+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AWHavoc

Thread: So how would you make macros for Harbinger hybrid builds with caster trees?

Default So how would you make macros for Harbinger hybrid builds with caster trees?

something thats been on my mind, is how the macros will work with this soul.
    I am not an expert on making macros,
    but is it possible to macro spell cast abilities in with the melee abilities for rotations with the spell cast shorten?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

No, that's why you don't have cinderburst in a pyro macro. It'll do the long cast. You *can* have it in with something like a [shift] modifier, but it's usually easiest to just have a seperate button.

We don't know enough about how it's gonna work until we get it on beta, but fwiw, if harbringer is 1 button spam I'm gonna be deeply disappointed in Kervik. I think it'll be more like current mages though, where there'll be some stuff you can macro together and then a whole bunch you just can't. From the reveal that's what it looks like- eg there's a slash ability that increases dmg for 8s but has no cd. Those are usually dps losses to just spam.
    Seraphim are always recruiting! Join now and get a friend in free!
    Find us in game to have a chat and see if we're a fit for you.

- You put your melee abilities in 1
    - You put your casting abilities in 2
    - You press the following (11112), (11112), (1111122), (1111.... You shout HEATWAVEEEE, then press 2 as hard as you can)
    See you all in Wildstar!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    - You put your melee abilities in 1
    - You put your casting abilities in 2
    - You press the following (11112), (11112), (1111122), (1111.... You shout HEATWAVEEEE, then press 2 as hard as you can)
    This part is very important, if you don't shout heatwave it won't work.

I hope they make the rotations for Harbinger more user-friendly because Pyro is just horrible!

Plane Walker

Real mages don't use macros!
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    I hope they make the rotations for Harbinger more user-friendly because Pyro is just horrible!
    Lol wut...?

Ascendant

I'm actually hoping you can macro the harbinger stuff, lol. Call me lazy but I'd like to be able to just pew pew one button sometimes. We probably won't be able to macro whatever ability we pair it with though, which is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    I'm actually hoping you can macro the harbinger stuff, lol. Call me lazy but I'd like to be able to just pew pew one button sometimes. We probably won't be able to macro whatever ability we pair it with though, which is fine by me.
    I remember Kervik saying it will not be macro friendly, they try to get away from that road. Pianist spec.

Which is good, I don't want to fall asleep in front of my screen, I got my bed for that.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

I'm just hoping that the harbinger is fun and has some complexity, but isn't a colossal pain in the rear to raid with like defilemancer. building-storm level complexity would be a nice middle ground between simple 1-macro derp and defile.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Araenn View Post
    I'm just hoping that the harbinger is fun and has some complexity, but isn't a colossal pain in the rear to raid with like defilemancer. building-storm level complexity would be a nice middle ground between simple 1-macro derp and defile.
    You can still just have your melee abilities in a macro with cast abilities on top.
    As long as you keep moving you won't ever cast, but when your habinger thingy procs the 2 sec reduction, it should cast whatever is on top instantly as long as it isn't longer than a 2 sec casttime ability on its own.

If it's worth it etc, we'll have to see, but that's one way to do it.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    I remember Kervik saying it will not be macro friendly, they try to get away from that road. Pianist spec.

Which is good, I don't want to fall asleep in front of my screen, I got my bed for that.
    Mages have never really had any huge benefit of macro usage. I don't know why they make other classes so easy to use macros with... completely negates any small amount of skill the game requires... I hope they address this over all classes, not just leave mage the b*****d child of macros.
    Last edited by mo0trix; 08-20-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Mages have never really had any huge benefit of macro usage. I don't know why they make other classes so easy to use macros with... completely negates any small amount of skill the game requires... I hope they address this over all classes, not just leave mage the b*****d child of macros.
    To be fair its mostly because Mage DPS is centralized around DoTs that have no CD. No other calling is like that. I agree completely though I hope every calling moves away from being macro centric.

+ Reply to Thread