+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who else has "illuminate"?

dbe
    General of Telara

Default Who else has "illuminate"?

Is there another soul that uses this ability besides archon, or something like it?

Ascendant

The Rogue Bard's Coda of Jeopardy and the Warrior Warlord's Spotter's Order are also clones of it.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Wild Growth will also knock Illuminate off of your target for the 12 second duration of it.

Archon Guide in my sig

ctrl+f "Illuminate"

dbe
    General of Telara

Wild Growth is at least understandable, even though it's not the same thing. But CoJ and Spotter's are much weaker, right? So they shouldn't knock off Illuminate.

I realize this should be talked about as the group is forming, but sometimes in RoS or GSB pugs people just start pulling

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Wild Growth is at least understandable, even though it's not the same thing. But CoJ and Spotter's are much weaker, right? So they shouldn't knock off Illuminate.

I realize this should be talked about as the group is forming, but sometimes in RoS or GSB pugs people just start pulling
    CoJ is actually better, if the bard has five combo points on the target then it lasts for 1 minute (fully talented).

Other than duration, however, both CoJ and Illuminate are exact copies of Spotter's Order.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Proin Drakenzol View Post
    CoJ is actually better, if the bard has five combo points on the target then it lasts for 1 minute (fully talented).

Other than duration, however, both CoJ and Illuminate are exact copies of Spotter's Order.
    CoJ's advantage only lies in terms of duration. Illuminate can be cast on multiple targets easier *and* can be cast before the pull without drawing aggro.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Proin Drakenzol View Post

I know that when I'm archon I notice that (at least for me) Illuminate does more damage than CoJ.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    CoJ's advantage only lies in terms of duration. Illuminate can be cast on multiple targets easier *and* can be cast before the pull without drawing aggro.
    Carefully. Only if you don't have Burning Purpose up at the time otherwise that will do damage and pull the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    I know that when I'm archon I notice that (at least for me) Illuminate does more damage than CoJ.
    This is IIRC a buggy behavior with one of the Mage damage buffs that applies to Illuminate, where others don't. Glyphs of Power maybe?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Carefully. Only if you don't have Burning Purpose up at the time otherwise that will do damage and pull the mob.

This is IIRC a buggy behavior with one of the Mage damage buffs that applies to Illuminate, where others don't. Glyphs of Power maybe?
    Ah, I don't usually do the Archoning, so I've always told them just to buff that after combat initiates.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Ah, I don't usually do the Archoning, so I've always told them just to buff that after combat initiates.
    Seeing as I usually just use Illuminate as soon as the tank has aggro there isn't really much difference :P

Ascendant

Seeing as I usually just use Illuminate as soon as the tank has aggro there isn't really much difference :P
    Yeah x3 My guild isn't hardcore, so there's usually a lot of waiting between pulls. I tend to get bored, switch to some odd Chloro hybrid spec I'm testing at the time, and if it has Illuminate, I'll just mark up an AoE pack and see how many sparkly things I can get swirling above their heads. It looks pretty cool with Radiant Spores, Nature's Conversion and Illuminate.
    good or the best

Yeah Illumniate is the way to go. I see a lot of forum threads that state that the bard should use CoJ rather than the Archons Illuminate because of the 1 min duration. Since most raids run with at least 1 chloro, mostly 2 and they have their wild growth rotation going on that will knock off CoJ and Illuminate of the bosses the 1min CoJ will never be taken advantage of anyways.

So IMO it's much better for the Archon to use the Illuminate. It's an insta cast and we don't need no combo points to cast it. Bards should rather use their combo points for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendria View Post
    Yeah Illumniate is the way to go. I see a lot of forum threads that state that the bard should use CoJ rather than the Archons Illuminate because of the 1 min duration. Since most raids run with at least 1 chloro, mostly 2 and they have their wild growth rotation going on that will knock off CoJ and Illuminate of the bosses the 1min CoJ will never be taken advantage of anyways.

So IMO it's much better for the Archon to use the Illuminate. It's an insta cast and we don't need no combo points to cast it. Bards should rather use their combo points for healing.
    On the other hand to keep Illuminate up 100% you will miss potential uptime on raid buffs which means less DPS, the bard's healing is only a concern if you need it.

IMO there's no right answer to this and between the Bard and Archon just pick someone to use it. Either way the Archon should use it initially because it can be applied faster.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-15-2012 at 10:49 AM.

On the other hand to keep Illuminate up 100% you will miss potential uptime on raid buffs which means less DPS, the bard's healing is only a concern if you need it.

IMO there's no right answer to this and between the Bard and Archon just pick someone to use it. Either way the Archon should use it initially because it can be applied faster.
    Well as Archon your auras you apply in the beginning and when need of re-apply. Your raid -buffs you apply via dps have a cooldown which time you usually use to pull out some dps, so to insta cast Illuminate on the boss I doubt will interfear with your raid buffs honestly, unless maybe its takes a player 5 seconds to find the spell and apply it.

In regards to the bard, when you get to ID progression and that is what I am talking about healing of a bard is actually essentual and I rather take a bard that has shown he can pull out 1k-1.5k hps and + than a bard that shows 300-500 hps. You always want to utilize the supporting class' abilities. And Archons if in the correct spec cannot heal unless you want to put your points in chloro and then pull out bad bad dps. So since a bard is actually able to assist the healing IMO they should.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast