anyway, not wasting one on those either. Glyph sure, I like the fire effect and it gives a bit of extra power. But the only times I'm going to use a 7 plat consumable are on progression bosses where the raid can't afford anything less than the best from everyone, or if the raid is only going to last 4 hours anyway.

As for Vampiric Essence... yeah. It's trash. Doesn't proc enough, doesn't heal enough. I can see why they don't want to make it as strong as abilities such as Blade of Elemental Affinity, but weak as it is I'd say VE's about as useful as the 30% proc for a 300 point shield on a 30 second cooldown from Earth attunement. Which is to say if it was a constant passive, then sure it falls in the realm of nice to have but not game breaking. But as a replacement for other temporary weapon enhancements, it's entirely worthless.
    Sure, charges you get just by going to EI for a second . . . but plat you get just by farming rich bacon off of bats. At 1.5p for each RB you get, and on bat day you can get 2 RB per minute generally then each 4 hour power stone takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds to buy (@7P each). Use the PA stuff for RB farming cause it doesn't matter... use the powerstones/[whet|oil]stones for PVP and Raids.

+ Reply to Thread