+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bored of the same spec crap

  1. #1
    Telaran Karlbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    83

    Default Bored of the same spec crap

    I have mastered the defilemancer spec and have been using it for a while now i dont know about the rest of the mage community but i want more viable top end raid specs from this game it gets really boring playing the same crap over and over again i think its time we speak up and stop conforming and accepting the fact we have to deal with this there are so many souls its time someone gets off their butt and does their job and gives us more varity.

    I know some of u will say there will be always be a top spec while this may be true there is no reason there can be other specs that are withen 300 dps of the very top currently there are none.

    I hope trion realizes that currently none of the mages use the 51 point abilities to dps with in raids and take this into consideration with the 61 point ones in the X-Pac i hope they make them raid viable.

    Another thing since i am on the subject why is it that other classes can have 3 macros and do just as much or close to my damage and i have to manage so much more if this dosnt change mages as a whole will die off due to the difficulty of the class i have already noticed a decline in the mage population and i feel its because people are switching to the 3 macro classes.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    so you say you playstyle is boring and then demand you may have more makros to make your playing even more boring? weird ...

    to ad to that: did you read other threads, where mages desperatly demand more roles cause they need so many different specs? seems its your problem ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 08-19-2012 at 06:51 AM.

  3. #3
    Telaran Karlbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Antigonos
    so you say you playstyle is boring and then demand you may have more makros to make your playing even more boring? weird ...

    to ad to that: did you read other threads, where mages desperatly demand more roles cause they need so many different specs? seems its your problem ...

    So its Weird to want more varity ok your clearly a conformist
    I care less about other threads so i posted a new one whats your point o yea u dont have one

  4. #4
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Nothing is stopping you from playing other specs or even other classes.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlbjorn View Post
    Antigonos
    so you say you playstyle is boring and then demand you may have more makros to make your playing even more boring? weird ...

    to ad to that: did you read other threads, where mages desperatly demand more roles cause they need so many different specs? seems its your problem ...

    So its Weird to want more varity ok your clearly a conformist
    I care less about other threads so i posted a new one whats your point o yea u dont have one
    I think he was pointing out that clearly a good amount of people have found some sort of variety while playing mage and that perhaps you are the one who's missing the variety that already exists. I'm pretty sure you'll be waiting for storm legion before you see any vast amount of changes to the soul system. I mean it'd be pretty pointless to rebalance everything just to have to rebalance it again immediately following the xpac release, what with all the talents and skills changing position on a lot of skill trees and all.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlbjorn View Post
    Antigonos
    so you say you playstyle is boring and then demand you may have more makros to make your playing even more boring? weird ...

    to ad to that: did you read other threads, where mages desperatly demand more roles cause they need so many different specs? seems its your problem ...

    So its Weird to want more varity ok your clearly a conformist
    I care less about other threads so i posted a new one whats your point o yea u dont have one
    Did... did someone just use the "conformist" argument?

    I... well... ummm... no, I'm at a loss for words.

    Carry on.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Effeil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet The Fierce View Post
    Did... did someone just use the "conformist" argument?

    I... well... ummm... no, I'm at a loss for words.

    Carry on.
    *Put hipster's glasses on*

    SO MAINSTREAM
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

    Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Lalothen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Go watch the Harbinger reveal, then sit back and be patient to see how much mages get changed come the expansion.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlbjorn View Post
    I have mastered the defilemancer spec and have been using it for a while now i dont know about the rest of the mage community but i want more viable top end raid specs from this game it gets really boring playing the same crap over and over again i think its time we speak up and stop conforming and accepting the fact we have to deal with this there are so many souls its time someone gets off their butt and does their job and gives us more varity.

    I know some of u will say there will be always be a top spec while this may be true there is no reason there can be other specs that are withen 300 dps of the very top currently there are none.

    I hope trion realizes that currently none of the mages use the 51 point abilities to dps with in raids and take this into consideration with the 61 point ones in the X-Pac i hope they make them raid viable.

    Another thing since i am on the subject why is it that other classes can have 3 macros and do just as much or close to my damage and i have to manage so much more if this dosnt change mages as a whole will die off due to the difficulty of the class i have already noticed a decline in the mage population and i feel its because people are switching to the 3 macro classes.
    36/30 can easily be within 300 dps of defilemancer depending which build the given fight favors

  10. #10
    Plane Walker merder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Sucks to be bored playing defilemancer. I like having a hard rotation/priority order. (Compared to other classes). There are other options. Maybe not really competitive,
    but for example, I like running sc/Pyro and 51 necro in 5-mans. Depending where you are in progression though, you might get yelled at if you're not in a top spec.

    But if the devs read/see this, please DO NOT give us 3-button builds. Maybe give easier options, but reward those who learn these builds. Bring building storm back!
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

  11. #11
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    so you say you playstyle is boring and then demand you may have more makros to make your playing even more boring? weird ...

    to ad to that: did you read other threads, where mages desperatly demand more roles cause they need so many different specs? seems its your problem ...
    "to ad to that: did you read other threads, where mages desperatly demand more roles cause they need so many different specs? seems its your problem ..."


    Ya, I need more roles for more specs. Lets see I have 38/28 (Spark), 30/36 (Spark), pyro/sc (Spark), pyrodom (Spark), solo spec sc/pyro/chloro (Spark) and my 51 chloro (no Spark). And I need another slot for pyrochloro (Spark).

    O boy I am loving that variety, I get to play that pyro spec or that pyro spec or maybe even that pyro spec.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker DaCommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Speaking of more roles, i run 5 different chloro specs... I have 1 role that i alternate all my dps specs in and pvp... I spend 100s of plat a week respecing and hours of rebuilding my bars set up........

    We need a way to have almost no restrictions on numbers of roles.. which can be done by having presets saved up and just visit ur class' npc, for a charge ofc, he can load up that preset right away.
    Retired

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    Speaking of more roles, i run 5 different chloro specs... I have 1 role that i alternate all my dps specs in and pvp... I spend 100s of plat a week respecing and hours of rebuilding my bars set up........

    We need a way to have almost no restrictions on numbers of roles.. which can be done by having presets saved up and just visit ur class' npc, for a charge ofc, he can load up that preset right away.
    You could easily consolidate your Chloromancer roles.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlbjorn View Post
    <snip> I hope trion realizes that currently none of the mages use the 51 point abilities to dps with in raids <snip>
    51 point builds leave you with only 15 points to play with in other trees. There isn't any room to customize with 51 point builds. THAT is boring.

    I would rather see them move some of the tree defining skills lower down the tree and have their efficiency scale with number of points you invested.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara utterchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    846

    Default

    51 lock 8 necro 7 pyro is a fun and challenging spec in a raid to play, i am having fun with it. You should try it out. With tablets and timing you crit potions correctly it can do some serious damage.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts